Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gerardo194

Resurrecting the missing Doom64 monsters. ("missing" weapon animations done)

thank you, my friend. Actually I'm a little worried that this project has taken too much time... I think people have lost interest in it... But I will finish this.

Edited by Gerardo194 : typos

I am very interested in this project! When sprites come out, boy are people gonna be annoyed with me shilling it. :D

On 1/6/2020 at 8:39 AM, ThrashMetalFanBert94 said:

i am looking forward on this, this should be great for brutal doom 64

Why do you think so??, lol

Nice work.I hope to be able to play this soon :D

(i also doom 64 paletted the wolfstien ss you made)

ssw64.png

On 1/7/2020 at 6:59 PM, n64quake said:

ssw64.png

look noice

wow cool to see concepts and scrapped content coming back into the realm of doom64! I wanted to implement similar features on my unnamed project. Keep up the good work!

On 1/7/2020 at 6:59 PM, n64quake said:

ssw64.png

Wow, that looks great!!! Thank you!!

10 hours ago, Angelloproduct said:

wow cool to see concepts and scrapped content coming back into the realm of doom64! I wanted to implement similar features on my unnamed project. Keep up the good work!

Thank you, Angello!! Actually I didn't know about the cut content until some members here told me about it... So thanks to them as well!

Edited by Gerardo194

I like the redesigns of the monsters. Very well fitting. I would like to see those hooks around the Rev's wrists disappear tho.

Spoiler

The crowd agrees.

466986519_Crowdagrees.gif.264f26022851aaaa944c9a49a75664ae.gif

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2020 at 10:27 AM, Gerardo194 said:

Wow, that looks great!!! Thank you!!

Thank you, Angello!! Actually I didn't know about the cut content until some members here told me about it... So thanks to them as well!

no problem! Most of the enemies couldn't make it into the final version due to the memory limitation that the N64 cartridge can hold. I saw your post on twitter last year.

1 minute ago, Gerardo194 said:

Oh that's great and thank you very much!!! What's your Twitter username?? Do you currently follow me?? 

should be the same as Doomworld

Oh yeah, I just remember it!! I can't believe time flies fast... Sometimes I don't use my Twitter hehe... I really want to see them in action soon. 

Edited by Gerardo194 : N

Amazing.  I often forget the SS is a thing, and here you are, making an awesome render of him.  Well done.

On 2/2/2020 at 9:20 PM, Gerardo194 said:

Thank you very much!!! Should be there a Keen a la Doom 64 graphics?? 

Totally! just for cosmetic, but who know, maybe someone wants to make a map with that in mind.

Also, a little comment by me if it doesn't bother you.
The Arch-Vile in the first page looks eeriely similar to a recolored Imp, somehow, i think the legs have to be a little larger, and the spikes, that looks cool in the archie, i think they have to be in some other place than the shoulders at it is one of the funamental design characteristics of the Imp. Also THE FINGERS, archvile have some awfully scary fingers
Hope this little feedback helps.

I really hope this project makes it to fruition. These assets are something Doom 64 has needed for a long time and it could really enrich the kind of content we could make in the modding scene.

On 2/2/2020 at 7:20 PM, Gerardo194 said:

Should be there a Keen a la Doom 64 graphics?? 

Maybe there's another character from Midway games that they could have used?

1 hour ago, Nevander said:

Maybe the Paperboy? :P

On 2/6/2020 at 1:41 PM, P41R47 said:

Totally! just for cosmetic, but who know, maybe someone wants to make a map with that in mind.

Also, a little comment by me if it doesn't bother you.
The Arch-Vile in the first page looks eeriely similar to a recolored Imp, somehow, i think the legs have to be a little larger, and the spikes, that looks cool in the archie, i think they have to be in some other place than the shoulders at it is one of the funamental design characteristics of the Imp. Also THE FINGERS, archvile have some awfully scary fingers
Hope this little feedback helps.

Thank you, P41R47... I'm so sorry for disappointing you about the Arch Vile's design but it is finished now... No more changes won't be applied. Regarding the spikes, of course he has more...

On 2/6/2020 at 4:15 PM, Nevander said:

On 2/6/2020 at 5:29 PM, taufan99 said:

Maybe the Paperboy? :P

On 2/6/2020 at 6:20 PM, traversd said:

Goro came to mind for some reason. It could throw 2 (or 4!) Baron attacks at a time.

There will be (if possible) a reference to a William's game but not in this time...

On 2/7/2020 at 2:45 PM, Sgt Nate V said:

How about GORF?

That was an interesting game, but I already have a character from a William's game that possibly will appear in the future...

On 2/6/2020 at 2:41 PM, GoatLord said:

I really hope this project makes it to fruition. These assets are something Doom 64 has needed for a long time and it could really enrich the kind of content we could make in the modding scene.

I relly hope so... What makes me sad is this project has taken almost 2 years and there have been no releases... Sometimes I think they will never be released...

If it's Williams and not Midway then I guess it's not Satan's Hollow you're hinting at :(

Could it be Sinistar? He does happen to resemble the demon keys.

1 minute ago, SiFi270 said:

If it's Williams and not Midway then I guess it's not Satan's Hollow you're hinting at :(

Could it be Sinistar? He does happen to resemble the demon keys.

YOU ARE THE WINNER!!! Sinistar is the one who was planned to appear years ago...