Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Egg Boy

New leak suggests Doom may be represented in smash

I won't link it here for obvious reasons, but recently a legitimate looking screen shot was posted showing a cacodemon mii hat. Whether or not this is real or fake, how do you feel about doom being represented in smash? Personally, I'd say it's well deserved.

Maybe I'm just a dummy, but the closest thing to an obvious reason I can think of for not linking is because it might be taken down quickly. But I don't suppose this record of it is going anywhere.

5 minutes ago, SiFi270 said:

Maybe I'm just a dummy, but the closest thing to an obvious reason I can think of for not linking is because it might be taken down quickly. But I don't suppose this record of it is going anywhere.

Obvious may be an exaggeration it's more because I'm not really clear on what doomworld's stance is on posting leaked material.

Very, very deserving. While I personaly don't own a Switch, I still find Smash an incredibly interesting franchise and I'm always very curious about leaks and other people's speculations. I still visit Smashboards from time to time! And I must say, Doomguy is not only one of the biggest icons of shooter games, he is still very popular and relevant, with a very hyped game coming out soon. The only problem I see is that he is by far the most "mature" character that will be in the roster if he gets in, but Sakurai is a very dedicated man to his job, I'm almost he will make him work.

But outside the game, there is still something that bothers me: the younger fans of Doom that came to know the game thanks to BD and D2016. Some of those guys are 12 years old edgelords, and I'm afraid that a part of them will troll and attack id, Nintendo and their fans for Doomguy being in the game, while the other part will join the Smash community and put an even worse reputation to it. I don't want to sound like an old man and generalize everything, I wouldn't be surprised to see that Doom fans outside Doomworld are pretty chill, but even a vocal minority can still cause damage.

I hope it's the classic doom guy, i can see him fitting in the game but doom slayer?

Either way i am very glad, i also don't own a switch but it's awesome for him to get in smash, (would love to see heavy in smash)

To match the PG ratings they could make him the little figurine version looking like a little Mario in space marine gear.

31 minutes ago, Chezza said:

To match the PG ratings they could make him the little figurine version looking like a little Mario in space marine gear.

It'll probably be classic doom guy, there are already mature characters in smash so even the slayer wouldn't be too tough to fit in.

Funny if he gets included, seeing as how Sakurai has stated that Mai would be inappropriate for Smash Bros because it's "a game for good boys and girls."

Guest Unregistered account

Just gonna assume it's fake, but I wonder if and how they'd implement glory kills? As a standard attack/passive feature or a final smash? Or would the BFG get to be the final smash? Either way given the source material he has the potential to be both a Ganondorf-level melee damage dealer and an irritating projectile spammer.

They'd probably balance it the same way they do to the high-tiers and give him a poor recovery. For extra laughs they should just not allow him to jump at all. Completely faithful!

8 hours ago, Ajora said:

Funny if he gets included, seeing as how Sakurai has stated that Mai would be inappropriate for Smash Bros because it's "a game for good boys and girls."

I think that has more to do with the way she is animated and her design, I mean, its not like doom guy's design is inherently inappropriate in any way. I think its more that Mai is impossible to represent accurately in Smash brothers without changing its age rating. Though the classic design's ab window might be too hot for tv lmao. I don't think there is anything barring doom guy's inclusion in the game. We already have several characters with religious references i.e. Pit or Bayonetta, and we already have character that use realistic weaponry i.e. Snake and Joker.

I could see them simply calling him "DOOM" similar to Quake III Arena, and giving him an alternate costume so he has both his classic and Slayer appearance. If ever he does make it into Smash Ultimate I look forward to Sakurai talking about the history of Doom and his experience with the game.

14 hours ago, Ajora said:

seeing as how Sakurai has stated that Mai would be inappropriate for Smash Bros because it's "a game for good boys and girls."

Sakurai didn't say that.