Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guiddqd

Plutonia 2 Demos [-complevel 4]

6 hours ago, vdgg said:

Also, that floating mancubus at 2:03...

Yeah, I noticed that in-game also. This is the only time I've encountered such a thing in any Doom WAD, alongside the Zombie issue.

apparently there's a demo in less than half the time already by eschdoom.  They beat it in a breakneck pace but for some reason there is a closet of revenants that just don't teleport in for... reasons I really don't understand.  The revs just oscillate across the teleport line but none of them teleport in. weird

46 minutes ago, JonaG said:

MAP28 Pacifist in 1:10

"...by some miracle I survived the vile's attack"

You happened to have just enough health :) 52% health 37% armor means death if it's green armor but you had blue armor (from the megasphere).

52 minutes ago, vdgg said:

You happened to have just enough health :) 52% health 37% armor means death if it's green armor but you had blue armor (from the megasphere).

Ahhh, so that's why I didn't die, good to know! :)

MAP10 UV Fast in 5:18.26 (was 5:52.60 by blob1024, 2014)

Demo: p210f518.zip
Video: 

A nice run, on quite a nice map. The map itself has some tricky areas, but it's overall not very difficult. Health and ammo pickups are not abundant, and running out of bullets and shells can happen if you're not careful. The basement trap room with all the mancubi and cacodemons is probably the place where I've died the most.

On 9/29/2018 at 3:57 AM, NoisyVelvet said:

apparently there's a demo in less than half the time already by eschdoom.  They beat it in a breakneck pace but for some reason there is a closet of revenants that just don't teleport in for... reasons I really don't understand.  The revs just oscillate across the teleport line but none of them teleport in. weird

i recently have tried to max map25 too, and was close to eschdoom's times in my attempts, but I gave up for same reason.

I cant understand if there's a way to be relatively sure about these 6 revenants 

maybe someone with wide knowledge of map mechanisms can enlighten us :)

That is a great run blob, good strategy and great ammo management, well done! I thought it was crazy to release nazis before cleaning up everything else, but it turned out ok. 

BTW, this is actually a good incentive for me to improve my old run and beat you again :D

17 hours ago, Red-XIII said:

That is a great run blob, good strategy and great ammo management, well done! I thought it was crazy to release nazis before cleaning up everything else, but it turned out ok. 

BTW, this is actually a good incentive for me to improve my old run and beat you again :D

damn... looks like I'll spend whole covid time on this map then ;(

jokes apart. goodluck !

1 hour ago, tchkb said:

Very cool. Will you try getting UV-Respawn of this map as well?

I don't think  so. I never really tried it neither I know its exact rules... (100% kills non-smart totals and 100% secrets?)

it would take no time to get some exit, but idnt be interested in trying to optimize the category

On 4/20/2020 at 7:32 PM, tchkb said:

Very cool. Will you try getting UV-Respawn of this map as well?

I actually tried the route i had in mind, and its hardly viable, so maybe its more interesting than i originally thought. so I might try respawn as well

right now i'm still getting frustrated by some map bugs under uvmaxing for now...double checked automap, but in few demos I've 1 less monster spawning sometimes 

some route changes might have affected this (?_?) even if a pinkie more or less wouldnt be changing absolutely nothing here and i might as well simply post the lmp anyway... ill try be patient a couple days more,since i can only play 30-45min per day or less

On 4/20/2020 at 8:38 PM, blob1024 said:

I don't think  so. I never really tried it neither I know its exact rules... (100% kills non-smart totals and 100% secrets?) 

The kill counter at result screen must display 100% kills, that's all. Which basically means that you need to get as many kills (including respawned enemies, AV resurrects and Icon of Sin spawns) as the number of enemies at map's start. If you use Advanced HUD, you'll know immediately because the map has 386 initial monsters, so getting K counter to 386 is when you can exit the map. And of course 100% secrets.

I imagine that the safest approach for a valid exit would be playing the map UV-Speed style and then farming some kills in IoS ending area. From this point you could try optimizing it by looking for ways to quickly farm a lot of kills in the main area via infights and BFGing stuff that's numerous and dies quickly (and therefore resurrects quickly for more kills).