Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
AndrewB

Gift exchanges are fun...

Okay, this Christmas I received this as a gift from my Aunt and unrelated Uncle in Edmonton...

Now, it so happens that I received the exact same thing as a gift last Christmas. To my joy, the gift came with a London Drugs gift exchange tag, no receipt required. So last night, I went into London Drugs, browsed around for about half an hour, and finally chose this...

The last one is the only one I have ever watched. Oh, and each one of these were $20 CAD. They've each been tucked into the CD wallet inside my laptop carrying bag.

A pretty good tradeoff if I tell you that much.

Good choices. Dr. Strangelove is a fun movie, something I think you'd enjoy from what I know about you.

I've never had the guts to exchange a gift. Some hang-up about hurting people's feelings. And I've gotten some real stinker gifts over the years, too. :P

Groundhog day was actually pretty good when I saw it. I always used to think that it was gonna be a horrible movie, since normally I don't really like Bill Murray. But in this case I enjoyed the film. Original script idea, I love it.

IMJack said:

I've never had the guts to exchange a gift. Some hang-up about hurting people's feelings.

You shouldn't feel that way. When I give people a present I'm always prepared for it to be a potential target for exchanging - what matters to me is that people are pleased with the end result. No good in giving people a pressie and then it turns out that they already have something similar to what I gave them, but they dare not to exchange it.

Could you have kept the new mouse and exchanged the old mouse (passing it off as the new one)?

Once I recieved a Tool CD (Ænima) from my parents for Christmas. To my surprise, my grandparents and my sister also gave me Ænima also...

All of this is crazy, because the day before I bought the fucking CD myself.

Ichor said:

Could you have kept the new mouse and exchanged the old mouse (passing it off as the new one)?

I thought about that for about 2-3 seconds (trying to be as accurate as possible on that figure), but concluded that 1) I would have to break the package seal, 2) I didn't like the idea of some schmo opening up a mouse box to find a 1-year-old-looking mouse with scratches and discoloration on it, and 3) there's really no advantage to doing so as the one I have works perfectly.

Heh, that's why I get gift vouchers, then I can choose my own gift ^_^

Like this brand new spanking copy of the AC/DC live album :D

Good choices. Dr. Strangelove is my 2nd favorite war movie, next to Apocalypse Now.

Groundhogs day isn't too bad either.

North by North West is also an excellent film, very colourful, full of 1950s nostalgia.

Dr. Strangelove is, IMO, Sellers best ever performance and the film itself is absolutely brilliant.