Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ChicagoTrash

What is your Doom canon?

Doom is an alternate universe where B.J. gets isekai'd to after dying to the nazi's heroically. 

He gets isekai'd again in the end episode one for some reason. lol

as for the order of the games

Wolfenstein (B.J. dies)
Doom
Doom 2
No rest for the living
Doom 64
Doom 2016
Doom Eternal

lel

Doom 3 is another universe.

I've only really played Classic Doom, but my canonical interpretation is very simple... the classic games use the same engine with the same face to represent Doomguy. Therefore, it is the same person.

Old Dooms are boot. New Dooms are reboot. They are not connected. If they were it wouldn't be a reboot. It'd be the old boot with some new laces. All the tryna connect Keen and Wolfenstein to Doom is just lame. Let them stay separate. Doom is boot. Got reboot. Wolfenstein is sneaker. Keen is a flip flop or something. 

I used to think BJ after killing StaatMeister in Wolf3D(Snes) his next mission was Doom. 

Until I realized original Wolf3d had a different story. This is impossible to connect a hero from 1945 to a future setting. 

To me, Quake 3, Tony Hawk 3, Doom3 and Doom RPG are just some walks Doomguy had after Doom64 until he arrived on Argent D'Nur...

I also think Doom Slayer is the original Doomguy but not the original Doomguy. Doom Eternal does not imply that this happened after Doom64, there is no evidence, maybe in the DLC expansions. 

I can assume Doomguy from the reboot games is an UAC marine that was the only survivor of an Hellish invasion and after escaping Hell (another Doom 1) , he arrived on Argent D'Nur where he became the Doom Slayer.

I assume this. I'm scrapping what the in-game unused dialogs say. They were scrapped by its developers as well. 

Edited by Gerardo194

14 hours ago, Gerardo194 said:

I also think Doom Slayer is the original Doomguy but not the original Doomguy. Doom Eternal does not imply that this happened after Doom64, there is no evidence, maybe in the DLC expansions.  

s3OQyeR.png

QhQgKEC.png

"In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one stood. Burned by the embers of Armageddon, his soul blistered by the fires of Hell and tainted beyond ascension, he chose the path of perpetual torment. In his ravenous hatred he found no peace; and with boiling blood he scoured the Umbral Plains seeking vengeance against the dark lords who had wronged him. He wore the crown of the Night Sentinels, and those that tasted the bite of his sword named him... the Doom Slayer."

The new Doom 64 Lost Levels ending reference Doom 2016's "path of perpetual torment" line from the Slayer Testaments. Considering the Lost Levels were only recently added in the 2020 port, it's likely supposed to be an intentional connection between the two.

---

^ Principle Mission Designer of Doom 2016 discussing level layout similarities. If he's pointing it out, it's likely on purpose.

---

azphACK.png

^ From the Doom Wiki's Kadingir Sanctum trivia section. Could be coincidence, could be intentional.

"The Blood Keep, also referred to as the Kadingir Sanctum, is a sprawling network of tunnels, catacombs and temples that connect the wasteland Umbral Plains to the Great Steppe."

"Insatiable, even by the vanquishing of the Great One, the Hell Walker sought prey in the tombs of the Blood Keep."

---

Additionally, Doom Eternal shows that Doomguy stumbled on Argent D'Nur while "badly wounded" and partly rambling. This could line up with Doom 64's text pieces that show Doomguy slowly losing his mind:

Doom 64's MAP09 text:

"You cackle as the familiarity of the situation occurs to you. The gateway to the Demons domain was too accessible. You realize the demons mock you with their invitation. It does not matter... The demons spawn like rats and you have the grade AAA U.A.C. poison they crave. Your bloodthirsty scream shatters the teleport maze. Once again you find yourself amidst..."

Doom 64's ending text:

"Finally... The mother of all demons is dead! The blood pours from your eyes as you stand in defiance. As the only marine to endure the slaughter- you decide to remain in Hell and ensure no demon ever rises again. The End..."

---

Most of the above suggest that Doom 2016 (and therefore Doom Eternal) take place after Doom 64. Releasing the new Doom 64 port on the same day as Doom Eternal could also be seen as significant. Hugo Martin, the game director, has mentioned that Doom 64 influenced Doom Eternal's level design (linked to video), which could also be significant.

15 hours ago, Gerardo194 said:

I can assume Doomguy from the reboot games is an UAC marine that was the only survivor of an Hellish invasion and after escaping Hell (another Doom 1) , he arrived on Argent D'Nur where he became the Doom Slayer.

I don't think id has any reason to make the connections to the Classic series to be any more complex. There wouldn't be a good reason to reveal that Doom Slayer is Classic Doomguy in a cutscene, but then also to take an alternate spin where this Doomguy apparently didn't go to Doom II or Doom 64. It'd be simpler to assume that those games are still canon if Doom Slayer = Doomguy is the route they're going for.

@AtimZarr1, that's your opinion. I don't accept what others say. I even didn't read your post. I won't read it. 

Anyone can make its own Doom canon. There's no need to take things seriously. I'm getting tired of people always arguing their "true" Doom timeline. That's annoying. What I have shared here are just theories to have some fun. 

I know that even Hugo Martin would accept other people views. 

Edited by Gerardo194

1 hour ago, Gerardo194 said:

I don't accept what others say. I even didn't read your post. I won't read it.

What a ridiculous thing to say on a public discussion forum.

I have 3 canons, one with all the games, one with the only the classics(including 64 and Final), one with only Doom 3.

