Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lorenz0

[IDGAMES RELEASE] Alienated - 10 levels for GZDoom

I proudly announce that the final version of Alienated is now available on idgames. The download link has been updated. Thank you all for support :)

You too, @seed I enjoyed watching your playthroughs :)

Ha, I just finished playing through rc3. I noticed a few minor nitpicks (like moving doortracks that don't look like they should move, or wall decorations that don't get marked as blocking monsters so you get hovercorpses) but nothing major.

Very beautiful levels, a perfectly fitting soundtrack, it was great. A bit heavy on the predictable arena fights, though -- nothing wrong with that, it's just not my cup of tea.

Hey @Lorenz0, could you please care to list the full soundtrack for this WAD? It has some cool midis and there's no any mentions about their authors or track names neither here , nor on Doom wiki, and also not on idgames. please give at lease some info about the origins of the music.

On 3/1/2022 at 12:02 AM, BohdanZPM said:

Hey @Lorenz0, could you please care to list the full soundtrack for this WAD? It has some cool midis and there's no any mentions about their authors or track names neither here , nor on Doom wiki, and also not on idgames. please give at lease some info about the origins of the music.

The reason why I didn't mention the soundtrack in the main post is that I don't actually have the full list. I don't remember where I got some of those midis, but here are the ones I do know:

MAP01: Fookerton - zombiemanblues

MAP03: Ribbiks - ER7

MAP04: Jimmy - Can You Feel The Entropy

MAP05: Jimmy - Fire Hive

MAP06: Zzsketch - Hexasketch

MAP31: Crunchynut44 - The Best Chords I Don’t Use

MAP08: Crunchynut44 - Deepest Reaches

And sorry for responding so late, I forgot about this comment until now.

Thanks, that was really helpful. I did a little research and found some other names and authors. Only the track name for MAP07 still remains unknown. I will add this info to the wiki article.
MAP01: Fookerton and Tiddles  - Zombieman Blues

MAP02: Quasar of Sanxion - Funky Stars (MIDI rendition by James Paddock (Jimmy))

MAP03: Zach Stephens (Ribbiks) - ER7

MAP04: James Paddock (Jimmy) - Can You Feel the Entropy

MAP05: James Paddock (Jimmy) - Fire Hive

MAP06: Zan-zan-zawa-veia (yakfak) - Hexasketch Map31 Music

MAP07: UNKNOWN

MAP08: Glen Christie (Crunchynut44) - Deepest Reaches

MAP09: Stuart Rynn (stewboy) - Interception Map09 Music

MAP31: Glen Christie (Crunchynut44) - The Best Chords I Don’t Use

Edited by BohdanZPM

On 10/21/2019 at 1:35 PM, RonnieJamesDiner said:

Played this in GZDoom on UV, which took about 3.5 hours.

This was just an absolute delight to play, and there's a lot of content here. If you haven't played this yet, just stop reading and go play it... it's awesome. 

Visually, the maps are gorgeous, with a rather praiseworthy attention to lighting & effects, and an excellent use of 3D sectors. I often found myself stopping to just admire the vistas, or the creative architecture which never seemed to sacrifice gameplay for aesthetics. It seemed like you pulled inspiration from a lot of different places, but found a way to tie it all together with your own unique style. I loved it. 

100%/

This mapset is amazing. I had a lot of fun playing around and looking at the architecture.