Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Longsword97

I want to modify Doom 2's HUD textures (Slade)

I just want to modify the back part, not Doomguy's face or anything like that, how do you do this in Slade? Also is there a way to export these graphics to use as a template for my new ones?

8 minutes ago, Longsword97 said:

I just want to modify the back part, not Doomguy's face or anything like that, how do you do this in Slade? Also is there a way to export these graphics to use as a template for my new ones?

Yes, it’s all totally possible. Even exporting the original images. Open Doom2 in Slade and go look through the graphics files. Once you find the ones you want, right click and export image. Once you overwrite it in a photo editor, save it with the original file name and import it in your wad using Slade. Then all you have to do is save. Let me know if you need help with it

Just now, Perdition666 said:

Yes, it’s all totally possible. Even exporting the original images. Open Doom2 in Slade and go look through the graphics files. Once you find the ones you want, right click and export image. Once you overwrite it in a photo editor, save it with the original file name and import it in your wad using Slade. Then all you have to do is save. Let me know if you need help with it

Thank you so much. :D

2 minutes ago, Perdition666 said:

I'm trying that but I can't get it to open in GIMP, do I need a different software to export it?

In Slade, export the image as a bmp that may help, if GIMP can’t open it, try using Paint.NET its essentially photoshop but free. It’s what I use for editing. You may be able to export as png in Slade instead of bmp. Once I’m back on my pc in a bit I can try to help even more

1 minute ago, Perdition666 said:

In Slade, export the image as a bmp that may help, if GIMP can’t open it, try using Paint.NET its essentially photoshop but free. It’s what I use for editing. You may be able to export as png in Slade instead of bmp. Once I’m back on my pc in a bit I can try to help even more

No matter what file type I export it as it gives me an error or says the file is corrupted?