2 hours ago, AtimZarr1 said:

What a ridiculous thing to say on a public discussion forum.

Yes, Applause. 

On 6/15/2020 at 2:10 PM, uwwaves said:

My more simple doom canon is Doom 1,2 final doom and wolf3d including its expansions

Don't know how much time you are here but years ago I read a fan-fiction of a guy that wrote Doomguy was working on the UAC when the BFG8000, yes 8000, was under development and it cause a wormhole that sent Doomguy to 1945 where he took the name of William Blazkowicz from a dead prisoner and Doomguy himself kills Hitler. 

The only problem is that I don't remember the thread's name now, I've been lurking here since 2011

Doomguy is basically an edgy superhero at this point, and most fan-made WADS are him hunting the hellspawn down across the multiverse to save alien lives.

He knows his work will never truly be finished, but that's okay, because somewhere along the way he began to legitimately enjoy slaughtering demons.

My canon is that Doom 4/2016 and Eternal are one separate universe and are not part of the Classic Doom universe.

all add-ons to the Bethesda port are canon. Back to Saturn X, Deathless, Double Impact, No End in Sight, Final DOOM, Si6il, No Rest For the Living, and so much more to come means that these are actually part of the DOOM timeline. Maybe they'll add a Wolfenstein DOOM WAD, and DOOM and Wolfenstein will be in a shared universe. that would be perfect!

6 hours ago, LiT_gam3r said:

Maybe they'll add a Wolfenstein DOOM WAD, and DOOM and Wolfenstein will be in a shared universe. that would be perfect! 

Doom II's Map 31 and 32 do exist:

XMnmz59.png

CnwOHCE.png

1 hour ago, AtimZarr1 said:

Doom II's Map 31 and 32 do exist:

XMnmz59.png

It never explains that these are the same Nazi's as in Wolfenstein, just that it was made by humans. you could argue that Commander Keen takes place in the same universe, but the game never actually states that this is the same Billy Blaze as in the platformers. 

4 hours ago, Gerardo194 said:

I finally found the complete evidence that Wolf, Doom and Quake took place in the same universe. 

i forgot to add quake in my simle doom canon

Doomguy dies at the end of chapter one, he then is put into a never ending labyrinth, if he dies he just gets put back at the start of the particlair phase of hell he is in with nothing but a pistal, but the labyrinth supplies all the resources doomguy needs to make it to the next phase, doomguys journeys become hells entertainment, and doom guy keeps pushing through endless levels ,this makes everyones wads cannon, as hell is eternal.

1. Doom

2. Doom 2

3. Doom plutonia

4. Doom TNT (doomguys marine command organisation becomes the arc in doom eternal after hes gone for a while)

5. Doom 64

6. Doom 2016

7. Doom eternal

1. Ultimate Doom + SIGIL
  2. Doom 2
  3. Doom 64
  4. Literally all wads that ever came out and will ever come out (character-changing mods/TCs are a gray area, but parallel universes were confirmed in Eternal, sooo...)
  5. Doom 2016
  6. Doom Eternal

My cannon is pretty simple but also kinda weird. Ok, first of all, I tried to put everything I could that was developed by ID or at the very least that ID had a hand in making or publishing. That means no Plutonia, Evilution or Double Impact etc. Then with what I had left I looked at the individual game's player manual intro text to see if they alluded to previous entries. (The most recent versions anyway) So that means there is a small hiccup, the end of Doom doesn't line up with the beginning of Doom 2 and try as I might I can't see how Thy Flesh Consumed is supposed join them together. So I consider this link to be optional cannon. Then there's how Doom 2 links to Doom 64. Short answer, it doesn't however Doom 64 DOES work as a sequel to the next entry Doom 3, although I have found no solid evidence to back it up. They just fit together and have a similar less jovial tone. Then there's how Doom 64 links to Doom 2016. Thankfully The Lost Levels solved that proplem but even without it the end of Doom 64 matches up fairly well with the beginning of (or rather the events leading to) Doom 2016. Then there's Doom Eternal which was confirmed to be a direct sequel to Doom 2016, not much analysis to do there. Lastly, I must make two small disclaimers: 1. I did not include any spin-off games or guest appearances of Doom or Doomguy, so no Quake games or RPGs. (haven't played them) 2. This cannon is by no means the "complete" Doom story rather my canon shows how the Doomguy became The Doom Slayer. Also no Sigil. Sorry John. TLDR: Slayer Canon. Doom 3, Doom 64, The Lost Levels, Doom 2016 and Doom Eternal. Optional Doomguy timeline. Doom, Thy Flesh Consumed and Doom 2. One canon where Doomguy becomes Doom Slayer, Canon A and one where he defeats the hoards of hell without becoming Doom Slayer, Canon B.

On 6/17/2020 at 1:04 AM, Gerardo194 said:

that's your opinion. I don't accept what others say. I even didn't read your post. I won't read it.

Are you serious? This had to have been a joke. How would you possibly know that it was an opinion if you didn't read it? that's just an assumption. I think this is one of the few times I've laughed out loud reading something online. LoL

@AtimZarr1 Explaination is my Core Cannon.

And also Doom 3/Lost Mission is on the same time as Doom 1 with other space marines.

Doom RoE happens the same time that TNT goes in motion.

My headcanon...

Main: Ultimate Doom+Sigil>Doom II+No Rest for the Living>Doom64>Doom 2016>Doom Eternal
Alternate Timelines: Final Doom, Doom 3>Lost Mission