Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CBTC

Having Zscript actors show up on GZDB (Bugfix) R3097

Question

Hello, as the title has said, how do I achieve this? I have followed the following threads:

https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=123&t=59994

And from my understanding, you need to use the bugfix version of gzdb, assign a number to the zscript actor in DoomEdNums in MAPINFO, and include gzdoom.pk3 as a resource file during "Add Resource" when starting a new map on GZDB(Bugfix), and tick "Exclude this resource from testing parameters".

I have done this but for some reason when I need to add the actor, I need to type out it's Type in Things in order to add it in, I can't add it from any folder in Things. When I do add it in the editor it shows up as a white question mark ball on the map, which will be difficult to add things since I can't see what I am adding if the amount of actors keep increasing.

But when I then run the map the intended thing does show up with all its properties in game, but I can't tell what actor I am referencing in gzdb during editing.

Here is a short editing process so far:

In SLADE:

Spoiler

mapinfo.PNG.0bab96add9aa37b49696e7053fc5c936.PNG

zscitp.PNG.a40b9467731261741a5b014000b49d8a.PNG

Adding this pk3 file as a resource in GZDB:

Spoiler

exclue.PNG.22a1caaf767d3813376e6188239a4dfb.PNG

skell.PNG.e7e96adc92751b3bd0348bfab3b2f4c4.PNG

resource.PNG.12348e0f7439637c2c05121bf65cbb05.PNG

I'll appreciate any help given.

7 answers to this question

56 minutes ago, GBTS said:

The steps I described, were they right?

I just dragged the lumps MAPINFO and ZSCRIPT into a new pwad with Slade3.

56 minutes ago, GBTS said:

What would be the right gzdoom.pk3? I think I probably got it from an older version of gzdoom (at work right now so I can't confirm).
So I should be getting the most recent version of gzdoom then getting the gzdoom.pk3?

Each new version of GZDoom comes with its own gzdoom.pk3.

Do not mix and match a gzdoom.pk3 from another version of GZDoom because of possible conflicts.

Hmm. What kind of map format are you using? I remember I had trouble with this until I went to UDMF.

Uploading the files that you're using might help as well, so others can take a look!

Works for me, too:

grafik.png.f01fc57751801a8afe33e6a183ed6700.png

Are you sure you're using a right gzdoom.pk3? It needs to have the ZScript code, so maybe you're loading an older version of it?

The steps I described, were they right?
What would be the right gzdoom.pk3? I think I probably got it from an older version of gzdoom (at work right now so I can't confirm).
So I should be getting the most recent version of gzdoom then getting the gzdoom.pk3?

3 hours ago, Kappes Buur said:

I just dragged the lumps MAPINFO and ZSCRIPT into a new pwad with Slade3.

Each new version of GZDoom comes with its own gzdoom.pk3.

Do not mix and match a gzdoom.pk3 from another version of GZDoom because of possible conflicts.

I'm home now and I took a gzdoom.pk3 from the same place where I would test run the game.
That did it! Thank you so much everyone for your help!