Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Austinado

(***Currently not available*** ) Give me your WADs - I WILL PLAY AND RECORD THEM.

This month i have been working total of nightshifts. I apologize if i am taking to much time recording...at the same time i have been working in my Scourge5 project (2ndmap). This project of mine gonna take some time obviously..trying to do a decent megaWAd to finalize the my "Scourge" series. Hopping to be a fine endind...since this project (Scourge) was my initiation on mapping and my personal evolution.

Ill keep doing the vídeo records at the pace that i can ..and maybe in the future start some streaming as well. Just maybe.

Cheers to you all.

1 minute ago, Austinado said:

This month i have been working total of nightshifts. I apologize if i am taking to much time recording...at the same time i have been working in my Scourge5 project (2ndmap). This project of mine gonna take some time obviously..trying to do a decent megaWAd to finalize the my "Scourge" series. Hopping to be a fine endind...since this project (Scourge) was my initiation on mapping and my personal evolution.

Ill keep doing the vídeo records at the pace that i can ..and maybe in the future start some streaming as well. Just maybe.

Cheers to you all.

Take as much time as you want. If you need a brake than take one. We understand.

4 hours ago, Austinado said:

@CBM

I need a little bit more information, what is the theme of the project? I know its boom format, jumping? Crouching? Overlook? 

Its taking me a bit of time to do it because i have been working on nightshifts..but ill get to it.

Ok but I have a Much Better version of the map now so I Will post that when it is Ready for test 

46 minutes ago, CBM said:

Ok but I have a Much Better version of the map now so I Will post that when it is Ready for test 

Alright then.

46 minutes ago, Austinado said:

Alright then.

I will try to have a test version ready as soon as possible. But I might post it in the thread that contains information about the megawad and then link to that thread from here.

The current work in progress version has seen significant improvements. Particulary in the texture department.

I HAVE A CHALLENGE FOR EVERYONE

BY @superboo07

Download Here

I had this request, and just by curiosity, i looked at the postforum for this WAD. Yeah...in general, most of the forum members did not find this WAD very fair but most of all not fun at all.

I did a little video, of course i did not put all my effort trying to go to the end, mainly because it is what it is, and there is not much more to say about it.

Final Remarks:

- The mapper should do a challenge with an original map.

- A challenge should be...challenging..not practically impossible.

- Fun. We play Doom for fun, and that is always something to keep in mind.

- Not much more to say here, i wish best of luck in new ideas for the mapper.

- Thanks for the request.

-----//-----

ON THEY SLAY

By @Dubbagdarrel

Download Here

At the time i have finished the map, and doing this post, i realized that i forgot to play the fixed version. I am really sorry about that.

Probably all the issues that i have found, are fixed. Not major things.

I have played some previous maps from this mapper, and i can say this is, by far, the best one.

Its kind of final release of his of 2019, and i did enjoyed this pretty much.

Overall, we have a fun playing map with good progression and not bad visuals in comparison of the previous maps that i have played.

Final Remarks:

- So probably all there issues are fixed, but ill do this either way.

- The area below,windows are " oh these are windows" because you cant leave and we discover that when you are inside, but after all they are not actually windows because projectilies can pass through them. So in my opinion, there could be some bars instead of looking like windows but not windows at all. Confused? Yeah my English sucks..i know.

Ab.jpg.347fb34b07d18075c403f245e8385c54.jpg- Good traps, good health/ammo deliver.

- I enjoyed the visuals, great improvement in comparison the other WADs.

- This small issue in the image below

BC.jpg.7b3888f1485a4503ab4365fc5563584d.jpg

- After you pass the portal (Yellow Door), the player cant return to the main area...what if i would like to find the secret that was missing? I think we shoud be able to return.

- Final fight...the only big flaw for me in this map. Never give a Ciberdemon with a large area to spin around him with BFG and enough ammo. It was easy. Instead of one Ciberdemon...give us two...or one Cyberdemon and spawning monsters...just an opinion.

- I enjoyed this, i had fun, and always had the continuous wanting more to go till the end.

- I guess ill be waiting until 2020 what this mapper gonna bring to us.

- Thank you for the request!

