Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sgt. Sleepy

GZDoom Builder Cursor Not Locked in Visual Mode

Question

Recently I've wanted to get back into making Doom maps using GZDoom Builder, however I have an issue thats very annoying to deal with.

When I go into visual mode my mouse cursor isn't locked to the center like its supposed to be. I found a forum thread from 2016 that can be read here that offered up two fixes for this issue and neither of them worked for me. I've even tried installing Doom Builder X to see if I had the same issue with that and I did. I've even tried reinstalling GZDoom Builder to see if that fixed anything and it didn't.

I'd really appreciate it if anyone could offer up a way to fix this, I really want to start mapping again and this makes it an absolute drag. 

8 answers to this question

Just now, Marlamir said:

Do you have some problems with mouse in other software/games or not?

Nope, I don't have cursor problems with anything else on my computer.

I have some troubleshooting hints in my editor tutorial, maybe it can provide a solution to your problem.

Off-hand I suspect that the problem is caused by SlimDX, either not being installed or a wrong version or corrupted file.

26 minutes ago, Kappes Buur said:

I have some troubleshooting hints in my editor tutorial, maybe it can provide a solution to your problem.

Off-hand I suspect that the problem is caused by SlimDX, either not being installed or a wrong version or corrupted file.

I reinstalled SlimDX and I'm still having the same problem. I'm starting to think I might have to switch over to Slade 3's map editor because I don't have any problems with that. Thanks for your help though, I really appreciate it.

Had no idea how should i help but how big chance is that some files that are needed to run gzdb properly are corrupted? (net framework etc).

10 hours ago, Sgt. Sleepy said:

Recently I've wanted to get back into making Doom maps using GZDoom Builder, ....

If you did not use the editor for some time before this new installation, you may still have an old GZBuilder.cfg on your computer. Sometimes that config file can become quite large, burdened with stuff which is no longer needed. Delete it and let the editor generate a new config file.

Also, have look at the logfile GZBuilder.log for anything suspicious.