Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Smara1453

The classic Multiplayer is missing from Doom Eternal.

2 hours ago, Edward850 said:

They need to take notes from a program that is literally just a master server browser? Why?

I'm simply talking about the way the multiplayer works, not the servers themselves.

18 hours ago, CBM said:

the graphics are great on a GTX 1080 and above..  but the cutscenes are excessive, shooting and killing monsters looks idiotic, you are constantly locked in with monsters and the level design makes zero sense

The majority of Doom 2016's cutscenes last last than 2 minutes at most... so its not excessive at all

18 hours ago, CBM said:

shooting and killing monsters looks idiotic

This makes no sense. Ever heard of Fatalities? that's a thing that existed in Mortal Kombat, you are probably to young to remember that game lol

18 hours ago, CBM said:

you are constantly locked in with monsters

I admit, this is one of Doom 2016's weak points. i agree

18 hours ago, CBM said:

the level design makes zero sense

Because Doom 2's monster condo totaly makes sense...

2 hours ago, jazzmaster9 said:

The majority of Doom 2016's cutscenes last last than 2 minutes at most... so its not excessive at all

This makes no sense. Ever heard of Fatalities? that's a thing that existed in Mortal Kombat, you are probably to young to remember that game lol

I admit, this is one of Doom 2016's weak points. i agree

Because Doom 2's monster condo totaly makes sense...

nono.. I am an old fart that played mortal kombat even back in the Amiga days (late 90s)

But it is not the "fatalities" I object against (I would NOT like some of the variations like animality, babality or Friendship since they would fit very badly with doom), I mean... something similar can be done using brutal doom... what I don't like is that some of the monsters have this blue glow when they are hit and it totally destroys the immersion for me

same with the items... why do they have to be all blue and glow blue?

Edited by CBM

6 minutes ago, CBM said:

what I don't like is that all the monsters have this blue glow when they are hit and it totally destroys the immersion for me

Then turn it off.

^ Basically.

Iirc in D2016 you could turn most HUD elements, highlights, and the HUD itself off. You also weren't forced to perform glory kills either.

E: Search the in-game options.

Someone made a mod to disable the glow for pick-ups and objects that you interact with (besides monsters) but you would have to turn on dev mode to make it work. IMO the game looks better without it, gives the spilled blood on the floor the chance to really pop and pickups and terminals...etc are still easy to spot with the emissive lights on their sides.

EDIT: Here it is.

Edited by sluggard

48 minutes ago, CBM said:

where/how?

Click the link and all your dreams will come true. ;) 

22 hours ago, CBM said:

doom 2016 was ... well... the graphics are great on a GTX 1080 and above..

Not even. Mid-range PC user with a 1060 here. Best looking game I've played.

14 hours ago, Novaseer said:

Ugh...i suppose that is midrange for new games nowadays lol. I'm a little behind in tech. I'd love to have that card or above (as well as a whole new setup). Anyways, i played Doom 2016 with a 4GB GTX 960 earlier this year and i thought it looked great. Of course i don't play too many new games so...

18 minutes ago, CyberDreams said:

Ugh...i suppose that is midrange for new games nowadays lol.

A setup with a 1060 + an i5 or something + 8gb RAM would probably cost about as much as a modern console. Mine's a fair bit more, but that's because the other components in my PC are higher spec (9th gen i7 and 16gb RAM, so I probably lied a bit when I said mid-range but the GPU is mid-range and my build isn't exactly top-shelf anyway) although I didn't have those higher spec extras when playing '2016 for the first time (hell, my processor back then was actually shit)

21 hours ago, CBM said:

what I don't like is that some of the monsters have this blue glow when they are hit and it totally destroys the immersion for me

same with the items... why do they have to be all blue and glow blue?

Sounds more like personal nitpicks than Valid arguments as to why Doom 2016 is "not doom"

I mean if you Hate immersion breaking then Doom is probably not for you to begin with.

On 10/29/2019 at 9:06 AM, tempdecal.wad said:

Someone made a mod to disable the glow for pick-ups and objects that you interact with, but you would have to turn on dev mode to make it work. IMO the game looks better without the glow, gives the spilled blood on the floor the chance to really pop and pickups and other objects that you interact with are still easy to spot with the emissive lights on their sides.

