Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Boomslang

open world-esque doom wads

just any doom wad that has an "open world" kinda feel to it.

i remember seeing a doom map that was a big recreation of Manhattan, and i was wondering if there's any maps that have an open world kinda feel to it.

7 minutes ago, Boomslang said:

hey what's with lost civilization? why are there multiple  wads and an exe file?

What? Lost Civilization is Boom compatible, so I'm assuming you mean Eternal Doom. It is Vanilla-compatible / has many new graphical stuff -> needs a special way of running on DOS, hence the .exe file and lots of files. You only need ETERNALL.WAD in that pack, though.

Just now, TheNoob_Gamer said:

What? Lost Civilization is Boom compatible, so I'm assuming you mean Eternal Doom. It is Vanilla-compatible / have many new graphic stuff -> needs a special way of running on DOS, hence the .exe file and lots of files. You only need ETERNALL.WAD in that pack, though.

okay thanksies 

Just now, seed said:

Golden Souls series.

already got that!

although i did accidentally overright my GS1 save so i have to replay it.

Junko has super huge non linear levels, they kinda become a slog but the first few maps are definitely worth experiencing imo

the second level especially feels like a big open kinda world.

15 hours ago, kaleb. said:

Junko has super huge non linear levels, they kinda become a slog but the first few maps are definitely worth experiencing imo

the second level especially feels like a big open kinda world.

If anyone plays this with other mods, it's not compatible with Smooth Doom- the weapons are somehow broken. You're supposed to start with no pistol and pick one up at the start, instead you start with the pistol & no ammo. The shotgun doesn't work at all, picking them up from sarges gives you the ammo but no weapon that can be selected. Stick to vanilla on this one.

On topic, this one is a large single map adaptation of Metroid that's fairly solid, based mostly on the NES original with some later elements(unrelated to Metroid Dreadnought) that can take 3-4 hours to beat.