-----//-----

Hey man thank you so much for playing On They Slay and telling me about things I forgot or didnt think about. Now I have this one for you if you could some time. It's called "Pot Luck". Enjoy

potluck.zip

POT LUCK

BY @Dubbagdarrel

Download Here

Its not a very large or long map, wich makes think that in my maps i make them very long, but playing smaller maps by others, gives me great of fun. This is a good example of fun, because the areas are not too wide, fighting monsters get some challenge but nothing too hardcore or even hard. Medium is fine and does what its meant to do. I liked it, simple and fun.

Final Remarks:

- At first i thought there was too much health...not much of traps.Progressing, i get to see the amount is correct. At least in my opinion.

- Simple and fun. Sometimes we dont need a complex thing to be good.

- Shotgunning barons/HellKnights can be annoying.

- What else can i say...i died a few times and at the end was craving for more. Maybe the mapper should think about doing a continious project..some maps so we can have some fun.

- More comments in the video.

- Thanks for the request!

-----//-----

On 11/25/2019 at 2:35 AM, Austinado said:

@CBM

I need a little bit more information, what is the theme of the project? I know its boom format, jumping? Crouching? Overlook? 

Its taking me a bit of time to do it because i have been working on nightshifts..but ill get to it.

Please keep in mind that simple.Wad is made with an apparently ancient version of doom builder 2

I discovered GZDoom builder Today and it is... Waaaay better

Any improvements to simple.Wad from now on,  Will be made With GZDoom builder 

Unless I decide to start over in GZDoom builder 

Vale do Desespero.wad 

(It's a MediaFire link. You can ping me if the download link is broken and I'll solve the problem ASAP)

iWAD: DOOM2.wad
Number of maps: Just one.
Size/Duration: Fairly large if you're used to smaller maps. It can take between 19 to 35 minutes to finish depending on the difficulty and your skill (if you go for 100% secrets you might get the higher ball).
Secrets: 10
Recommended difficulty: Ultra Violence, but feel free to choose Hurt me Plenty, it's perfectly playable there too. All items appear in all difficulties, so it will feel kinda weird to have so much ammo and health in HMP.
Port: Use GZDoom. It works flawlessly there. ZDoom has some graphical issues.
Mods: Just play it vanilla. Mouselook, is optional, jumping isn't really useful for anything and neither is crouching.

It's a map I've made from scratch after experimenting with Doom Builder with some oblige generated maps. I learned a lot more than I expected from the experience and I hope to make more maps in the future. If you finish the map it gives you a endgame screen in ZDoom ports (like GZDoom) instead of going to Underhalls from Doom 2.

Screenshot_Doom_20191114_132741.png.ac8deb2f83370677fd97c0f7dbc1bf4b.png

9 hours ago, [Vitz!] said:

Vale do Desespero.wad 

(It's a MediaFire link. You can ping me if the download link is broken and I'll solve the problem ASAP)

iWAD: DOOM2.wad
Number of maps: Just one.
Size/Duration: Fairly large if you're used to smaller maps. It can take between 19 to 35 minutes to finish depending on the difficulty and your skill (if you go for 100% secrets you might get the higher ball).
Secrets: 10
Recommended difficulty: Ultra Violence, but feel free to choose Hurt me Plenty, it's perfectly playable there too. All items appear in all difficulties, so it will feel kinda weird to have so much ammo and health in HMP.
Port: Use GZDoom. It works flawlessly there. ZDoom has some graphical issues.
Mods: Just play it vanilla. Mouselook, is optional, jumping isn't really useful for anything and neither is crouching.

It's a map I've made from scratch after experimenting with Doom Builder with some oblige generated maps. I learned a lot more than I expected from the experience and I hope to make more maps in the future. If you finish the map it gives you a endgame screen in ZDoom ports (like GZDoom) instead of going to Underhalls from Doom 2.

Screenshot_Doom_20191114_132741.png.ac8deb2f83370677fd97c0f7dbc1bf4b.png

Wow i'm not a great fan of super big maps (i know there are maps with almost 30k monsters) so almost 300 monster it's not really a big one , but still bigger than a normal doom map, but i have to say that i really enjoyed this map , its challenging without being impossible ,  i almost got a 100% kills , didn't aimed for 100% secrets (i can say that those 5 secrets found me xD)

mapagrandeD2.png.32b553bd12d5ec4a9ee028feb3ef592d.png

ahh by the way , this map runs on dosbox (using mbf 2.04) it has some little slowdowns , but nothing to big , it's totally playable =)

Please do more maps like this =) 

I'll add this map to my dosbox menu

1 hour ago, Pablo_Doom_Guy said:

