• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mortrixs19

Decino getting scammed AGAIN!

Looks like Ling has found his true calling as an english-to-boomer translator 👏

Amazing tas too.

43 minutes ago, Linguica said:

So here a person made a TAS demonstration of that map done pacifist.

Not just a Pacifist TAS, but a Reality Pacifist TAS meaning he took no damage as well. A Pacifist TAS of this map had already been done back in September which was similarly made in response to the "impossible" claim, so decino has basically been double scammed if not more considering a few other of his video's claims have also been countered with new runs.

1 minute ago, Juza said:

Will we ever see someone do it without TAS?

Watch the TAS run to get an idea of how likely a non-TAS is to be.

The only way you can achieve this kind of results is either with total control over the RNG to get enemies to miss all the time, or with IDDQD.

I know it's a TAS, but I still find it impressive how he managed to completely avoid getting hit. Must have taken ages...

32 minutes ago, Gez said:

The only way you can achieve this kind of results is either with total control over the RNG to get enemies to miss all the time, or with IDDQD.

You can cheese majority of map population through opening/closing doors. Were it not for the short claustrophobic tunnel section with monsters rammed in, it would have likely been completed by now.

42 minutes ago, Gaia74 said:

its me or the player hit that sargent? 0:37

It kind of looks like it, but that sergeant was already dying when he punched.

Sick. Now someone do a pacifist reality TAS of Revilution's Fortress of Bullets. I'd love to see that!

Edited by Maggle

What an epic TAS. I don’t know much about making TAS’s but I enjoy watching them and can tell how much effort goes into each. Some are much better than others. The fact that no damage was taken and those tight corridors were cleared of their inhabitants makes this the most impressive one I can think of for quite a while. Amazing.

Thats pretty impressive........but as someone who doesn't know too much about this sort of run , what's all the punching about?

8 minutes ago, Eurisko said:

Thats pretty impressive........but as someone who doesn't know too much about this sort of run , what's all the punching about?

It manipulates the RNG.

12 minutes ago, Edward850 said:

It manipulates the RNG.

Ahhh ok. Cheers dude. I presumed it was for some sort of advantage.

Lol, hello. Thanks everyone

Swinging the fist is essential. Simply changing movement pattern can be sufficient to roll the RNG, but it often becomes a way bigger waste of time or doesn't deliver the desired outcome, especially when speed is the goal. It gets even messier when lots of hitscanners shoot simultaneously, but in that case there's always an option to hide behind another monster or any other obstacle. Hitting someone - or, in this particular case, making a monster hit various other monsters with various damage - would give even more various RNG outputs

Evading hitscans is no harder  than rolling high damage hits or clearing the path on speedy categories. Sometimes even just playing around with input on the frame it shoots is enough. This map isn't even that hard in this category, since hitscanner hordes are easiest to get rid of. The blue key area, however, still deserves a honorable mention. You always need at least one monster on the first end (shotgun guy in my case) to clear it out, and also not get sandwiched inside. I opened / closed the first door accordingly. As said in the txt - have yet to imagine a non TAS run

It might be possible to abuse the blockmap bug in that favor, but i didn't even consider it.

In case someone wants to check for damage done, play the demo with -trace_givendamage 0 parameter and advanced hud on

I always loved how this level is just gunners and imps coming out the ass, but then right in the middle, there's a single demon.

Good ol' TNT...

40 minutes ago, Horus said:

That’s because he is Dutch

Same here. Already kind of guessed as much by the familiar accent, but good to have confirmation.

Hadn't heard of him before this. A Dutch doomer who is also a youtuber, I must be dreaming.

I'm not sure why, but I think it's really funny how there are so many hitscanners an all miss. It's like a Jackie Chan movie.

10 minutes ago, boris said:

I'm not sure why, but I think it's really funny how there are so many hitscanners an all miss. 

Must be stormtrooper fans.

I’m not super familiar with the Doom source code so I don’t know how easy it would be, but has anyone ever messed with it so that when choosing a random number for a hitscan attack, it keeps rolling until it gets one that won’t hurt the player? Basically, whatever demo manipulation is going on except automatically in-game.

11 minutes ago, insertwackynamehere said:

it keeps rolling until it gets one that won’t hurt the player?

I'm not intensely familiar with the source code, but I don't believe any attack can do no damage at all.

The code to calculate the damage from a hitscan attack, for example, is ((P_Random()%5)+1)*3, which can only result in a damage of 3, 6, 9, 12 or 15.

3 hours ago, Bauul said:

I'm not intensely familiar with the source code, but I don't believe any attack can do no damage at all

During the time we messed around with vanilla conveyors we stumbled upon an issue where we'd hit the voodoo dolls with zero damage on ITYTD difficulty. It happened because we gave the dolls a "lovetap" that would deal 1 damage, which would then get halved and rounded down to zero on ITYTD, in which case the dolls wouldn't move for example in Crispy or PrB+. So there is one theoretical condition where you can have an actual zero damage impact, but it's exclusive to ITYTD as far as I'm aware.