EDIT: Here it is.

thanks for the link :D

On 10/29/2019 at 9:46 AM, Edward850 said:

Click the link and all your dreams will come true. ;) 

LOL :)

7 hours ago, jazzmaster9 said:

Sounds more like personal nitpicks than Valid arguments as to why Doom 2016 is "not doom"

I mean if you Hate immersion breaking then Doom is probably not for you to begin with.

Well.. Immersion in this case is more a question about immersion in relation to doom vs immersion in relation to something like quake 3 arena for example... quake 3 was a good game but quite different from quake 1 and quake 2

On 10/29/2019 at 8:58 AM, seed said:

^ Basically.

Iirc in D2016 you could turn most HUD elements, highlights, and the HUD itself off. You also weren't forced to perform glory kills either.

E: Search the in-game options.

will do

On 10/29/2019 at 10:26 AM, Novaseer said:

well yes ok, it runs just fine also on my ryzen 3 2200G APU if I make some tradeoffs, but it looks better on my PC from 2016 that has the GTX1080, this was also the first machine that I tried Doom 2016 on that same year.

Something i think is also underrated in 2016's MP is some of the skins.

Besides the Night Sentinel armor, the UAC security guards in Eternal and the VFR protagonist, there was this category of "flesh/demonic meets metal" and cultist armor.

Specially the ones in Bloodfall and Hell Followed.

https://doomwiki.org/wiki/Multiplayer_armor

Doom_2016_MP_Armor_Evil_Cultist.jpg

Doom_2016_MP_Armor_Cyberdemonic.jpg

These could have been either enemies or characters in a single player.

Also https://www.artstation.com/artwork/GVqr3

DOOM_DLC3_CultistArmor_730x361.png

The skins and stuff in D16 were cool, but I thought the entire customization thing was gutted by the whole "red vs blue" team play and the lack of a normal FFA, where distinguishable color schemes and armor patterns would have actually made sense. Snap map MP allowed for that, but the customization was separate and didn't carry over. 

Also that customizations reset they introduced after a while was a joke, too (I didn't read the prompt too closely when it gave me the option to reset, so now I'm just kinda sour on it). Not that it mattered, since I think in the FFA you were still red or blue, with your custom colors only appearing in those win screens. 

On 11/17/2019 at 12:38 AM, Clonehunter said:

The skins and stuff in D16 were cool, but I thought the entire customization thing was gutted by the whole "red vs blue" team play and the lack of a normal FFA, where distinguishable color schemes and armor patterns would have actually made sense. Snap map MP allowed for that, but the customization was separate and didn't carry over. 

Also that customizations reset they introduced after a while was a joke, too (I didn't read the prompt too closely when it gave me the option to reset, so now I'm just kinda sour on it). Not that it mattered, since I think in the FFA you were still red or blue, with your custom colors only appearing in those win screens. 

No you do you keep your normal color scheme in FFA deathmatch. The problem is, almost nobody plays that mode. The queue for free-for-all modes is empty most of the time. Everybody only wants to play team modes, which is lame.

Your colour schemes were used in the podium finishes and the killed by screen in team gamemodes as well as the lobby, whilst not entirely unused they were relatively glanced over.

What I think they should have done was just add a red outline around hostile players and blue over allied players, that way your customisation would be more intact. 

I must also praise the Cutist, Cyber-Demonic and Robotic armour sets, they were without a doubt some of the best armour I have ever seen.

Honestly nothing of value was lost with the multiplayer being removed. Unless they implement some classic homage to FFA or DM but those times are long past.

