Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Job

Forums

I like the bells and whistles at Doomworld but I think that the atmosphere at the newdoom forums are more relaxed. You people have any different opinions or forums you like?

Well, I found doomworld first hence I post here. I guess if I’d found the newdoom forums first I’d post there.

And I’d say there forums are pretty relaxed, ‘cept maybe the doom 3/technical forums but that’s a given.
This place has reasonable policies, and reasonable moderators. Provided your not a pain in the arse, you usually do pretty well here.

I haven’t been to the newdoom forums very often. So meh.

the newdoom forums may well be more relaxed, but then ours are immeasureably better. Besides who cares? If you like a forum, post on it, if not leave it be.

I can't really say we're better...wait, yes I can. We're better because all the stupid shit is disabled, like having 50 pictures in your sig and having a 70x70 avatar and having blinking text and being able to put an assload of 1024x786 pictures in a post, that kind of crap. With this stuff disabled, plus our professional staff, we can ensure a wonderful Goddamn forum stay.

BigBadGangsta said:

With this stuff disabled, plus our professional staff, we can ensure a wonderful Goddamn forum stay.

It's Doomworld.com, not Fawlty Towers ;)

DOOM Anomaly said:

Me loveith here. :D

Yes, the only place you haven't been kicked out of yet. :P

Face it, freaks:

Doomworld is a sub-divided, pain-wracked, schizophrenic, self-serving, epileptic, sado-masochist haven for the divinely warped.

And I love each and every one of your bitter, thrice-damned souls.

IMJack faces the cold hard truth!

I don't know about the NewDoom forums. I've only been there about 5 times. But I would say that community and friendiness of atmosphere matters foremost, details such as smilies/avatars/signatures are secondary.

Every time I go to Newdoom.com I find their discussions strangely boring. Either that or the topics are downright retarded (I remember once that the majority there wanted id to go back to sprites in Doom 3 <-- w...t...f!?).

Doomcenter was once an ok place, but it has now turned into an even more retarded place than any other forum I've looked at :-(

I like it here somehow, it seems like the most complete forum, plus many funny situations occur here (the legendary first appearance of username will forever stay in my mind).

ravage said:

Yes, the only place you haven't been kicked out of yet. :P

Just give me;

• some time
  • the usual DA BS
et voila.

I've only been to Newdoom like once in my life and I hated their forum setup. I prefer restrictions on the use of images (especially when it comes to sigs). If Doomworld allowed images in sigs, I probably wouldnt have joined here either.

I had a hard time seeing anything on the Newdoom forums. The color scheme sucks ass.

Disorder said:

Doomcenter.com has done a tremendous facelift a while ago.
I liked it a lot better before all of this.

Before all of what? The forums were retarded long before the redesign, which was only done 19 days ago.

But if you're talking about the overall design, I'd have to say you're in the minority as far as general opinions are concerned. Pretty much everyone I've heard speak about it loves the new design.

pritch said:

Just give me;

• some time
  • the usual DA BS
et voila.

w3rd.

I once posted at Newdoom, as a joke, and in a very railgunner-like manner asked if my 386 would run Doom III. A member replied with semi-detailed instructions on upgrading this old non-existant 386. It ruined my fun, it was that sad.