Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scorpius

DOOM: Perdition [now on /idgames]

1 hour ago, Egg Boy said:

Keep it up, I NEED to play this.

14 minutes ago, Skootroot said:

Niiiice, keep it up man

Looks like you don't have to wait much longer. I sent the .zip off to the idgames archive last night, just awaiting verification email. If I haven't got that email yet, I will post the .zip here temporarily when I get home. When the file gets hopefully accepted, I will replace the download link to the idgames file.

THE PROJECT IS DONE!

The download link is on the original post. I hope you enjoy playing, and have a merry Christmas! :D

Sorry I took a little while, I had to help a relative in their moving process.

8 minutes ago, Egg Boy said:

Hell yeah. Congrats on the release.

Thank you so much! I honestly thought I would be exhausted after this, but I feel too great. Ready to make more maps soon!

Just now, Scorpius said:

Thank you so much! I honestly thought I would be exhausted after this, but I feel too great. Ready to make more maps soon!

How about some City maps? I feel like you could pull off some fun peterson-like levels :)

6 minutes ago, Egg Boy said:

How about some City maps? I feel like you could pull off some fun peterson-like levels :)

Maybe. Now that you said that, that reminds me. E4M7 was going to be a city level, similar to Karmacoma. It never went anywhere, mostly due to the lack of textures and monsters available in D1 as opposed to D2.

Thank you for Perdition, I was really looking forward to the release of the final! I've played the first map and it's quite tough, just like Hell Beneath.

After collecting all items and finding all secret, I noticed that I was missing four monsters. Unfortunately four Barons were stuck in a small room, they wouldn't teleport in.

Can you or anyone confirm this? I'm playing it on GZDoom 4.2.4. 

Congratulations on the release! Downloading the full mapset now. Hopefully get to playing the rest of it over the weekend. Very excited. 

9 hours ago, CacoLemon said:

Thank you for Perdition, I was really looking forward to the release of the final! I've played the first map and it's quite tough, just like Hell Beneath.

After collecting all items and finding all secret, I noticed that I was missing four monsters. Unfortunately four Barons were stuck in a small room, they wouldn't teleport in.

Can you or anyone confirm this? I'm playing it on GZDoom 4.2.4. 

You may or may not have missed a special message just like in Hell Beneath.

8 hours ago, Pablo_Doom_Guy said:

This and "Doom 64 for Doom 2" on the same day =) yay . Thank you ! 

I didn't realize that was released yesterday as well lol.

4 hours ago, kknot5889 said:

Congratulations on the release! Downloading the full mapset now. Hopefully get to playing the rest of it over the weekend. Very excited. 

Thank you, looking forward to hearing feedback.

7 hours ago, Scorpius said:

You may or may not have missed a special message just like in Hell Beneath.

oooh...okay! I will check this later today. Thanks!

Edit: Okay, got it! It's been a while since I played Ultimate Doom...

Edited by CacoLemon

Hi! In map 2 you can get stuck in the area with the imps where a pillar with a baron lowers. You can straferun across the pillar inside the imp tower with no way to get out.

Map 9: Again, you can get stuck if you jump onto the ledge in the starting area and then fall in the little pit by the red door. Also, how do you get to the switch that lowers the invisibility sphere? Nice spaceship, by the way!

Edited by Firedust

1 hour ago, Firedust said:

Hi! In map 2 you can get stuck in the area with the imps where a pillar with a baron lowers. You can straferun across the pillar inside the imp tower with no way to get out.

Thanks for letting me know, adding this to a change list.

Map 9: Again, you can get stuck if you jump onto the ledge in the starting area and then fall in the little pit by the red door.

How the !@#% is that possible? Thanks for letting me know anyways.

Also, how do you get to the switch that lowers the invisibility sphere? Nice spaceship, by the way!

In the same room, you press the blue switches next to the blue door that opens up a new optional area (with the plasma gun). A switch at the very end of this section will lower and give you access to a locked off tiny room - with an imp and shotgunner - in the invisibility room.

Just now, Scorpius said:

How the !@#% is that possible? Thanks for letting me know anyways.