Wow i'm not a great fan of super big maps (i know there are maps with almost 30k monsters) so almost 300 monster it's not really a big one , but still bigger than a normal doom map, but i have to say that i really enjoyed this map , its challenging without being impossible ,  i almost got a 100% kills , didn't aimed for 100% secrets (i can say that those 5 secrets found me xD)

mapagrandeD2.png.32b553bd12d5ec4a9ee028feb3ef592d.png

ahh by the way , this map runs on dosbox (using mbf 2.04) it has some little slowdowns , but nothing to big , it's totally playable =)

Please do more maps like this =) 

I'll add this map to my dosbox menu

Does it run without any graphical glitches, though? In PrBoom+, Zandronum (software mode) and Zdoom I ran into graphical glitches thanks to how I designed the map. Maybe I've done some unknown miracle while I worked on my last revision (I just fixed a texture that was not properly aligned and it pissed me off).

I made this map in Boom mode, so it is supposed to work with vanilla settings with minor limit break stuff added in (it runs flawlessly in GLBoom+ too). I'm honestly impressed this map runs nicely DosBox (using mbf, but still). Does it run mapinfo stuff? I added some small stuff with mapinfo (like it going to the endgame like I mentioned before), but it only worked in the ZDoom ports for me.

Edit: These are the glitches I'm talking about: 

image.png.75f451312a860024d7e96f31ce708fe0.png

image.png.c38292a99ec0fafe309ab81138324203.png

Edited by [Vitz!]

1 hour ago, [Vitz!] said:

Does it run without any graphical glitches, though? In PrBoom+, Zandronum (software mode) and Zdoom I ran into graphical glitches thanks to how I designed the map. Maybe I've done some unknown miracle while I worked on my last revision (I just fixed a texture that was not properly aligned and it pissed me off).

I made this map in Boom mode, so it is supposed to work with vanilla settings with minor limit break stuff added in (it runs flawlessly in GLBoom+ too). I'm honestly impressed this map runs nicely DosBox (using mbf, but still). Does it run mapinfo stuff? I added some small stuff with mapinfo (like it going to the endgame like I mentioned before), but it only worked in the ZDoom ports for me.

Edit: These are the glitches I'm talking about: 

image.png.75f451312a860024d7e96f31ce708fe0.png

image.png.c38292a99ec0fafe309ab81138324203.png

well some minor graphical glitches like the one you've mention above , nothing to big (as i played the map once i was not able to find the place of your 2nd image =/ ) 

about the mapinfo stuff , i can't see the ending screen , the level just resets 

5 minutes ago, Pablo_Doom_Guy said:

well some minor graphical glitches like the one you've mention above , nothing to big (as i played the map once i was not able to find the place of your 2nd image =/ ) 

about the mapinfo stuff , i can't see the ending screen , the level just resets 

Acts as expected then. They are minor graphical issues, but that doesn't mean the level is unplayable, which is a win in my book.

As for the mapinfo stuff that's also expected. It works in ZDoom ports since they can recognize it.

Anyway... I'll just wait to see Austinado's take on my map to avoid flooding at this point.

VALE DO DESESPERO

BY @[Vitz!]

Download Here

The most thing that caught me here was the kind of "hellish" atmosphere and the progression slighty ok (up is the way).

We have to keep in mind that this was experimental map, not bad for experimental, but need some work in some areas in my opinion. If this is a first map, its not a bad map.

Final Remarks:

- Mapper, first of all, are you Portuguese?

- There is about 300 and so monsters, but with the help of rocket launcher and plasma gun, they are destroyed quickly.

- Too much ammo...too much health...too much armor...not too much difficulty when that occurs. Testing the map to see how it goes..its mandatory.

- From the posts above, i got no issues with video display...played with GZDOOM, hardware accelerated...no issues that i recall.

- Liked the blood dropping...the lava...

- Monster placement should be better, the last area for instance, is impossible to enter and get invulnerability or BFG, either case, did not needed them, just let them kill each others, and then i have finished the rest.

- Custom music is nice. I like when mappers do something more than D_RUNNIN (dont get me wrong, i like D_RUNNIN)!

- Traps are always welcome in a map...gives you challenge, and the element of surprise is always fun!

- Keep up working in mapping!

-----//-----

2 hours ago, Austinado said:

VALE DO DESESPERO

BY @[Vitz!]

