Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KennyJC

Can someone try out my nearly finished level?

It's about 85% finished and it's my first attempt.

The only things to be added are one more room, some finishing touches, and the adding/balancing of monsters and items.

You can get it here:-

ftp://kjc:kjc@80.4.100.39/kjc1.wad

EDIT: completed version is now availible here:
ftp://archives.3dgamers.com/pub/idgames/newstuff/fear.zip

If you think it's good enough to go into a megawad you're involved in, then let me know.

Oh, and can someone please tell me how to fix the problem of monsters apparently being blind until you walk very close to them?

Please check here again in a couple of days for the completed WAD. Opinions, suggestions and bug reporting please.

KennyJC said:

Oh, and can someone please tell me how to fix the problem of monsters apparently being blind until you walk very close to them?

click the monsters and take of the deaf tag... :)
what editor are you using?

Please check here again in a couple of days for the completed WAD. Opinions, suggestions and bug reporting please.

well, in the dark cave... I think you need raise the light number a bit (it is TOO dark). I have check it in a map editor, it is 75, try set it up to 96-104. Well... it is okay map for your first one... :)
If you wanna test mine, search for aminesii.zip on idgames ftp or http://www.doomsearch.com

Torn said:

click the monsters and take of the deaf tag... :)
what editor are you using?

well, in the dark cave... I think you need raise the light number a bit (it is TOO dark). I have check it in a map editor, it is 75, try set it up to 96-104. Well... it is okay map for your first one... :)
If you wanna test mine, search for aminesii.zip on idgames ftp or http://www.doomsearch.com

I tried taking off the deaf tag but still they just stared at me..
I'll double check, sometimes i do things and forget to save them before i test the level :/

P.S. Im using winDEU 5.99b1

thanks for the feedback to those who replied.

and thanks for suggesting DeepSea, I just installed it and it looks very useful, just messing around with it atm.
edit: Just a shame it's shareware and I cant work on a decent sized map. *deletes*

hmm people trying to download this file for the past 2 days dont seem to be getting through the authentication...

dunno why but there you go, computers are wierd, so i'll shut down the ftp and check back to this thread tommorrow or the following day for the completed map which will be on a mirror.