Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Squonk

Ultimate Doom demos [-complevel 3]

16 hours ago, almostmatt1 said:

Probably the easiest way is to play the demo with the prboom+ source port (http://doomedsda.us/engines/prboom-plus2514.zip), which has a HUD which displays the time to the nearest decimal of a second (well technically, as close as it can mathematically estimate considering it's calculating 35 tics for each second). I believe you can get to this HUD by pressing F5 while in prboom+, either when playing or viewing a demo. If you slow down the demo (you can use the + and - keys to change demo playback speed or find the setting for it in the options menu), you should be able to easily see the precise time at the end of the level. There could be a better way to do it that I don't know of, but that's what I do and it works fine for me. 

I checked your above E1M1 NM-Speed demo, and it was 9.86 seconds. 

I already found my demo ranked in DSDA, where it specified that precise time.

Instead of PrBoom+, I tried playing my demo with CNDoom, with an in-game timer and a more accurate time in the Intermission screen, and it seems to work. Anyways, I'll try PrBoom+, it could be better. Thank you.

Also, can I upload an improved version of my demo but changing the Author name so that it includes my alias (which it does currently) but also my actual name?

11 hours ago, kraflab said:

Are you asking to change your name on dsda?

Actually, yes.

I'll suppose you're someone trustworthy. I barely discovered you're part of the DSDA team, if not the site's owner/host, sorry.

I want to change it from 'Alaux' to 'Alan "Alaux" Ruzich'.

Edited by Alaux

Any updates?

EDIT: I'm willing to publish at least one more demo, but I don't know which name should I use in the .txt

Edited by Alaux

Just now, Alaux said:

Wait a minute, did you just beat shock's record?

i did indeed, i have had the movement for it for a while but needed a lucky day to get the time, i seriously wasnt expecting 8.94 but rather 8.97

Just now, depr4vity said:

i did indeed, i have had the movement for it for a while but needed a lucky day to get the time, i seriously wasnt expecting 8.94 but rather 8.97

Holy...

Well, um, congratulations. I should say something else, but nothing comes to my mind. Well done.

UV Max E1M1 32
This is my entry in the doom speedrunning, best I could have done on this one e1m1-032.zip

UV Sightseer 28 
And here a meme one as well just to be able to say that I had a WR for Doom once (please don't beat it immediately :( d1e1m1 p 100s.zip

Edited by cabalcrow

E1M1 UV-Speed 0:10

My first demo for Doom, had a goal i'd post my first time when I hit :11 on here. No sr50 yet still getting a hang of it! Ty all 

,Pug (edited got a :10 a few minutes after I posted the :11 added updated zip)

e1m1uv10-puguly.zip

Edited by PugUgly

2 hours ago, PugUgly said:

E1M1 UV-Speed 0:10

My first demo for Doom, had a goal i'd post my first time when I hit :11 on here. No sr50 yet still getting a hang of it! Ty all 

,Pug (edited got a :10 a few minutes after I posted the :11 added updated zip)

e1m1uv10-puguly.zip

Welcome. I wish you good luck.