Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
netnomad312

Heretic Levels which shouldn't exist... but do?

Now, someone tell me how this is possible. I have the version of Heretic with five episodes (shadow of the serpent riders). I was browsing the levels in heretic.wad for ideas for me own new level when I noticed something weird: three maps, called E6M1, E6M2, and E6M3. There's not supposed to be any episode 6. So I checked it out, and sure enough I could play those levels by using the engage code.

I know this isn't normal, but is it just something wrong with my wad? I have recently used deusf -restore on it when I noticed that some of the sprites had been mysteriously changed (haven't played Heretic in a while; I figured that I had merged it with some other file but forgot to restore it)... but I can't see why restoring it would create three levels that aren't supposed to exist. And they aren't any levels which I've ever played before.

There's nothing wrong. Those are just three super secret maps that were thrown in with Shadow of the Serpent Riders. Just remember that the third map has no exit. In the original (only three episodes), I think there was just one super secret map.

Ya, the Original 3 Episodes only have one super-dee-duper secret level that isnt part of much, besides for a good Deathmatch level. The level is E4m1, but like the E6m3, it has no exit. I only have the Original 3 episodes, Bought it pretty much when it came out. :(

No, it's by American and it's right here.

I think there's a couple revised versions (idmap01!.wad and idmap01f.wad) floating around somewhere.

DOOM Anomaly said:

I only have the Original 3 episodes, Bought it pretty much when it came out. :(

And what was the problem with obtaining the patch up to SotSR?