Download Here

The most thing that caught me here was the kind of "hellish" atmosphere and the progression slighty ok (up is the way).

We have to keep in mind that this was experimental map, not bad for experimental, but need some work in some areas in my opinion. If this is a first map, its not a bad map.

Final Remarks:

- Mapper, first of all, are you Portuguese?

- There is about 300 and so monsters, but with the help of rocket launcher and plasma gun, they are destroyed quickly.

- Too much ammo...too much health...too much armor...not too much difficulty when that occurs. Testing the map to see how it goes..its mandatory.

- From the posts above, i got no issues with video display...played with GZDOOM, hardware accelerated...no issues that i recall.

- Liked the blood dropping...the lava...

- Monster placement should be better, the last area for instance, is impossible to enter and get invulnerability or BFG, either case, did not needed them, just let them kill each others, and then i have finished the rest.

- Custom music is nice. I like when mappers do something more than D_RUNNIN (dont get me wrong, i like D_RUNNIN)!

- Traps are always welcome in a map...gives you challenge, and the element of surprise is always fun!

- Keep up working in mapping!

Video

-----//-----

Before I answer you I need you to keep in mind that this is the third map I've ever made in life. (I forgot to mention that in my original post, sorry...)

Ok. Time to adress your points (in order).

- I'm Brazilian. I like naming things I create in my mother language from time to time. It's always nice to see a fellow portuguese speaker!

- That was the idea, though I didn't see them helping that much.

- I tested this map more times than I can count. As I said before, the recommended difficulty is Ultra Violence and it's there that you can see the items being put to good use, though I could tone consider toning down the items for future maps (especially in lower difficulties). Also secrets are there to make the map easier and the rest of the design was made taking into consideration that there are people who will never try finding secrets at all. I see Secrets as an extra reward for those who explore and interact, not exactly part of the main map flow. I should consider that things like playstyle affect the experience too, I know, I know...

- Good. The less technical issues like these to fix, the better. 

- Great. I tried my hardest to get the aesthetics right in this map.

- Honestly I agree with your remark on the last room in parts. While the monster placement wasn't anything that great (I was starting to get burned out for working on this map for two weeks, 8~10 hours per day, of my NEET life) I believe that it is still possible to get the invulnerability sphere (and other players got it too) as long as you look around fast enough to notice it (it's a matter of looking left and right). The BFG is something that you're supposed to get near the end of the fight, when it's easier to maneuver thanks to the lesser enemies being down earlier (also there is a Secret BFG that makes that part much easier to pass through).

In other parts of the map I got pretty satisfied considering my playtests. I think I managed to make a map that could be considered fair overall...

- Nice! The music used is a midi rendition of Heartful Cry from Persona 3 that I modified slightly to fit better the theme of the map (transposed some instruments and removed others). 

- I didn't see the necessity of traps in this map for the most part. The encounters themselves seemed fairly challenging/fun enough to me, honestly. You could say those two doors that open automatically in the barrels area are traps though. Especially in Ultra Violence...

- I plan to! Though these days I've been focusing on other projects and you won't be seeing anything from me so soon.

- No! I thank you for taking the time to play my map! Even though I have my own ways of thinking when it comes to mapping I believe this was a good way to see things from another perspective.

So yeah, this is what I have to say regarding the written part.

The video shows that your playstyle is quite the cautious one and that made the map a lot easier for you. When I tested this map I took a lot more risks and that made the design shine more to me. That last room could be a trap in itself now that I watched the video and thankfully this is super easy to do, but I'm hesitant to change the map like that after days of hard work in it and people playing it (I sent this map to as much people as I possibly could)... I also can't see anybody returning to it to see any changes unless major, but I'll still keep the criticisms in mind for the next maps I make since most of them (despite me having a way to counter-argue them) are still valid.

I'm glad you still had fun with the map despite having your gripes.

@[Vitz!]

Como você verifica no video, mesmo jogando em UV, a dificuldade não é elevada. Havendo mais restrição de munição e vida o jogo consegue ser mais desafiante. Foi apenas uma opinião e espero ver mais de você no futuro. Obrigado pelo pedido, e sempre que quiser esteja à vontade ✌

MEAN GREEN

BY @Super Mighty G

Download Here

We get a perception, like the mapper said, that this is not a first one, and actually a nice enjoyable map.

