Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Captain Red

Wolfenstein.

I am still chipping away at the Wolfenstein TC I’ve been working on, and I need a bit of help...

Firstly, what would you like to see in a Wolfenstein TC? Any suggestions? Questions? Comments? (it’s for Zdoom BTW)

Secondly, Now I know asking for mappers almost never works, but if you know a bit about zdoom mapping, I would really appreciate it if you dropped me a line.

And finally, is there a way I could extract the Mac Wolfenstein 3D graphics without a Mac? Or maybe there they can be downloaded from somewhere? I’m after the weapon sprites in particular. (On the floor and in your hand), as well as the AOD boss (it’s based on Spear of Destiny).

What I plan as features:

It’s a retelling of the Spear of Destiny.

It will (hopefully) take advantage of Zdoom’s mapping features

It will involve the undead, with quake style zombies (must be gibbed to be killed)

Flame thrower nazis (that explode on death SOF style >:D)

You can set your enemies on fire! (still under development, but it should be possible...)

Weapons include luger, mp40, chaingun, bazooka and grenades (don’t worry, they wont just be the doom weapons with new sprites.)

Should be a blend of Wolfenstein 3D and Return to Castle Wolfenstein. With a bit of Rise of the Triad and Medal of honour thrown in.

A DECENT FINAL BOSS.

GOOD Dehacked/Bex use.

Most importantly of all, FUN OVER REALISM! (so expect some interesting weapons/enemies :))

Thanks for your support. Feel free to email me: Ct_red_pants@hotmail.com

I don't have any ZDoom mapping experience, just regular old vanilla. I've made a couple Legacy things just to play with the water and 3D floors, and I made a dome ceiling room with skylights in ZDoom, but that's about the extent of it.

Sorry, I'd help if I could.

You saw Grind2, right? That's me. I could probably learn ZDoom stuff if you were really in a bind for mappers, but I'm sure there are a lot of experienced people out there willing to help.

Ct_red_pants said:

as well as the AOD boss (it’s based on Spear of Destiny).

MacWolf doesn't have the AoD as far as I can tell. However, I'll see if I can't find you a MacWolf-style AOD (It'll look a bit like a Doom Demon however)

Ok... I have a very basic demo in the works, (it will be more like a test area in the works) and if I don’t have it ready be the end of the week, bug me... It’s the only way I’ll learn...

You know, what I'd really like is a partial conversion where you get to blast Wolf3d enemies with Doom weapons.

Doom 2 had only the SS guys, but I'd like to try and bag brown pistol guards, officers, mutants, Hans Grosse and all the other bosses with the standard Doom weaponry.

Ct_red_pants said:

Play wolfendoom. all the weapons are pretty much the doom weapons with new sprites.

Funny, I already played WolfenDoom and...I disagree with you, whee!

Yeah, the pistol and chaingun are the same, but the shotgun (machinegun) has been given a faster firing rate and seems weaker than in Doom (you can't blow an SS away with one shot in it like you could in map 31 and 32 in Doom 2), furthermore, they implemented something in the game so that you can't use the other Doom weapons (at least not the version I tried), plus they made it so that you couldn't use the strafe left and the strafe right keys (to make it feel like Wolfenstein 3d).

What I'm talking about, is like a megawad with Wolf-themed maps (using predominantly Wolf3d textures, but with stairs, raised platforms etc.), Doom weapons + ammo, Doom powerups and armour lying about in the levels, and then using the same SS guys that were used in Doom 2 and base the other Wolf3d enemies around those. Imo it could be fun to fight "small" nazis and Nazi mutants with all the hardware normally available to you.

Oh yeah, and in WolfenDoom, they made some of the enemies work in a way so that they didn't fight you with exactly the same attacks that they had in Wolf3d:
The mutants fired imp fireballs at you - they should shoot you dammit - maybe with a shotgun blast or, if possible, with a semi rapid fire attack.
The Hitler Ghosts fired plasma balls - nothing wrong with that really, but at least they could've used the Wolf3d flame ball sprites and altered the sounds.
Hans Grosse: Don't quite remember what he fired except that it wasn't a hit scan attack. If possible, this should be a spider mastermind chaingun attack that he should have.

dsm said:
Yeah, the pistol and chaingun are the same, but the shotgun (machinegun) has been given a faster firing rate and seems weaker than in Doom (you can't blow an SS away with one shot in it like you could in map 31 and 32 in Doom 2), furthermore, they implemented something in the game so that you can't use the other Doom weapons (at least not the version I tried), plus they made it so that you couldn't use the strafe left and the strafe right keys (to make it feel like Wolfenstein 3d).

The weapons weren’t weaker, the monsters where stronger, which in my mind makes no sense.

In Wolfenstein, 1-2 shot at close range with your pistol would bring down the brown guards, yet in wolfendoom it took around 7 and it made them an absolute pain in the arse to kill. The SS guards took only 4-5 pistol shots but now they take around 20 and their machine guns made the chaingun completely redundant. IMO didn’t play much like Wolfenstein at all, nor was it fun. I know that this was early Dehacked, pre-source port times, but E-gad, all he did was give the doom monsters more hit points and wolf sprites. What’s the point? The only thing it had in common with Wolfenstein was it’s graphics. You might as well just release it as a vanilla doom wad with wolf maps.
NOTE: This rant isn’t directed at you dsm, I’m just blowing off some steem.

Err yeah...

dsm also said:
What I'm talking about, is like a megawad with Wolf-themed maps (using predominantly Wolf3d textures, but with stairs, raised platforms etc.), Doom weapons + ammo, Doom powerups and armour lying about in the levels, and then using the same SS guys that were used in Doom 2 and base the other Wolf3d enemies around those. Imo it could be fun to fight "small" nazis and Nazi mutants with all the hardware normally available to you.

well... maybe as a seprate project... bug me after get this mod out.