Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Neurosis

What Video Game Are You Currently Playing?

Just bagged the Duke Nukem 20th anniversary edition as its on £3.99 on PSN and haven't played it since its re-release on 360/PS3 years ago.

Other than that I'm Replaying Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric on Wii U because I'm mental.

Haven't played anything new lately. Just farming rank points on Dota Underlords. I find it to be the most interesting out of all the "Auto-chess genre."

Duke Nukem Forever on Xbox 360. Yes, sue me for having this game.

As much as i do not want to fault Triptych Games, but the performance is at times truly atrocious.

It already runs with vsync off, so performance can jump from 60 fps to 30 fps, leading to nasty and very noticeable frameskips.

But its worse when you use a weapon that casts a dynamic light (Like trip bombs or rocket launcher). The resulting explosion, but more the dynamic light literally sees frame rate down to a crawl, especially when you gib a single enemy with it. Seeing an explosion execute at 5 FPS is sure a sight to behold.

Duke Engine (Heavily modified UE 1.5) really was a PC only engine, because the relatively quick ports to PS360 do not perform that well judging by this state of it.

Picked up Prey 2017 and Dishonored 2 bundle on Steam so I'm currently playing Prey. Made it as far as the Lobby, found a shotgun and ended up in the Trauma Center. So far I think it's pretty good.

I finally got around to finishing GRIS, pretty little game, short but sweet and makes good use of its simple mechanics. Continuing Dishonored, hopefully I don't get distracted this time.

Edited by sluggard

I reinstalled my old copy of The Saboteur, it's pretty much the only open world game set in a Nazi occupied country and has a kind of GTA like style to it and it has some minor Wolfenstein like vibes. The only real flaw is the graphics which were considered new by 2009 have actually aged badly.

Edited by Avoozl

Quake II via KMQuake II on Nightmare, Unreal via OldUnreal 227 on Very Hard (and bleeding damage enabled), Daikatana via 1.3 patch on Medium and teammates disabled, Diablo Hellfire on Nightmare with Warrior, Rogue and Sorcerer.

Still playing Ion Fury and I just got to Dr. Haskel's Big Dome of Doom finally. Goddamn, this is such an annoying fight. Those Bowling Bombs are crappy.

Playing through Blood for a second time. I'll admit that i am enjoying it a lot more this time than my first playthrough.

I finally got around to playing Rise of the Triad 2013, I don't think it's too bad so far although at first I wasn't fond of the fast run speed as it feels much faster than any earlier Doom-like shooters.

Edited by Avoozl

I just beat Ion Fury. Terrible final boss and the ending was kind of anti-climatic, but the overall game was great. The soundtrack kicks ass. I just wish there were some custom map packs or mods out there for it.

I was playing some Path of Exile, which I had stopped playing for over a year or something. Anyhow, I got bored with it again.

Still playing Prey. Made it through Psychotronics and heading into G.U.T.S. Good stuff. :D

7 hours ago, Lizardcommando said:

I just beat Ion Fury. Terrible final boss and the ending was kind of anti-climatic, but the overall game was great. The soundtrack kicks ass. I just wish there were some custom map packs or mods out there for it.

Since the game is really new, there isn't much custom content out there. Though there are a few single maps available such as KongKong.map, Overland.map, zombiefury.map and ionpiercer.map

I am trying out Halo Reach with the PC version, however I am finding it very underwhelming so far, it is performing well on my PC surprisingly I thought they would up upgrade it to today's standards graphically but I wrong, the graphics aren't at all impressing.

The actual Halo game I want to play is Halo 3 so I can finish the original trilogy but I will have to wait until they are done porting the remasters of 1 and 2 first.

Edited by Avoozl

Replaying Call of Duty: World at War campaign. To me, this is the best call of duty. That atmosphere is unbeatable in the entire series.

The only part of CoC WaW I even remotely enjoyed was nazi zombies, not much else however, I found the base game to be generally underwhelming much like most other CoD games.

Playing STALKER: Shadow Of Chernobyl (Vanilla, Stalker difficulty), pretty immersive and fun now that I'm playing seriously and not using cheats. I'm at the X-16 lab right now and turned off the psy-emitter, just got the documents and Ghost's stalker suit.

This seems like a good place to write about my progress on games that I really shouldn't start from scratch and actually eventually finish.

KOTOR: got off Dantooine, not as good as Sith Lords.

Sword Coast Legends: In Act II, finished three companion quests.

The Outer Worlds: On Monarch, should just finish the game already.

Skyrim: Over half way done with Dawngaurd, and about a quarter of main quest. Maybe I'll actually beat this game with this character.

Unreal: On the last map of the ISV-Kran, which means I'm close to allegedly the best part.

Unreal Tournament: Well I did finish the assault maps, maybe Adept was too high of a skill level to choose.

And for games I'm currently playing that I have already completed:

Quake III: Over half way there, why are the duels so much easier?

I still have a massive backlog, heh. I'm going to play through Jazz Jackrabbit soon. What I'm really excited for is Disco Elysium, but I can't seem to actually download it

Replaying Postal 2. It's been a long time since I went through the week in it, I've mostly just played Apocalypse Weekend and various mods for the better part of a decade. In fact I think I've only finished the base game once before, which is a shame because it's so damn fun.

And it's still a fun game. 

After playing through the Max Payne games again I wanted another similar kind of game and then remembered that I had Stranglehold so I've been playing that again, I haven't touched it since years ago and I only ever finished it once before, I am playing it on the highest difficulty this time. Despite how old and dated the game looks it still has pretty cool destructible environments.

I initially had an issue with it where all the graphics except for the menu were black, I found out that you need to disable anti-alising in nvidia control panel to fix the issue, also I had to set a custom resolution from the short cut for my 1920x1080 resolution, and I had to use a FOV fixing tool to give the game a more tolerable FOV.

8 minutes ago, Avoozl said:

I initially had an issue with it where all the graphics except for the menu were black, I found out that you need to disable anti-alising in nvidia control panel to fix the issue, also I had to set a custom resolution from the short cut for my 1920x1080 resolution, and I had to use a FOV fixing tool to give the game a more tolerable FOV.

Have you tried the FixItAll pack? It's one of the must-use packages for the original Max Payne as far as I've seen due to sound issues and crashes on modern systems. VSync also needs to be enabled to prevent game-breaking glitches.

15 minutes ago, Avoozl said:

The problems I was having was with Stranglehold.

Oh, you mentioned Max Payne above so I thought you were referring to it, as it does have its own issues nowadays.

I've finally finished STALKER: Shadow Of Chernobyl with the good ending. It was pain in the ass (especially the secret lab) but it was worth it. The next game I'm going to be playing is STALKER Clear Sky.

I've been relaying S.T.A.L.K.E.R. SoC for like the 5th time lol I love the STALKER series

Got back into Cities: Skylines. Been watching tutorials, trying to make my cities look realistic and cool. Failing miserably at that.

Also got back into Elder Scrolls: Legends, which is probably my all-time favorite card game. Sadly, I hear rumor they're abandoning it...just like all my other favorite card games.

Trying out Magic: Arena, but the interfaces and visual effects just throw me off, i really don't like it at all, but will give it a chance. Wish they just fixed MTGO so it's not a buggy mess anymore. I'll probably just stick with the physical game, though.

images.jpg