Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Koko Ricky

UAC-M3: Limit-removing map for Doom 2

UAC-M3_SCREENSHOT.jpg

Third in my series of stand-alone maps reimagining "Knee Deep in the Dead" for Doom 2. This one is based on E1M3, "Toxin Refinery." It takes the general idea of that level and greatly expands on it within the confines of any limit-removing port. It contains an original piece of music specifically written for this mod (from my electronic rock project Visplane Overflow), so be sure to use a .OGG friendly port if you want to hear it!

There are 16 secrets and lots of optional places to explore, so to keep the player from getting overwhelmed I went through painstaking efforts to ensure that each secret, and the general path to the exit, were made obvious through strong visual queues. Settings for easy, medium and hard are implemented as well. Happy shooting!

Download now from ModDb:

https://www.moddb.com/engines/doom-engine/downloads/uac-m3

Pretty standard stuff, I wouldn't mind playing 5 more like this. In retrospect, I chose a wrong path after the start and ended up with no ammo in the acid tunnels. Maybe you could redistribute some ammo from other areas there? Also, there is HOM at linedef 6757 or 7421.

22 hours ago, Caleb13 said:

Pretty standard stuff, I wouldn't mind playing 5 more like this. In retrospect, I chose a wrong path after the start and ended up with no ammo in the acid tunnels. Maybe you could redistribute some ammo from other areas there? Also, there is HOM at linedef 6757 or 7421.

Good call on ammo shortage. I end up thinking I'm being too generous and sometimes it's the other way around. I'll keep that in mind for UAC-M4. How do I check those linedefs in Doom Builder 2?