You jump onto the narrow ledge when you enter the starting area from another door to the west (sorry, I'm one of those dumb people who can't use Doombuilder so I can't tell you what sector it is and what not). Instead of jumping into the water, you straferun onto the narrow ledge and walk all the way round. I did that because I thought there might be a secret there lol. Had to noclip myself out.

Just now, Scorpius said:

In the same room, you press the blue switches next to the blue door that opens up a new optional area (with the plasma gun). A switch at the very end of this section will lower and give you access to a locked off tiny room - with an imp and shotgunner - in the invisibility room.

Okay, I found the plasma gun (guarded by a baron on UV). Didn't see the switch, will check.

Cool episode by the way! You've done a great job recreating the OG E4 aesthetics. Will report more bugs as I progress - should I come across any. Playing in Zdoom 2.8.something so anything Boom- or Vanilla-related will fly past me.

23 minutes ago, Firedust said:

You jump onto the narrow ledge when you enter the starting area from another door to the west (sorry, I'm one of those dumb people who can't use Doombuilder so I can't tell you what sector it is and what not). Instead of jumping into the water, you straferun onto the narrow ledge and walk all the way round. I did that because I thought there might be a secret there lol. Had to noclip myself out.

Huh. Well damn. Didn't even know that was possible. :/

24 minutes ago, Firedust said:

Okay, I found the plasma gun (guarded by a baron on UV). Didn't see the switch, will check.

I forgot to say that it isn't in that baron guarded alcove, it's in the room next to it. Should see cacodemons outside.

24 minutes ago, Firedust said:

Cool episode by the way! You've done a great job recreating the OG E4 aesthetics. Will report more bugs as I progress - should I come across any. Playing in Zdoom 2.8.something so anything Boom- or Vanilla-related will fly past me.

Thank you! I'm glad you are enjoying it so far. Please do let me know about more bugs if you find any!

Map 3 - after you press the switch in the western little tower, the door into the central arena becomes HOM'd. Guessing that's supposed to be a door-blocking texture.

EDIT: How do you get out of the courtyard then? The door's blocked and there's no other way out :( Bug?

EDIT 2: Noclipped to check, and yes, the square walls lowered revealing two barons and a switch. But why is the door into that area blocked off then?

Edited by Firedust

36 minutes ago, Firedust said:

Map 3 - after you press the switch in the western little tower, the door into the central arena becomes HOM'd. Guessing that's supposed to be a door-blocking texture.

EDIT: How do you get out of the courtyard then? The door's blocked and there's no other way out :( Bug?

EDIT 2: Noclipped to check, and yes, the square walls lowered revealing two barons and a switch. But why is the door into that area blocked off then?

Do you mind specifying more about this bug, I don't understand what you are talking about here? So is this after the yellow key and pressed the switch in the other spiral tower room? Is this door the fast walk doors?

P.S. any screenshots would be helpful.

4 minutes ago, Scorpius said:

Do you mind specifying more about this bug, I don't understand what you are talking about here? So is this after the yellow key and pressed the switch in the other spiral tower room? Is this door the fast walk doors?

P.S. any screenshots would be helpful.

I tried making screenies but lightshot keeps messing up for me. Yes, this is after you press the switch in the second spiral tower. The central door becomes blocked off and you can't really go anywhere.

EDIT: If you could tell me how to set up lightshot to take in-game screenies properly, I'll be eternally grateful. Because right now, every time I press prt sc, Zdoom closes and nothing else happens.

1 minute ago, Firedust said:

I tried making screenies but lightshot keeps messing up for me. Yes, this is after you press the switch in the second spiral tower. The central door becomes blocked off and you can't really go anywhere.

Hmm. I have no idea what's happening there. I'll have a better look when I get home. I'm guessing I swapped tags by accident but I won't know until then.

Meanwhile, can you confirm that this happens again or just an anomaly?

1 minute ago, Scorpius said:

Hmm. I have no idea what's happening there. I'll have a better look when I get home. I'm guessing I swapped tags by accident but I won't know until then.

Meanwhile, can you confirm that this happens again or just an anomaly?

Will do!

