Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Theshyguy489

The worst DOOM levels ever?

My suggestion is rather than base it off "bad" maps, how about you instead create caricatures of the levels accentuating and focusing on the flaws (or "perceived" flaws if yall feeling arrogant) of said levels, for example Barrels o Fun should centre on the stupid gimmick to the extreme.

Also I own the rights to WOOO (even though I did literally none of the work) and if you dare tread on my patterned style of "worthless shitpost maps" then I'll sue you for 10 likes.

5 hours ago, Walter confetti said:

Nirvana

I actually like that level. Shit band though.

Also, is this for official levels only? Because Gene Bird's (not sure if I remember the name correctly) maps in Community Chests are some of the worst I've ever played.

Keep in mind that if you make terrible levels "ironically", at the end of the day, they are still terrible levels. Just because you mention your levels suck, doesn't make them, well, not suck. If you wanna make a parody, better take concepts and greatly exaggerate them in a silly way, like Ludicrium. Don't keep it too long either, no one likes a joke that overstays its welcome.

As for the original question, any map with the MIDI Into the Beast's Belly will suck (the MIDI itself also sucks). MAP08, MAP27, and MAP30 of TNT are all terrible levels, with MAP27 being easily the worst level in TNT, and while I don't hate MAP17 of Alien Vendetta, it's certainly one of the worst maps in the WAD. Scythe MAP11 is okay though, so I guess it gets a pass?

9 hours ago, Doom_Dude said:

I actually like that map and was making a map that's somewhat inspired by it called Slough Death. The map is in the shape of a dragon-ish skull. haha.

Well I have no doubt yours will be better. Slough of Despair's  tight nooks and cranny's and infestation of Lost Souls just kills it for me.

Oh come on I think the op is being very creative. A wad that makes the lamest doom levels even worse in a satirical way could be really funny. It reminds me of sharknado or scary movie! I guess the so bad its good movie isn’t funny for some people but I love it

Edited by bfredric

4 hours ago, Theshyguy489 said:

OK, I got a lot of people who think my idea isn't funny. Should I not do it?

Do what you want to do. Just be prepared for candid feedback if you release it

Copy Doom2.wad

Paste

Rename it as "Doom2bad.wad"

Now you have a wad filled with 32 bad levels ;P (according to some people's perspective)

Tbh, Doom 1 levels are worse than Doom 2's that's a fact.

The best part of Doom 1 was probably E1 and some part of E2 and E3. Doom 2 has some flaws but the overall experience is more enjoyable

Also, Administration center sucks

I second mrthejoshmon here. Most of the maps you mention are "weird", not plainly bad. They have some element many people hate, but some could love (for example, I like the gimmicks in Barrels o' Fun, The Chasm and Mount Pain). If you make good maps that accentuate the "flaws" so the people loving them love them even more, then your project could be cool. It would however not be a "bad" wad, but a "weird" wad.

In my case, I never liked E4M4. However, it's not because it's weird, but it's actually short and soulless. Don't know if it's a good map to parody in your wad ...

How is Plutonia 11 getting so much hate? That's easily one of my favorite levels ever. Then again, I love fighting arch-viles.

E3M5: Unholy Cathedral. Can't stand that one.

I think Barrels of Fun and the Chasm are good enough maps, they could just be better. The Chasm specially because all you have to do to deal with it is just, you know, stop running on the tight rope sections, though it could tone down the tight rope stuff a little bit to be better, but aside from that it's just a map that I enjoy playing overall to a certain extent.

And I thought Nirvana was a bad map until I played Habitat from TNT again. Now it's alright to me despite the stupidity lmao.

Also no mention to Mount Pain? Though that maps is too easy to make it worse. Just add more tougher enemies and remove all health.

And funny to see people complaining about Hunted. I like playing it despite being kinda easy to get lost.

And btw I agree that OP's idea isn't the best.

E3M8 is the one where I still have negative memories of playing it the first time. Going in, expecting some epic fight, seeing the Spider, firing 2 or 3 BFG shots, game over.

HUH !!!???!!!

I really can't stand TNT's "Mill."

I always forget it exists, it drags for way too long, and I constantly get lost in it.

Public letter to Theshyguy489:

I suggest you don't mash all these levels into a hybrid level, but to instead make it so that when you hit a supposed end level switch it'll just teleport you to the next one instead, all the way up until the player reaches the last stitched together level which would presumably be hunted from plutonia

Also it's up to you if you want to have medikits disappear on UV and up :)

43 minutes ago, [Vitz!] said:

And btw I agree that OP's idea isn't the best.

If he can't do it, then I will.