Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Arbys550

Cribs' Revenge - Short But Brutal Slaughtermap

This is a boom-compatible, short, brutal map that I whipped up in the span of about 5 hours or so. It has been tested by myself with PrBoom+ using complevel 9. Originally this was only intended for me and my friends to play on co-op but it turned out pretty well so I decided to post this here. I tried to make the fights as hard as I could possibly make them and still be able to beat it. It should give experienced players a hell of a challenge.

Iwad: Doom2

Single-player: yes

Co-op: yes

Deathmatch: yes

Tested with: PrBoom+ cl9, Zandronum

Difficulty settings: UV only

Maps: map01

Screenshots:

Spoiler

screen1.png.8f40df5ac147c53eac598c9d0c27b2c6.pngscreen2.png.d9fb48ade604c6edf1e5692ff150505d.pngscreen3.png.af5e84e9d58e60bd6785739d047ad9d8.pngscreen4.png.4f139b32097fa00cb1ea3d6b1d064b0e.png

Download:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sowtcke18i5msle/crbvenge.wad?dl=0

Edited by Arbys550 : Added deathmatch

Waaaay too hard for me, fastest death in my life probably :D The music is nice, did you think about making it available for deathmatch? Seems cool for it

1 hour ago, fendor said:

Waaaay too hard for me, fastest death in my life probably :D The music is nice, did you think about making it available for deathmatch? Seems cool for it

Yeah i can do deathmatch i guess. Music is "mystic mansion" from Sonic Heroes.

13 minutes ago, Walter confetti said:

Yeah, I've been wasted by archviles at the very start of the map...

Yeah i didn't hold back. The archviles at start are very cheap but that's the point.

Thanks for playing it!

17 minutes ago, Arbys550 said:

Small update: map is now deathmatch compatible

Cool, will give it a try asap :-)

I love slaughter maps but I'm sorry this is unplayable. The archviles in the start with no where to run is bullshit. Who's the astronaut btw?  I do at least like the architecture of the room. Cheap is not a challenge.

6 hours ago, Dubbagdarrel said:

I love slaughter maps but I'm sorry this is unplayable. The archviles in the start with no where to run is bullshit. Who's the astronaut btw?  I do at least like the architecture of the room. Cheap is not a challenge.

The start is the only cheap part. the rest is all strategy, skill, and some rng. Just run off the starting platform and hide behind one of the pillars before the viles blast you.

Also the astronaut is an inside joke between me and my friends. This was originally only meant to be played by us.

Edited by Arbys550

3 hours ago, Arbys550 said:

The start is the only cheap part. the rest is all strategy, skill, and some rng. Just run off the starting platform and hide behind one of the pillars befor the viles blast you.

Also the astronaut is an inside joke between me and my friends. This was originally only meant to be played by us.

its very very difficult to make to the pillars on time. Almost impossible but maybe it's just me idk.

I had to call it quits on the 3rd wave of ambushes. I just saved with a low amount of health and there was no way I was getting out of it alive. I enjoyed what I played though, very brutal stuff.

1 hour ago, Dubbagdarrel said:

I somehow didn't have a problem with dodging the AVs at the beginning. Follow Arby's suggestion and youll make it.

20 minutes ago, bioshockfan90 said:

I had to call it quits on the 3rd wave of ambushes. I just saved with a low amount of health and there was no way I was getting out of it alive. I enjoyed what I played though, very brutal stuff.

Is that the cybers plus barons? if so, then that was the last fight.

5 hours ago, Arbys550 said:

Is that the cybers plus barons? if so, then that was the last fight.

Yeah. Dunno, maybe if I gave it another go I could probably finish it, I might give it another attempt sometime. Glad to hear I was close at least!