Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

Signing off

Damn... I'm... Speechless. Though I've really never had the chance to actually meet Ling, he's always seemed like a great person to me. I've not been on the forums for quite a while (Members of the old software will most likely recognize my username. If you really wanna know, ask), but I've been here everyday, I've got to know the members by how they act on the forums. And Ling leaving is like a death in the family for me...

Ah well, so long, man. Good luck on your further journeys.

Insomniac said:

I have my hunch that this might be a publicity stunt or a trick
(remember, I was right about Lüt's "death")

If he is going, insert sappy farewell message here.

if it's a trap, not funny.

you suck, fradbasket

Truly the end of an era

Ling we support you in any choice you have made for your life and your future.

You will be sorely missed by all.

Good luck. Come back and see us.

lament said:

Why does everyone seem shocked? I thought most people saw this coming, in some form or other.

Nope, didn't see that coming. How the Hell should I be able to see that comin? I rarely participate actively on irc y'know and therefore I never read a word about ling wanting to leave.

Oh well, let's see what happens next.
Maybe ling will return as a regular Member one day...
[edit]Seems I was right about that last bit[/edit]

You will be remembered as one of the founding fathers of this great site. Hopefully, you will all remember him and that DOOM will live forever!! SO WILL DOPEFISH!! DOPEFISH LIVES!!!

/me reads ling's post

This place won't be the same without you, Ling. I enjoyed this place since day one. and will continue to. DW is the best, and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

/me falls over, foaming at the mouth

I still remember being at my friends house reloading FuncE like 14 times so we could get hit 10,000 (?) which we were promised to be included in an easter egg in ID4doom. Bastards jipped us! =)

Thank You Linguica.

WTF, you cant quit, you're Linguica damnit..

I guess what I mean is I can't imagine anybody taking your place. Thanks for all the work you've done on Doomworld.

Well, at least you didn't know about my shedding on the forums. :P
So long, and thanks for all the fish. (reprise)

I'd howl at the moon, but well, that's just not me.
Oh what the hell.
/me howls :(

well, this is unexpected news...

first I wanted to apologize for being an asshole back then, and thanks for putting up with me.

Doomworld is what made Doom more alive, and will be one of the best Doom sites ever.

p.s: counterstrike players should die.

Insomniac said:

I have my hunch that this might be a publicity stunt or a trick
(remember, I was right about Lüt's "death")

If he is going, insert sappy farewell message here.

if it's a trap, not funny.

Insomniac, you're a retard of the highest order.

Well, I can't say I didn't see this coming, though I didn't expect it coming so soon with so little warning. But anyway, this is perhaps the end of one era, for better or for worse, and it shall be interesting to see where Doomworld goes from here. Well, here's to the future - the unpredictable ever changing beast formed from the hands of man and will of nature alike. Shnoogins.

ravage said:

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Hey! I'm the one who makes the fishies here! :-P

Well Thanks for starting and maintaining Doomworld all these many years. With execption to ID software's Doom site; Doomworld is the best there is.. and I go here atleast 5 times a day or more.(I have no life BTW) Well take it easy Ling..

/me climbs out of his cave...

In this little world that is the Doom Community, it still seems like such a big deal. You were the cornerstone, be proud of that.

I wish you luck in your future endeavors.

Ling, i havent been here to long, maybe a year and a half, but i will certanly miss you. I never knew that the DOOM comunity was so large until i stumbled acrost doomworld.com. It was amazing to see all the other people that really were into it as much as i was. Ive also made some great online friends, and ive met Tobester, and we hang out sometimes.

i prolly speak for us all, but i dont think that DW will be the same w/o you.

Gh0sT

[sniffle]
I can't write this in English.
[noise of wet kleenex hitting trashcan]
And STAY OUT OF THIS, Bloodshedder, you will ruin its meaning if you translate it with that dinky program of yours.
[more noseblowing]
And don't yell at me, BBG, or I'll cry.

IN MEMORIAM TE TENEBIMVS, LINGVICA.

TVVS MAXIMVM OPVS CONSERVEMVS SEMPER.

VBI ABES, OPTATVS ERIS MAESTITER.

NOLI EXERE! AI!

the internet seems like a useless icon placed upon a desktop that is easy to ignore, but sadly, its become an empty place as we all feel we have lost something truely great upon this day. While truth be known, you move to greater things, to me it feels like the last leg of the doom living legends has finally taken his bow.

Thanks for giving us a place where doom is fun to play time and time again.

Ling edited a news post on Doomworld to tell the world that my Doom Arcade project rocks and offered me webspace for it.

You rock Ling.

It takes balls to build up a site as big as this one and survive through all the shit that gets thrown your way for as long as you have. Have fun with whatever you decide to do next.