Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooMer 4ever

Six months, 300 hours of work in total...

Yay, I finally completed riverge.wad (standing for River Of Revenge) and just uploaded it in the incoming. I just hope it will make it to the next /newstuff chronicles...

What is riverge.wad you ask. Well, it is a six level wad for Doom2. I started the project last summer and now it is finally ready. Many thanks to all the playtesters, especially to Grazza! The wad requires a source port and it's tested on Zdoom and Legacy. I would have sent the now released version to new playtesters, but I ran out of time, so I'm not sure if map05 has some problems that I'm not aware of. Damn, I just remembered that I forgot to fix a couple of problems in map04 :(

The levels are very action packed and quite hard too. I tried to make the acrchitecture interesting to watch (interesting but not very higly detailed) with many places that could exist in real life (a factory, boat, train, spaceship and so on). There are still some weird thinks like the starting room that should like the same as the ending room in the previous level but does not :( I would have fixed those too, but like I said, I ran out of time.

There's new music in every level, hope you like it. I know I do! There are no special source port effects, but source port is requred because some/most of the levels are too big for original doom2.exe. This is my first wad ever btw, please remember that :)

ANY feedback is higly appreciated, so I could leard to make better levels. And one more think, I know that map01 sucks, please don't stop playing because of it!

I only hope map02 will work right. I've had so many problems with it that I think the level is about to explode (once it did, all the sector data was somehow erased and there were only hundreds of linedefs remaining, all starting from the center of the map). Never erase sectors in Doomcad...

Congratulations on getting it finished. I expect this will be a great wad (it was pretty impressive at beta stage too).

Thanks, there aren't that many changes to the beta though. Just one new level, quite a lot of texture alignment and some texturing done and a few gameplay changes. I didn't even have time to test it properly so I hope that there aren't any too big mistakes remaining.

Searcher said:

Cool! You can bet I will be sure to grab it as soon as it hits newstuff. Thanks.

Yes.

Even though i've heard of it, I never really looked into it before :P

Sounds like you put in a lot of work, so that's a must play by me. ;)

The wad can be now downloaded at
http://www.gamers.org/pub/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/p-r/riverge.zip

Damn, I just noticed that in MAP05 the red key is placed too high. You can take it in zdoom, but at least on legacy it is impossible without using jump :( Well, I guess I could upload a upgraded version of it someday and add difficulty settings in it too.

Yes, It should work on Jdoom and any other openGL port though I have tested it only on Legacy and Zdoom, but you propably have to use jump in Jdoom too in MAP05.

The wad did not make it to the newstuff chronicles of this week, so I would be really happy if someone could play it this week and tell me what they think of it, because I'm going to army next monday and I won't be seeing the comments on the wad for a long time I guess.

DooMer 4ever said:

I'm going to army next monday and I won't be seeing the comments on the wad for a long time I guess.

Good Luck man!

I'll be back with some reviews, hopefully soon!

Nick Perrin said:

Good Luck man!

I'll be back with some reviews, hopefully soon!

Thanks, luck will surely be needed :)

Ultimate DooMer, a thousand thanks for the review.