Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Man of Doom

Legacy Mod (now with the ability to make corpses last!)

The post above demonstrates pretty much what this mod does. I wouldn't really be posting this otherwise, if it weren't for one major caveat:

This apparently now has the ability for the user to make demon corpses (specifically gibs) stay in the game world.

I found this comment both on another thread at r/Doom2016Mods and in the comment section for that one video I showed where a bunch of Barons got chainsawed and yet their corpses remained:

The following requires Legacy Mod for v6.67

These are the commands I use with good results but as stated, a body will still burn if it isnt gibbed in some way and even so, the main torso part may still burn away?! I know theres a setting in there somewhere to fully stop this but I havent found it as of this writing.

Most Gibs Stay. Chainsawed Enemies Stay.

Gore_NeverFadeAndRemove 1 Breakable_NofadeAndRemove 1 (exploded barrels etc will stay) dp_DeadRemoveDemonTime 50000000000 ai_MaxCorpses 1000 Corpse_OptimizationStartTime 5000000000 CorpseManager_MaxEntities 200 Gore_MaxLivingGoreEnts 1000 Af_ShowBodies 1

Corpse_UseEntityPool 0 G_EntityPoolMode 0

If anyone is able to give this a try, please post the results. We could finally have a Nitro Gore mod for Doom 2016.

EDIT: The reason I'm not able to try this myself is because while I technically have D2016 on Steam, not even my laptop has the horsepower to run it on minimum settings.

On 1/23/2018 at 2:53 PM, Man of Doom said:

The post above demonstrates pretty much what this mod does. I wouldn't really be posting this otherwise, if it weren't for one major caveat:

This apparently now has the ability for the user to make demon corpses (specifically gibs) stay in the game world.

I found this comment both on another thread at r/Doom2016Mods and in the comment section for that one video I showed where a bunch of Barons got chainsawed and yet their corpses remained:

If anyone is able to give this a try, please post the results. We could finally have a Nitro Gore mod for Doom 2016.

EDIT: The reason I'm not able to try this myself is because while I technically have D2016 on Steam, not even my laptop has the horsepower to run it on minimum settings.

I'll give it a try, I know its late but you know.

Hi all, dev of LegacyMod here, just updated it earlier to work with the latest DOOM 2016 update.

Noticed this thread is the first result for "doom legacy mod" on google, so figured I probably should post about it here :)

This is a small mod for DOOM 2016 that readds all the hidden console commands & cvars in the game, without needing to be in any kind of "developer mode"!
(boosting the number of usable commands & cvars from 39&170 to 290&6592!!)

It also reimplements the following commands, which were almost completely stripped from the game:
- noclip
- infiniteHealth
- noPlayerDeath
- noPlayerKill
- noTarget

DLM v201901 is built to work with the latest DOOM 2016 update as of 18th January 2019, it very likely won't work on any other versions.

Download: http://bit.ly/2QYQlIu

(VirusTotal scan: https://www.virustotal.com/#/file-analysis/Y2RmYTIxNWYwYTdmYWQxNDBmM2ZhZTY0M2I1Mjc0Njk6MTU0Nzg1MjU1OA==)

I haven't really been able to test this on any other machine than my own, so it'd be nice to hear from anyone that tries it.

Also about gibs/corpses, I think I found the right cvars to stop them fading at all, this seems to work fine for me:

Set the following cvars:
  ai_death_FadeDelay 86400000
  breakable_NoFadeAndRemove 1
  gore_neverFadeAndRemove 1

(you can also set the following for some placebo-tier gibbing:)
  dp_deadHideDemonTime 86400000
  dp_deadRemoveDemonTime 86400000
  ai_MaxCorpses 1000
  corpse_optimzationStartTime 86400000
  corpseManager_MaxEntities 200
  gore_maxLivingGoreEnts 1000
  corpse_useEntityPool 0
  g_entityPoolMode 0

The placebo-tier ones don't really seem to have much effect for me, but I've included them since other people mentioned them working.

Edited by emoose

@emoose

This is from someone over at r/Doom. 

The mod works. And that is good.
But there is also some bad. With one minor issue and one major issue. 

Minor issue is that Mancubus corpses still disappear if not killed with their exploding bubbly sound animation.

Boss corpses don't stay either.

Major issue is that corpses not staying in one area apparently act as necessary triggers for spawners in the next.

For example, I killed all enemies in one area and their corpses and gibs stayed. However the next area has less enemies and when I kill them, no more spawn. This prevents progress.

Only solution I found is loading the last checkpoint when the game saves a checkpoint after clearing an enemy wave or entering the next area.

My guess is that this issue is hardcoded for performance purposes. 

Kind of a weird update, but someone in a Youtube comments section of a certain video appears to have figured out how to make corpses last for good, and it's surprisingly simple to do (apparently):

Hey you can all do this just

Open config and change from 0 to 1

corpse_stay 0

(It seems like "corpse_stay 0" is the default value)

I have yet to find this config file, though I have yet to have the full PC version of D2016. (or maybe it's something you type in the console)

If this turns out to work, then feel free to let me know!

And here's the video in question:

I will try this for sure, I wanted to re-visit d2016 anyway, since I was made aware that the aura thing could be disabled also. If only something could be done to make the pickups prettier and monster drops prettier plus levels that are more like the levels in Doom 3 or Doom ethernal, then D2016 could end up as a decent game.