Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ReeseJamPiece

Best FPS game (Aside from Doom)

Advanced issues found

On 10/31/2019 at 5:47 PM, ReeseJamPiece said:

Advanced issues found

On 10/31/2019 at 5:47 PM, ReeseJamPiece said:

Mines personally is CoDMW2, it is just perfection in my opinion.

Bruuuh, yes! I love MW2 it's so fucking good! I don't really have a fav FPS but MW2 is definitely in my top 10 fave games

6 hours ago, Phobus said:

So much love for Blood here... I just don't get it. If it wasn't for Fresh Supply allowing you to actually balance the game with the Made to Order menu, I'd suggest it's one of the less playable old FPS games out there... And the fucking Gargoyles and bats can barely get off of the ceiling! Yeah, the theme is cool, it's got plenty of great references and some interesting weapons, but it's hardly the pinnacle of FPS game mechanics.

TBH I wouldn't say that Blood is one of the less playable old FPSes. The gameplay is mostly solid minus a few things here and there. The guns are probably the best in any build engine game (though IF came close). The only thing I don't like about Blood is the monotone visuals with dull/muted color palette and some cryptic levels.

Though personally speaking, I would definitely put Ion Fury and Duke3D above it.

Edited by ReaperAA

7 hours ago, Phobus said:

So much love for Blood here... I just don't get it. If it wasn't for Fresh Supply allowing you to actually balance the game with the Made to Order menu, I'd suggest it's one of the less playable old FPS games out there... And the fucking Gargoyles and bats can barely get off of the ceiling! Yeah, the theme is cool, it's got plenty of great references and some interesting weapons, but it's hardly the pinnacle of FPS game mechanics.

I've never had a problem with the balance. The hardest difficulty is much harder than in other games (like Shadow Warrior or DN3D) but there are also more to choose from and the whole point of difficulty levels is that if you can't do it on the higher ones, you go lower. I played SW on the highest difficulty without a problem and thought I could do the same with Blood. It was actually quite satisfying, discovering that I couldn't get further than the second level. It provided more challenge and meant I still had room for improvement.  

The Gargoyle thing is pretty annoying, I usually go to explore other areas and wait while they pull themselves together. Doesn't happen that often though, only in a few very open areas and when it happens inside of a room, it's not really a problem.

9 hours ago, Phobus said:

Grear level design, atmosphere, music and Hard as hell frantic gameplay...

On 11/7/2019 at 9:02 PM, Dark Pulse said:

Only one other person (in my admitted skim of this thread) mentioned the original Unreal Tournament.

The rest of you, report yourselves to the hallway of ricocheting Ripper blades.

Crouching, naturally, is not allowed.

People started mentioning the original Unreal Tournament only after I did. xD

12 hours ago, Master O said:

People started mentioning the original Unreal Tournament only after I did. xD

Nope, I mentioned Q3A and UT99 before you made your first post in this thread. :p

On 11/5/2019 at 5:46 PM, Octillion said:

Only because I still can't decide between the classic Quake vs Unreal Tournament battle.

*Shrugs*

11 hours ago, Octillion said:

Only because I still can't decide between the classic Quake vs Unreal Tournament battle.

Its okay. I can't decide between them either.