Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
netnomad312

Need sound/graphic editors for Doom 2... suggestions please?

Hello. I'm new here, but not new to the game. I finally found a good level editor recently, and I have a music embedding utility as well. Now, I need a graphics utility and a sound utility.

Graphics and sound editing isn't as big a thing for me as music editing, but eventually I think I'll be needing these tools. Unfortunately, I haven't found what I want yet, and I'm getting tired of looking... so I figured I'd ask you fellow editors for help.

What I'm looking for are simple programs (I don't care how simple), which can embed a picture file or a .wav file into any PWAD, for Doom 2. I've found ones which work for Doom 1, but it won't find the entries I specify in any of my Doom 2 wads. Also, I don't know which "sound number" refers to which sound... does anyone have a list?

DOOM Anomaly said:

Wintex 4.3

Heh, it's up to 4.7 now. Not that there's any real difference - all the old bugs are still there ;)

From what I saw, those things are sound, graphics, and music wad editors. Which means I'd have to save a whole other wad for the extras and then merge it somehow with the level wad. Right?

What I use for my Doom 2 music is a program called MUSTOOL. It's the Doom 2 version of DMMUS. It's a little DOS program which will put a .mus file into my wad. I was looking for a similar program to do .wav files and one for graphics.

NiGHTMARE said:

Heh, it's up to 4.7 now. Not that there's any real difference - all the old bugs are still there ;)

Really? dude haha, I'm a bit slow on things, sorry bout that though.