Whilst we are at it, the supposedly transparent pillar with the invuln sphere on top has a hom on one of the sides too. Same map.

Okay, I think I understand why the door was blocked off. What blocked it actually serves as a platform connecting the western and eastern wings. It rises when you are upstairs and lowers when you are downstairs. The real question is, how did it rise when I was on the other side of the map from where the lines couldn't be triggered? Hm.

15 minutes ago, Firedust said:

Will do!

Whilst we are at it, the supposedly transparent pillar with the invuln sphere on top has a hom on one of the sides too. Same map.

Okay, cheers. Probably messed up when I edited the map.

2 minutes ago, Firedust said:

Okay, I think I understand why the door was blocked off. What blocked it actually serves as a platform connecting the western and eastern wings. It rises when you are upstairs and lowers when you are downstairs. The real question is, how did it rise when I was on the other side of the map from where the lines couldn't be triggered? Hm.

Oh! You mean the "bridges," so I was completely thinking of something else. It's either probably still the same issue with the tags, or you may have missed a trigger to lower it.

The platforms will only rise up when you go near it, e.g. up the stairs or around the nearest corner. It lowers when you go down the same stairs or get too far away from it. This is not only to let the player pass through, but it also fixes an old issue I had where if a platform didnt lower back down and you are opposite it, you would see HOMs or the sky for me in GZDoom.

4 minutes ago, FrancisT18 said:

@ScorpiusLevel 5...looks like you're stuck at the blue switch if you don't have the blue key. Nice tribute level otherwise BTW. :)

Ah, uh. Yeah. How did I miss that? Thanks for letting me know.

Continuing on: on map 4, you can jump through the window to get the RL secret and get stuck :( Sad times.

How do I get to the last 17 enemies in map 4? I know where they are hidden, but can't figure out what triggers them to come out. When I wake them up by IDCLIPing into the room where they are, some of them teleport into the area where the plasma gun lies in a blood pool.

Edit: It's actually two rooms where they are hidden, those being two of the rooms with skull textures in the western part of the map.

Edited by CacoLemon

On 12/22/2019 at 7:14 AM, Firedust said:

Continuing on: on map 4, you can jump through the window to get the RL secret and get stuck :( Sad times.

Fixed.

9 hours ago, CacoLemon said:

How do I get to the last 17 enemies in map 4? I know where they are hidden, but can't figure out what triggers them to come out. When I wake them up by IDCLIPing into the room where they are, some of them teleport into the area where the plasma gun lies in a blood pool.

Edit: It's actually two rooms where they are hidden, those being two of the rooms with skull textures in the western part of the map.

The triggers to activate the monsters in the blood pool room are in that exact pool (in other words, jump in and get the plasma gun). There are three monster teleporters - or skull walls - in the map. One for the blood pool trap, one for the blue key room, and one for the starting area trap.

Hm. I restarted the level a couple of times with different difficulties. Here's what happened when I stepped into the pool... On HNTR, one Imp appears. On HMP, 2 shotgunners appear. But on UV, nothing happens.

Another thing about map 4. At the starting point, right after I kill the first enemy, more enemies spawn in on HNTR and HMP. On UV, again...nothing.

21 hours ago, CacoLemon said:

Hm. I restarted the level a couple of times with different difficulties. Here's what happened when I stepped into the pool... On HNTR, one Imp appears. On HMP, 2 shotgunners appear. But on UV, nothing happens.

Another thing about map 4. At the starting point, right after I kill the first enemy, more enemies spawn in on HNTR and HMP. On UV, again...nothing.

That's strange, it looks fine for me. I even played it in the source port you use, and it works fine. I cannot think of anything that is causing this, I'll look into it later.

38 minutes ago, Scorpius said:

That's strange, it looks fine for me. I even played it in the source port you use, and it works fine. I cannot think of anything that is causing this, I'll look into it later.

I think I solved the riddle. When I change Compatibility Mode from Default to Doom (strict) or Boom (strict), then it works as it's supposed to do. The exact setting seems to be Use Doom's point-on-line algorithm. It has to be set to yes.

But I'm still curious to know what causes the different behavior on different skills.