Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Skootroot

Favorite DOOM game

Favorite DOOM game  

57 members have voted

1. 1. I see a lot of people on here talking about their favorite DOOM games and I see a lot of interesting titles so i just want to see all of your guys different opinions on the DOOM games (even the expansion packs and RPGs)

• DOOM I
    • DOOM II
    • Final DOOM
    • Master levels for DOOM II
    • DOOM III
    • DOOM III: Resurrection of evil
    • DOOM 64
    • DOOM RPG
    • DOOM 2016

I see a lot of people on here talking about their favorite DOOM games and I see a lot of interesting titles so i just want to see all of your guys different opinions on the DOOM games (even the expansion packs and RPGs)

Edited by Skootroot

I don't necessarily consider one better than the other, so I'm basing my choice simply on their appeal to me.

That being said, that's going to be Doom 64 and PSX Doom. Can't have enough of that thick as fuck atmosphere, sound effects, and music. I should move to D64's Hell one day :p .

I'll show some love for doom 2016. They did a really great job of taking what made the original doom so fun and updating it for the current generation.

My first true experience of Doom was PSX Doom in 96 and then Doom 64 a year later so those games have sentimental value to me but if I have to choose only one then it has to be Doom II.

If PSX Final Doom was made with the complete set of levels of the three packs, it would be the most perfect doom game to this day. Unfortunately, we got a pretty amputated version of those packs, so the only near experience is Doom 64...
Doom 64 was like the perfect next step from what Evilution started, the so to say contextual storytelling, its was a shame that the nintendo 64 cartrige had limited memory and that got reflected in the minor enemie cast of Doom 64.

So if i got to choose from the existing games and not what i dreamed of, well the choice is as follow:
Doom 64

TnT Evilution

Ultimate Doom

DoomRPG

Doom 3

Doom 3: ROE

PSX Final Doom

Doom PSX

Master Levels

Doom 2

Plutonia Experiment

13 minutes ago, P41R47 said:

If PSX Final Doom was made with the complete set of levels of the three packs, it would be the most perfect doom game to this day....

Have you played PSX Doom TC?

22 minutes ago, Boaby Kenobi said:

Have you played PSX Doom TC?

Oh yeah, i played it, but i thought we were talking about original releases only, thats why i didn't included it. They are great, indeed.
Playing from Ultimate Doom Hangar, going through all the Doom games to the las map of plutnonia was my way to play Doom for some time until i changed my port of choice to DoomRetro.

For me it has to be the first Doom when it comes to single player without mods. Doom 2 is good but when I play vanilla I find myself playing Doom 1 more than Doom 2.

While the map design and enemy placement is far better in DOOM 1, DOOM 2 has more variety in maps, with more enemies and the super shotgun, which is nice. So, DOOM II

On 12/5/2019 at 9:26 PM, Raccoon_I_Guess said:

Who the hell said Doom RPG?

I actually really enjoyed Doom RPG. But it wasn’t me, I wouldn’t call it my favourite Doom game

I voted for Doom I, since it's the first Doom I've played. In addition I prefer all the idtech-1 games compared to the newer games.