Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Dubbag

Doom Builder 2 users. Try this easier trick to save your maps during crashes.

When the error window pops up, hit continue, then hover the mouse cursor over the save button before the window returns, hit the highlighted continue button when it does return using the enter key and then before the window comes back again, hit save. Then when the box does return just hit quit and restart the program and reload the map and it will be just fine. No more progress loss. Works every time and crashes are defeated! Been doing it for years has never failed me. Alternatively you can do the same by pressing continue and then hitting CTRL+S. IDK how many people may know this, but just trying to give a helpful hint. I know alot of people use GZdoom builder now but I still use Doombuilder 2 and I know alot of other people do too.

Edited by Dubbagdarrel

Thank you very much for the tip. Doom Builder 2 crashes were a nightmare when I was working on my last map and severely slowed down my workflow during that time.

Funnily enough I never got GZDoom Builder working correctly in my computer correctly. Gotta try making that thing work again sometime. 

3 hours ago, [Vitz!] said:

Thank you very much for the tip. Doom Builder 2 crashes were a nightmare when I was working on my last map and severely slowed down my workflow during that time.

Funnily enough I never got GZDoom Builder working correctly in my computer correctly. Gotta try making that thing work again sometime. 

I know right? They are always so unpredictable and no one knows what causes them. I tired to get into GZDoom Builder and just didn't like it.

Edited by Dubbagdarrel

i would not recommend saving after that screen. there's a good chance db2 can put the map data into some inconsistent state.

edit: dbx attempts to saves a crash backup, and tells you where it is.

i don't recommend using db2 anymore, dbx or gzdb-bf are the way to go. (full disclosure: i work on dbx)

Edited by anotak

I have never had a single issue with DB2. It has worked amazingly well for me for the last 4+ years. And when I rarely do get these crashes, I lose virtually no progress at all. I have considered moving to DBX or other variants but generally I don't need to move if I already got a good working editor. Exactly the same thing with SLADE3.