Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chipper35

After 'Final Doom'??

I've tried to find my own answer at the Doom wiki.....but am still struggling. Were there any major commercial releases between Final Doom and Doom 3??

Nope, there was a 7 year break between Doom64 and Doom3, 8 if we're not counting Doom64 for some reason. Doom64 EX is the best way to experience it on PC, certainly worth your time.

1993: Doom

1994: Doom II: Hell on Earth

1995: The Ultimate Doom, The Master Levels for Doom II

1996: Final Doom

1997: Doom 64

Then nothing until Doom 3, followed by expansions and cell phone games until Doom 2016.

38 minutes ago, famicommander said:

Then nothing until Doom 3, followed by expansions and cell phone games until Doom 2016.

A solid answer.....thanks!

4 hours ago, famicommander said:

No dating sims?  [/joking]

11 hours ago, Maximum Matt said:

Tinder Doom.  Someone get on that.

Oh god that’s all we need, an old wrinkly Mancubus spread legged on our screens 🤢

I'm sadly missing my manuals though I still have my old Ultimate Doom, Doom 2, Final Doom, and Master Levels discs and their big boxes.   Here's a good download of digital manuals: https://archive.org/details/DoomManualPC/page/n2   The zip contains regular Doom, Ultimate Doom, Doom 2, and Final Doom.

It's been years since I played through TNT Evilution, but I wonder if anyone has attempted to make something like the demonic space ship described in this part of its story:

Hell knew more than one trick. Months after the Gate incident, the yearly supply ship came ahead of time. On radar, the ship looked far larger than usual. And it was coming from the wrong direction. Strange, but not inexplicable. The lax radar operators reported the ship's approach, and personnel went out to the landing field to meet it. But it never landed. Instead, it hovered over the base, miles in the air. The men and women looked up at it, and saw that something was terribly wrong.
The ship could not have come from Earth. It was huge, kilometers long, and was built of bone, steel, flesh, corruption, and death. It was a bio-mechano-magical construct from the depths of Hell and It had come through space for its vengeance. Enormous doors, large as football fields, irised open and hideous demons poured out, plunging to the ground and blanketing the entire base with their throbbing, pulsing bodies. They were everywhere at once. The marines' defenses, set up to prevent an attack from the direction of the Gate, were worthless. The monsters poured through the sewers, the air vents, the hallways, everywhere, rampaging, corrupting, and feasting.

Don't know if "irised open" is a typo or it means opening like an eye or rather expanding like an iris.

On a side note, anyone know if the Heretic+Hexen collection on steam contains any such goodies?  Besides upgraded & expanded Doom 3, Doom 3 BFG edition doesn't except for having the new Doom 2 episode, "No Rest For the Living."  I have a digital version of Heretic's manual and physical of Hexen and Hexen II's, though Hexen II's physical doesn't tell much while there's loads of good html form stuff on it or its addon's disc.   Like Master Levels, I don't remember Deathkings having much of a manual, but not sure.   I would apologize in advance in for the slight derail, but I'm not sorry!

EDIT: Also wondering for that collection includes the rare Hexen95.exe only found in one physical collection pack years ago.

Edited by Gokuma