Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NiGHTMARE

The latest speedmapping wad is released!

This week it was a bit special. The theme was Doom episode 4, but after everyone was finished, it was my job to paste them all together into one level. Of course there were various rules to help me to do this, and you can read them on the speedmapping page

The final wad is pretty good considering there was no co-ordination between the various people taking part. All the areas fit together reasonably well, and the gameplay isn't bad either, although the second to last area is a LOT harder than the last area ;)

"They Shall Come With Speed" (the name is taken from Isiah 5:26 in King James' bible) can be downloaded here.

heh... I made the final part... I misunderstand it... so i used the original doom monsters... :)

I hope you all will like it... :)

Well, out of 135 enemies in the entire level, only 22 are Doom 2 ones, so don't feel too bad about it :)

NiGHTMARE said:

Well, out of 135 enemies in the entire level, only 22 are Doom 2 ones, so don't feel too bad about it :)

Heh, 13 (I think) of them are in my part :P

Yeah, I enjoyed it too. The map hangs together surprisingly well considering it had a lot of contributors and it was done in a short time. I guess everyone had a pretty clear idea what the theme meant. The fact that it is playable from start to finish with the weapons and items provided is good too and again quite an achievement for the authors in 100 minutes when you didn't know what the rest of the map was going to be like.

Well done to all concerned.

Hmm, won't let me download it. Anyway speedmapping looks enjoyable. I should try it someday.. (hehe, if I ever remember to)

its funny how most of the map looks detailed and compact, then you get to my area which is two big squares and a corridor :P

Yep it plays pretty well and is good considering the conditions of construction. I particularly liked the 'pit' section but well done all concerned.
I was travelling so couldn't participate but I'll be there next time.