Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sephiroth

i like it insane

what 2 books/stories do u think of when someone says "acid trip". well 2 i know of, 'Alice in wonderland' and 'the wizard of oz' yea i am sure there are many others.
anyway they made a twisted game from Alice i would really like to see a twisted game of the wizard of oz. I mean the wiard of oz is already nuts, why not make it twisted, ball smashing insane? I would like to see an insanly evil and ass kicking tin man and scarecrow. oh and evil flying monkeys. however would it go the route of alice, after the original, or be an insane remake of the original?

I haven't actually read the Doom books. I saw them once somewhere but never got around to buying them. I might one of these days. Unless you're saying they suck? =P

Oh, and on topic. Acid trip stories or movies, uh... Well, I can't think of any that are just full of weird elements, but the people that write MST3K are bound to be on something.

By the way, ravage, neat avatar.

Has anyone here tested the "Wizard of Oz/Dark Side of the Moon" theory? The one where you play the Pink Floyd album over the the muted movie?

Much of my manga collection is "acid trip" quality.

I used to have all four Doom books. I loved the first one. I still have the tendancy to call the Doomguy "Flynn" at times.

Anyway, acid trip books or stories...I usually don't read books, but I think that Serial Experiments Lain would be a good 'acid trip' story. My second vote would go to "Godzilla vs. The Smog Monster".

A really bad acid trip movie would definetely be Jacobs Ladder. I cant think of abything bookwise.
I only own the first DooM book, and it does suck, but I stil love it.

People on IRC, esp. #zdoom, will know about my mushroom trip I did on thanksgiving Didn't read any books, but I listened to Pink Floyd's "The Wall".

I hear James Joyce is good reading for acid and shroom trips, though.

IMJack said:

Has anyone here tested the "Wizard of Oz/Dark Side of the Moon" theory? The one where you play the Pink Floyd album over the the muted movie?

We tried that a few years back. It did seem suspiciously accurate...

IMJack said:

Oh my God, dude, I read an article on that, it was pretty friggin' cool.

IMJack said:

Umm no, but I did learn something about the original Wizard of Oz though. Look behind where the munchkins ar at the yellow brick road. Tell me what's hung on a tree branch in the back. Porr little guy, musta hated being a munchking. Funny as hell. >:)

Sephiroth said:

anyway they made a twisted game from Alice i would really like to see a twisted game of the wizard of oz.

American McGee and co are working on an Oz game as a sequel (of sorts) to Alice :)

Sephiroth said:

sweet, wonder if it wil use the quake3 engine like alice or if Mr. Mcgee will make one from sctratch

Perhaps it'll use the Doom 3 engine... ;)

I think of the electric kool-aid acid test book and 2001 a space odessey....watch the end part, jupiter and beyond, synched with Echoes...brilliant. anyway, acid isn't too much fun (trips are too damn long) go with mushrooms instead

Sephiroth said:

what 2 books/stories do u think of when someone says "acid trip".

Well, I've got a book called The Acid Trip, so it makes me think of that, oddly enough.

I just reinstalled Alice again last night. Awesome game. I can't wait for Oz. American McGee rocks.