Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Not Jabba

Cacowards 2019 Mentionation Thread

6 hours ago, Egg Boy said:

I never keep track of when they release.

The Cacowards are released on December 10th each year, coinciding with Doom's birthday.

I'm going to mentionate Ray Mohawk's Manic Monday by Doomkid.

It appeared out of nowhere as far as I can tell, and has inspired me to vote counter to what I might typically choose. Being so close to Doom2's anniversary, this mod plays like something that could've actually been made within a year or so of the game's original release. Normally I like usermods that are have a more 'serious' tone so it takes exceptions in that regard to really stand out, in my view. This mod has a good sense of humor, it's well made, and it's hella fun. It's like a time capsule but it was just released yesterday, so for these reasons I thought it should be recognized.

We are a week until the write-ups are published, so wouldn’t that now be a candidate for the 2020 Cacowards?

50 minutes ago, Horus said:

We are a week until the write-ups are published, so wouldn’t that now be a candidate for the 2020 Cacowards?

Editors don't deal with last minute changes? hehe I'm only joking, I realize it's a late mention and I have nothing but respect for the staff. As someone who's not involved with the process I still see this as a 2019 project so I wanted to vote for it here, I do see what you mean though. I have a hard time picking favorites so I wouldn't recast my vote, suppose we'll see what 2020 brings.

26 minutes ago, reflex17 said:

Editors don't deal with last minute changes?

They generally close the books on what they're considering for that year's Cacowards around November. As Linguica wrote, "Now that it's less than a month away I can say that we have more than enough worthy mentionees to fill the spots and it's unlikely anything new will be considered for this year's awards unless it's something relatively short / exceptional."

That's not to say that Doomkid's submission wouldn't be considered, but I think it more likely that it would get considered for something next year.

5 minutes ago, Pegleg said:

They generally close the books on what they're considering for that year's Cacowards around November. As Linguica wrote, "Now that it's less than a month away I can say that we have more than enough worthy mentionees to fill the spots and it's unlikely anything new will be considered for this year's awards unless it's something relatively short / exceptional."

Of course, that's reasonable. I saw Ling's post but had forgotten this thread used to be pinned. I got psyched cuz I've never voted before and knowing myself I'd probably forget in a year anyway. It's all good =)

3 minutes ago, rdwpa said:

All you have to do is remember next week when the 2020 thread goes up. :P

That's a good point, just don't doubt my powers of procrastination or I will have to show you. At some point. Whenever I happen get around to it, I guess...

2 hours ago, SilverMiner said:

link to thread

It's probably a better idea to post this in the 2020 thread when it comes up. A week or so is definitely not enough time to play and review the wad, and last time i checked mapsets released around november or later are counted as the next year's maps.