Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gruntkiller4000

The Official 'Trying to Find a Specific WAD' Thread

1 hour ago, Jason said:

I am looking for a specific South Park episode. I don't remember too much since I was half-asleep when I was watching it, but I do remember Wendy beat the shit out of Cartman in the episode.

"Breast Cancer Show Ever" is the ninth episode of Season Twelve.

On 11/17/2019 at 1:32 AM, Payload4367 said:

"Breast Cancer Show Ever" is the ninth episode of Season Twelve.

Thank you.

Also, can you list all the episodes in which the goth kids make an appearance? I know they're in:

Breast Cancer Show Ever
Goth Kids 3: Dawn of the Posers
The Ungroundable
You Got F--ed in the A

But not in that order.

Are there any more where the goth kids appear?

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Are there any more where the goth kids appear?

According to https://wiki.southpark.cc.com/wiki/Goth_Kids

The Goth Kids are in these episodes (the four struck through are the four you already mentioned):

Raisins (s07e14; debut)

You Got F'd in the A (s08e05)

Goobacks (s08e06; cameo)

Quest for Ratings (s08e11;cameo)

Best Friends Forever (s09e04)

Erection Day (s09e07)

Breast Cancer Show Ever (s12e09)

The Ungroundable (s12e14)

Mysterion Rises (s14e12)

Coon vs. Coon and Friends (s14e13)

Butterballs (s16e05; cameo)

Goth Kids 3: Dawn of the Posers (s17e04)

Black Friday (s17e07)

A Song of Ass and Fire (s17e08)

Titties and Dragons (s17e09)

7 hours ago, Pegleg said:

According to https://wiki.southpark.cc.com/wiki/Goth_Kids

The Goth Kids are in these episodes (the four struck through are the four you already mentioned):

Raisins (s07e14; debut)

You Got F'd in the A (s08e05)

Goobacks (s08e06; cameo)

Quest for Ratings (s08e11;cameo)

Best Friends Forever (s09e04)

Erection Day (s09e07)

Breast Cancer Show Ever (s12e09)

The Ungroundable (s12e14)

Mysterion Rises (s14e12)

Coon vs. Coon and Friends (s14e13)

Butterballs (s16e05; cameo)

Goth Kids 3: Dawn of the Posers (s17e04)

Black Friday (s17e07)

A Song of Ass and Fire (s17e08)

Titties and Dragons (s17e09)

Thank you. The goth kids are my favourites sometimes, they're just so hilarious at times.

Was this one actually released? I can't find a download anywhere. The author indicates an update from 3 years ago but no link. I want to try it mainly for curiosity.

Okay.  Giving it another shot in the dark here.  I might be able to provide a (slightly) better description of this one after trawling my memory.  It's a level from a megawad that was about halfway in.  Starts out in caves.  You come outside, cross some water, then there are these really wide steps with Imps spread far apart on them.  Then you hit this huge open area with a white marble structure far in the distance.  It's a custom texture, not any marble texture found in Doom or Doom II.  There are steps leading up to entrances on the side of this structure, and Arch-Viles are inside waiting to come out and attack you.  Does this sound familiar to anyone?  The whole megawad simulates a journey through a world--the previous level was all caves, hence the caves at the beginning of the level in question.  Is there anyone who can name this megawad?

I only have a vague memory of a small section of this map, I know it's a rather old map though, at least 15 years, maybe older. Darker textures were used, distinct memory of fighting chaingunners in this area.

map.jpg

So i need desperate help(sorry for the lenghty post and the bad english)
Along time ago i played a doom wad and a doom mod and it was the best i ever played, if possible could anyone give me the names or links of both?
Wad Description(5 level wad if i am not wrong)
I started on a strange darkish zone, with a few stairs by my side, that lead to nothing, and a bridge that lead to a big building , that was surrounded by idk 10 imps, super fast imps, both in movement and in attack speed. after i entered the building it would present itself with a unique arquitecture with custom walls.
On another level it would be a giant maze with literally revenant fire balls flying that would run to me as soon as i got close or shoot at them, after the maze i would be in a sky like zone with several moving plataforms and a tower in the midle that would lead to 5 other zones, 4 that we could go at the start and the 5º at the midle.
In the end(another level) i would be killed by 5 cyberdemons, to then go to a limbo like zone, with 3 roads and a house, one to heaven another to hell.
And at the final level i would fight those 5 cyberdemons at the same time and would go up some stairs and fight the icon of sin, attacking one eye, then the other then his mouth and it would finish the level and the best wad i ever played
Mod Description
The mod was much simpler to explain, i would have a shield that would regenerate over time, health bar, on each side of the screen, i could also jump super high and run really fast but that would end my shields for a time(these last thing i am not 100% sure). The BFG had 2 settings one was a fast fire machine gun like, the other was a slower, sniper like shoot that it would heat alot the gun, the mod also addded a  ton of new enemies, made alot of the imps looks like soldiers, but added new imps like a black one that shoot green balls and more
Thank you for your time :)

Edited by SeirenPT : I remenbered more information

8 hours ago, SeirenPT said:

