Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zulk RS

What the heck is this source port?

I'm sorry if this video has been posted here and everyone has seen it already but I just had to share this.

What the fuck is this? What am I looking at here?

i've been on shores of Hell. i've seen thy flesh consumed. i've made ruined Earth my new home. and now i can finally rest in peace, because i found THE PERFECT PORT.

1 hour ago, Doom_Dude said:

I can't wait to play Possible Doom on that Perfect Port.

Most ambitious crossover event of the decade!

So I downloaded this thing, and as epected it contains a WAD (as per header a PWAD) with all the resources, with the maps replaced. Apparently it's a XNA program, with all the code in some UWP DLL. I guess you could find out more about the DLL, but it just exports one function, which looks like to be the UWP entry point.

I didn't run it (of course, heh), but from the video it seems quite odd. On one hand it seems quite faithful to Doom (even the SSG firing frame bug is present), but then there are all the small things wrong with it.

43 minutes ago, boris said:

Apparently it's a XNA program, with all the code in some UWP DLL

I didn't run it (of course, heh), but from the video it seems quite odd. On one hand it seems quite faithful to Doom (even the SSG firing frame bug is present), but then there are all the small things wrong with it.

wait, so someone actually took the time to make this port? like actually program this? I thought it was just a GZDoom mod 

There is a ton of source ports out there left in the rubble that deserve some love.

This is not one of them, really.

On 12/9/2019 at 11:27 PM, jerk-o said:

But can it run nuts.wad or wow.wad?

My goal is to write a source port that can *only* run nuts.wad.

4 hours ago, Loud Silence said:

Where is button for negative reaction?

There's no need to shoot the messenger. Also, considering the (possible) usage of invisibility spheres as a hindrance you could pretend invisibility sphere flavored like is a passive-aggressive one.

On 12/8/2019 at 11:31 AM, Doomsdλy1993 said:

My PC exploded after trying to play this sourceport the graphics were just too god damn good.

Hate to tell you, but it probably voided your warranty.