Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cy637d3m0n

Cant user zdoom (doom in doom format)

I recently tryed to get back into map making but in trying to configure my game to be in zdooom (doom in doom format) but it keeps acting like its in the doom 2 configuration I remember this used to work right but its not now and iv tryed uninstalling doom builder and reinstalling but its still like this.

The Doom Builders do not distinguish between Doom and Doom II. You get the textures from the IWAD, the sprites from the IWAD too, the Doom II actors will not have sprites if you make a map for Doom 1 so that's how you can tell not to use them if you forgot which they were.

SLADE 3 does distinguish between Ultimate Doom and Doom II, though.

24 minutes ago, Gez said:

The Doom Builders do not distinguish between Doom and Doom II. You get the textures from the IWAD, the sprites from the IWAD too, the Doom II actors will not have sprites if you make a map for Doom 1 so that's how you can tell not to use them if you forgot which they were.

SLADE 3 does distinguish between Ultimate Doom and Doom II, though.

Thank you but what im getting at is the configuration isnt working and it dosnt look like im getting any editing options from doom in doom format but looks like its in the doom 2 format for some reason iv tryed both doom and doom 2 wads

for somereason lm not getting the right line def options like controlling door speed and what activates a wall ect just the basic doom 2 configuration ones

Okay, I see the confusion now.

What you want is to use ZDoom (Doom in UDMF). The Doom format doesn't have parameters for its specials, those are in Hexen format and in ZDoom UDMF.

7 hours ago, cy637d3m0n said:

for some reason l'm not getting the right line def options like controlling door speed and what activates a wall etc just the basic doom 2 configuration ones

Since you are selecting the configuration ZDoom (Doom in Doom format) you cannot expect to magically have all the options available which are part of ZDoom (Doom in Hexen) format or ZDoom (UDMF).

In every case, regardless of the game engine used, if you are mapping for DOOM2, you would select the DOOM2 iwad as resource.

Read up on Map Formats.

Therefore, to have all options of G/ZDoom available, press the key F6 after the editor opens to set up the appropriate format:

rF4GkeN.png