Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SOSU

What's your favorite time to play Doom?

^
My favorite time to play Doom (and games in general) is early in the morning :D
I don't know why i like it, maybe it reminds me of saturday and sunday mornings watching cartoons and playing games, but i enjoy it more that when it's afternoon (i can't stand playing games at night Dx)

Edited by SOSU

What's your favorite time to play Doom?

Yes

Real answer is any time, but there’s something very enjoyably nerdy and nostalgic about playing at midnight, your room illuminated by nothing but the monitor.. brings back memories of sneaking in extra mapping time late on school nights after my parents had gone to bed!

4 minutes ago, Chainie said:

When i don't have some important stuff to do.

What could be more important than playing Doom!? :P

As a fellow musician shared to me once, the evenings are usually the most suitable times for entertainment. 

Whenever the urges to kill kick in.

Seriously though when it comes to Doom I don't have a preference. There's other games I absolutely have to play at night, like horror games or games where it's always nightime/dark (Deus Ex for example).

On 12/24/2019 at 10:33 PM, Boaby Kenobi said:

I enjoy playing Doom mostly on my laptop in bed at night with headphones.

I'd tried to play like this for a week before I got a serious pain in my both deltoid muscles. Have you ever had the pains like me?

Basically while I am at home. If its singleplayer then it's whenever I feel like so. if it's Chocolate Doom or Zandronum in multiplayer (Vanilla-only!) then I think around the hours of 9am to 12am (I get busy sometimes so time may vary).

24/7.

It's a problem. I haven't eaten or slept in years. I'm almost literally glued to my chair. I never see other people. I've forgotten how to move my legs. I've forgotten what the world looks like. Only Doom is keeping me alive at this point.

Send help.

I actually play doom with a co-worker mostly 1-1. Turns out he knew the game years before me, we even exchanged some heated comments back in the old days on a old doom forum and obviously didn't know each other, so that was a surprise.

Also in the mornings, when I was younger I used to stay until sunrise playing and mapping :)

Midnight, because i enjoy playing Doom the most at that time, while in the dark, with crickets chirping outside.

Winter, pretty much any time of day goes here in Finland. At the current time of year, we have about 5,5 hours of daylight in the south. North, no daylight for many months if you're above the arctic circle. DOOM without lights is a good way to spend the dark times ;)