Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doom Marine

DVII Second Edition underway. It's time!

I was wondering how many un-E1 elements would be there in your rendition, and this delivers. 

27 minutes ago, JDR said:

I was wondering how many un-E1 elements would be there in your rendition, and this delivers. 

From my mapping journal:

image.png.aca7fca1aaa0392ec2acbb4808b0235c.png

image.png.833df8d1d5a5f89395ff075894948cd0.png

The monster lineup for DVII-E1 is UDoom + Chaingunners + HK + [Mystery Monster]

My DVII-E1 is a fanfic that retains the original E1 spirit.

I really like what you've done there. Most people who create E1-inspired stuff go full homage, and even the ones that have a more complex artistic vision still use only stock textures (plus the alpha stuff, sometimes). The blended aesthetic in your shot looks really neat.

9 hours ago, Touchdown said:

I'd like to point out that 30 years of DOOM is still almost 2 years away. So... yeah.

A possible deadline is better than no deadline at all. Probably.

I am really skeptical that this will be anywhere near as good as the massive development time has lead people to believe. 

15 minutes ago, Mr. Freeze said:

I am really skeptical that this will be anywhere near as good as the massive development time has lead people to believe. 

I mean, I expect it to be good, based on Huy’s previous maps. I don’t expect it to have been a full-time job since DV2’s original release. I’m sure there have been periods of inactivity, as there are with basically any hobby project.

That's fair, and I'm sure it'll be *good* at least.  But I'm definitely going in with tempered expectations. 

On 3/18/2022 at 12:21 PM, Doom Marine said:

30 years of Doom is coming up... might release E1 just to be part of it

My two cents: maybe by releasing E1 first, you may have enough feedback/praise that helps you push through the rest of the project. Because, let's be honest, motivation for a free project like this can be pretty important.

On 3/19/2022 at 9:39 AM, Mr. Freeze said:

That sounds like a psyop for me to call your bluff and release it kek

sneaky snek