There is a careness with lightt in map, conectivity (all roads get you to Rome), a lack of ammo on purpose (and in my point of view, nothing wrong with that, i liked it) and a visually its very confortable with nice details in structure. Enjoyable and wondering what would come next...

Final Remarks:

- Why not start a project? Six maps in a row would be nice...

-----//-----

SHIVER

BY @Dubbagdarrel

Download Here

So we have nice points here in this map wich i enjoyed, visually i think the mapper did a nice job, the snow falling, the details with blood, custom monsters (surprise surprise) and a fairly progression way to the end. In the other hand, the monster placement for me is weak..the only time i had a little bit more of struggle (im not mentioning the atacks by Illus monster) was in the room with the two priests. It was monotonous fights in general.

FINAL REMARKS:

- We can see the mapper wants to improve and that its nice, visually ( central area, snow falling, trees, cool stuff there) i see alot of difference from the previous maps i have played.

- That demonic voice at the beggining, its a cool touch, but afterwards it gets annoying...toooooooooooooooooooo much annoying.

- Custom monsters i thought it was cool. Nicelly done.

- The area before the final fight, i think there is a problem with the cacodemons, they stayed there...didn´t came up...

- The windows with the view for the keys should be impassable of monster projectiles...if they are not windows, the mapper should not make them look like them..

- I was expecting more for the final fight...

- Renaming your map is a touch of yours...the mapper should do it.

- Alot of work was done here, congratulations, but the monster placement is weak, in my opinion, it should be reviewed.

- Thanks alot for the request!

-----//-----

5 hours ago, Austinado said:

SHIVER

BY @Dubbagdarrel

Download Here

So we have nice points here in this map wich i enjoyed, visually i think the mapper did a nice job, the snow falling, the details with blood, custom monsters (surprise surprise) and a fairly progression way to the end. In the other hand, the monster placement for me is weak..the only time i had a little bit more of struggle (im not mentioning the atacks by Illus monster) was in the room with the two priests. It was monotonous fights in general.

FINAL REMARKS:

- We can see the mapper wants to improve and that its nice, visually ( central area, snow falling, trees, cool stuff there) i see alot of difference from the previous maps i have played.

- That demonic voice at the beggining, its a cool touch, but afterwards it gets annoying...toooooooooooooooooooo much annoying.

- Custom monsters i thought it was cool. Nicelly done.

- The area before the final fight, i think there is a problem with the cacodemons, they stayed there...didn´t came up...

- The windows with the view for the keys should be impassable of monster projectiles...if they are not windows, the mapper should not make them look like them..

- I was expecting more for the final fight...

- Renaming your map is a touch of yours...the mapper should do it.

- Alot of work was done here, congratulations, but the monster placement is weak, in my opinion, it should be reviewed.

- Thanks alot for the request!

-----//-----

I know I send you ALOT of maps thank you for looking at them. I love hearing your take on them. The monster voice in the beginning is the ACTIVE sound of the boss, IDK why the designer of the monster decided it would be good to have the voice be heard through the whole map. I didn't realize that till i uploaded it probably because I turn the sounds off and listen to music when I edit and test. But thank you very much Austinado.

On 11/29/2019 at 5:39 AM, Austinado said:

@[Vitz!]

Como você verifica no video, mesmo jogando em UV, a dificuldade não é elevada. Havendo mais restrição de munição e vida o jogo consegue ser mais desafiante. Foi apenas uma opinião e espero ver mais de você no futuro. Obrigado pelo pedido, e sempre que quiser esteja à vontade ✌

I won't be using portuguese to speak to you because this is a place where the main language people speak is english and the administration won't necessarily like people not speaking the same language (mainly because it causes confusion and some people will complain about it)...

Thank you for your feedback. I decided to revise the "entire" map (mainly because I couldn't think of a decent idea for a new map and decided to take the opportunity to learn new techniques in map making). I tried addressing your remarks on difficulty, excess items (in the main area, but not exactly the secrets) and traps mainly while also improving some things I wasn't satisfied myself and adding cool new stuff to make the re-release a little more interesting.

If you're interested you can play the new version (just ping me and I'll send you). I made sure to give you a special thanks on the new screen I made just for this version: 
image.png.0a7a10d0f49cd58488df981f6330db2e.png 

I just hope I don't have to make any other revision to this damn thing. I'm beyond burned out at this point. lol

I'll just make sure to make a much smaller map next time...