On 10/29/2019 at 3:54 AM, Edward850 said:

I know this was said about a month ago, but this shit is annoying. Yes... you can turn off the stupid glow, but that does not disable the feature they very CLEARLY want players to use ALL the time. If the glory kills were optional, it would be something you could disable entirely in the options, but guess what? That isn’t possible because it is NOT an option. It is a FEATURE. The enemies still stagger around waiting for you to “execute” them, no matter if you turn off the glow or not. Don’t even bother saying “don’t do the glory kills then if you don’t like it” because like I said, if it were something they designed to be optional, IT WOULD BE CAPABLE OF BEING DISABLED. That is why it is a feature. A FEATURE. You don’t get the extra items the enemies drop without doing these moves. It is meant to be a feature because it rewards the player. Disabling the glow just makes it look less stupid than it does without the glow. 

It would be nice to turn off the stagger as well.  The enemies gain invulnerability and you just end up wasting bullets.

6 hours ago, tsunstealer said:

I know this was said about a month ago, but this shit is annoying. Yes... you can turn off the stupid glow, but that does not disable the feature they very CLEARLY want players to use ALL the time. If the glory kills were optional, it would be something you could disable entirely in the options, but guess what? That isn’t possible because it is NOT an option. It is a FEATURE. The enemies still stagger around waiting for you to “execute” them, no matter if you turn off the glow or not. Don’t even bother saying “don’t do the glory kills then if you don’t like it” because like I said, if it were something they designed to be optional, IT WOULD BE CAPABLE OF BEING DISABLED. That is why it is a feature. A FEATURE. You don’t get the extra items the enemies drop without doing these moves. It is meant to be a feature because it rewards the player. Disabling the glow just makes it look less stupid than it does without the glow. 

While I don't think one can avoid doing glory kills entirely, I do think it's possible to make less use of them than the game allows you to. At least then it's easily solved if you think that the glory kills make the game too easy.

4 hours ago, Zemini said:

It would be nice to turn off the stagger as well.  The enemies gain invulnerability and you just end up wasting bullets.

No. They (seemingly) gain some resistance, but they aren't invulnerable. They can straight up be killed without even entering that state, even.

3 minutes ago, Super Mighty G said:

This is an invalid criticism when talking about a Doom game. 

I just dont like the whole... You are locked in a single room untill you kill the monsters thing

Also the lack of cheat codes

2 minutes ago, CBM said:

I just dont like the whole... You are locked in a single room untill you kill the monsters thing

Also the lack of cheat codes

That's fine, however that has nothing to do with the level design making sense. So you should distinguish what you are really talking about.

Also I have news for you, Doom 2016 DOES have cheat codes. 

3 minutes ago, Super Mighty G said:

That's fine, however that has nothing to do with the level design making sense. So you should distinguish what you are really talking about.

Also I have news for you, Doom 2016 DOES have cheat codes. 

Okay then...

Yes god mode... One cheat code... One

On 11/21/2019 at 12:16 AM, tsunstealer said:

Don’t even bother saying “don’t do the glory kills then if you don’t like it” because like I said, if it were something they designed to be optional, IT WOULD BE CAPABLE OF BEING DISABLED.

How dare these incompetent devs put a feature i don't like...

I mean if a feature really bothers you that much, then... don't use it. I don't like using Laser Gun in Doom 64 with the Demon keys due to how OP it is, but instead of crying about it I just decided that the plasma gun fills the same role well enough even if it is a handicap, especially with the final boss.

On 11/22/2019 at 2:51 AM, CBM said:

cvarAdd g_permaInfiniteAmmo 1 - Unlimited Ammo

DebugUnlockPerkByAbility -1 - Unlock perks

DebugUnlockPerkByRequirement -1 - Unlock perks 2

has never worked for me in doom 2016... only the "god" cheat

Just because you can't get them to work, does not mean they dont exist...

Edited by jazzmaster9

10 minutes ago, jazzmaster9 said:

How dare these incompetent devs put a feature i don't like...

I mean if a feature really bothers you that much, then... don't use it. I don't like using Laser Gun in Doom 64 with the Demon keys due to how OP it is, but instead of crying about it I just decided that the plasma gun fills the same role well enough even if it is a handicap, especially with the final boss.

Just because you can't get them to work, does not mean they dont exist...

yes well, I think my beef with it is that I did not like some aspects of it, but ofc that doesn't mean that other can't enjoy it

I am very hyped for ethernal though, the weapons alone are awesome... and the new sword looks sick