So i need desperate help(sorry for the lenghty post and the bad english)
Along time ago i played a doom wad and a doom mod and it was the best i ever played, if possible could anyone give me the names or links of both?
Wad Description(5 level wad if i am not wrong)
I started on a strange darkish zone, with a few stairs by my side, that lead to nothing, and a bridge that lead to a big building , that was surrounded by idk 10 imps, super fast imps, both in movement and in attack speed. after i entered the building it would present itself with a unique arquitecture with custom walls.
On another level it would be a giant maze with literally revenant fire balls flying that would run to me as soon as i got close or shoot at them, after the maze i would be in a sky like zone with several moving plataforms and a tower in the midle that would lead to 5 other zones, 4 that we could go at the start and the 5º at the midle.
In the end(another level) i would be killed by 5 cyberdemons, to then go to a limbo like zone, with 3 roads and a house, one to heaven another to hell.
And at the final level i would fight those 5 cyberdemons at the same time and would go up some stairs and fight the icon of sin, attacking one eye, then the other then his mouth and it would finish the level and the best wad i ever played
Mod Description
The mod was much simpler to explain, i would have a shield that would regenerate over time, health bar, on each side of the screen, i could also jump super high and run really fast but that would end my shields for a time(these last thing i am not 100% sure). The BFG had 2 settings one was a fast fire machine gun like, the other was a slower, sniper like shoot that it would heat alot the gun, the mod also addded a  ton of new enemies, made alot of the imps looks like soldiers, but added new imps like a black one that shoot green balls and more
Thank you for your time :)

So to those still interested the wad name is: Hell Ground(thank you Keyboard_Doomer)
and the mod was : PROJECT MSX(thank you Icarusilv3s)
Thank you all :)

The ambient piece used at the start of this video was used in a WAD which I've played fairly recently but I can't think of it. Anyone recognize it?

Favourite .wad: Galaxian

Why : made me jump when the imp came from between the crates in a large warehouse section.

It is on my DZone cd disk

I have one that's not a specific WAD but a specific idea- crawling inside of the Icon Of Sin(or any similar large creature) to kill it.

Neo Doom does this in Map29, where you go in its mouth and have to destroy its heart. Junko and one of the Final Doom sequel projects tinker with this, having you able to go into its opened skull presumably after its dead. It's an interesting change from the usual "raising platform to shoot rockets into its opened brain" final boss puzzle but one I've very rarely seen.

Hi all, I'm looking for one of the earliest WADs which employed "advanced" features of modern source ports. The main protagonist was a cyborg and the game had some RPG elements, notably interface similar do PDA in Doom 3 (message reader, objective tracker). From time to time, a checkered pattern flashed over the screen. In the end, this was revealed to be "neural degradation" and the cyborg died from it.

Im looking for specific Skulltag Era HQ/Hangout wads made by someone called Gosimer.

Particularly GosimersBoat.wad/Gosimer's-big-gay-boat.wad, GosimersTown.wad/GosimersTown2.wad, and Gosimer_Secert_Hotel.wad

@joepallai

No, Nimrod is not it. If memory serves, "my" mod happens on a spacestation. Also, the PDA requires one or two special keybinds and I think you're not able to exit the very first room until you use them.

On 9/22/2019 at 8:56 PM, prower said:

I found this post during my annual namesearch

You made me go digging. I recognized THEICE! as being my first map ever made, but it was nowhere on my hard drive. Thankfully my dear old dad (the guy who was running the frad.org server for so long and providing all the frads in #doom2 email addresses for a while) is a hoarder and still has his entire BBS backed up so he managed to find two of them.

Not sure what you're expecting with these, but as the file timestamp indicates, they're from Oct 10 1995 and Dec 12 1995. They're Doom levels made by a 9 year old in the infancy of Doom custom maps. As THEICE!.txt says, "anyone who thinks this one sucks will be greatly surprised when I learn to make doors." And to my 9 year old self's credit my maps did get slightly better after I learned to make doors.

So here you go, attached and fresh out of '95.

FROZEN.ZIP

THEICE!.ZIP

Very cool, glad you found the post, and thanks for digging out the maps.

The name of the WAD that was used as the Doom builder 1 example map and was also used for Map: 22 in Freedoom 0.4.7

does anyone know of a wad that recreates the quake campaign missions? any quake game is ok

On 12/14/2019 at 6:46 PM, Caleb13 said:

@joepallai

No, Nimrod is not it. If memory serves, "my" mod happens on a spacestation. Also, the PDA requires one or two special keybinds and I think you're not able to exit the very first room until you use them.

I've not played it in a long time, but it may be that you're describing RTC-3057?  I remember the checkerboard flashes that you're describing and the space station setting.

7 hours ago, TheOrganGrinder said:

I've not played it in a long time, but it may be that you're describing RTC-3057?  I remember the checkerboard flashes that you're describing and the space station setting.

Yes, that's it, thanks!

I'm interested in some Boom (or lower) compatibility wads with OpenGL/GLBoom+ as the intended or recommended renderer/port. Some examples are Eternal's wads like Frozen Time, Epic 2, and Hell Ground. There is also Bloody Steel with its high-res assets. So anything with additional features for the hardware renderer or just the author recommending a GL port.