Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tormentor667

What about Millenium?!

Tormentor667 said:

no hosted site @ DW

http://www.doomworld.com/millennium/index.html . It's been there for absolutely ages.

well... it is kinda hard for dash to say anything on the forums about it. Mainly because he are banned...

Hopefully it's still being worked on :D

One project I am looking forward to, something I can play before I get Doom 3. And a PC to run it.

I talked to Lüt on AIM about Millenium the other day, he said that he won't have much time to work on it, not enough free time, and he says that he won't have much free time for the next few weeks. I asked about Dash, and Lüt said he's a L00nix freak (his exact words, mind you) which means that Dash can't work on it either :(
So, it would seem that Millenium's fate is in the air right now.

Ya, he told me that too... and I'm on the team working on it. It's almost sad seeing it left alone like this with so much done. There are only a few things left to finish up IMO. I think we need another sudden rush like what happened when those guys threatned to release the levels.

Yeah, I don't remember what the estimate of completeness was last time I looked, but I reckon it must have been about 90%. Trying not to give anything away, it looks very sweet, has some very neat programming stuff and new sprites "to die for". There has been very little activity around the Millenium for months now though.

A real shame. This is one that deserves to get finished.

From the GG Inc. site, and DooM World news:

"I've declared the project dead until further notice and I won't be doing any more coding for it till this changes. If history's anything to go by, it'll probably rise again. Heh, it'll probably be the first Doom mod with a development time in double digits."

Joel Murdoch

The Reverend Julian said:

Oh informed users!

My mistake. I meant GG Inc. The Millennium site hasn't been updated since August of last year.

Millenium is the perfect name for the Millenium project. It's gonna take another millenium to get it out the door :P