Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

My first time trying out custom assets, with new weapons, monsters, sprites and textures. Gonna see how it turns out. 

WAD.JPG

On 12/14/2019 at 5:17 PM, The_SloVinator said:

New E1M3

Looks cool :) 

Let me know if you need a playtester

1 hour ago, NiGHTMARE said:

Hope to have this out sometime next year.

Is it made from scratch or just edited original? Looking good anyway.

My first slaughter wad - IDDQD Arena. As you know I'm not a slaughter wad fan at all so this junk is rather unplayable as is for fun purposes only, such as fastweapons, notarget, etc.

A Cyberdemon and Spiderdemon duel it out on the court and over 28,000 spectators will attempt to destroy the fight. Has Coop and DM starts. The arena organ plays away in the background with renditions of songs from 2002ado, WOS, Zone 300 and a few originals thrown in.

A Cray Supercomputer with the most insane, fast graphics cards will help.

Screenshot_Doom_20191221_033734.png

AREIDDQD.zip

Edited by pcorf

21 minutes ago, pcorf said:

A Cray Supercomputer with the most insane, fast graphics cards will help. 

As soon as I fired a gun, I got 1 fps on a 2080ti in gzdoom 4.2.0. Is gzdoom multi threaded? Curious if this level might be a good test with a 16 core CPU maybe.

13 minutes ago, ukiro said:

As soon as I fired a gun, I got 1 fps on a 2080ti in gzdoom 4.2.0. Is gzdoom multi threaded? Curious if this level might be a good test with a 16 core CPU maybe.

I don't think it is, yet.

Graf mentioned that was on the to do list iirc.

12 minutes ago, ukiro said:

Just use notarget in zdoom console. Less spectators on easier skills. 16 core CPU, haha maybe 2fps.

After the cancellation of my first Mod, Entering The Impending Chaos, I stopped anything related to DooM mapping, however..

Since the beginning while I was working on ETIC, I had another Project on mind..

I won't show you much, as anyways there will be a short version of E1S1 as the Demo, so just have two normal screenshots for now~

Screenshot_Doom_20191218_001712.png

Screenshot_Doom_20191218_001722.png

Screenshot_Doom_20191220_000646.png

4 hours ago, damned said:

Is it made from scratch or just edited original? Looking good anyway.

E1, which is what I'm focusing on for release next year, is entirely based on the original levels.

I have not only the rest of Doom 1 but also Doom 2 on the back burner, and of these E2M1, E2M2, and E2M7 are partially from scratch (due to copy'n'pasting in areas from old projects), and E4M7 and MAP08 are entirely from scratch (the former is one of the first remakes I ever started, and the latter was that it was easier than enlarging areas in the original level).

I hope to upload screenshots from all other in-progress levels before the new year.

10 hours ago, NiGHTMARE said:

Hope to have this out sometime next year.

Hide contents

ftLwq3N.png

nny1my1.png

92FDFV5.png

oVXyeb3.png

9n7NBHm.png

i9ekcre.png

qnzGaiZ.png

eso71vo.png

jHWyTXz.png

I have long wanted to see something like that. Hopefully, I won't have to redo my HD texture pack for this. :)

Started spreading out the existing sections (so I can cram shit between them later most likely knowing me, which is the way I like it).   The duplicate, rotated sectors is just me figuring out a good way to reuse that bit of the old map; not sure if any of them will be kept just yet.    The upper NE section will most likely get pared down.

I like the new location of the old exit, just have to make connections to it once I figure out the key card order.  

1556974716_Map06.png.6d3d44486ce3bd4d8965ae12a094298b.png

I'm liking the all grey theme with blue carpets so much better than what I had used before (STARTAN).  

1452714054_PUREDOOM06start.png.aed5e3115790efb9a097d6877c127712.png

766407025_PUREDOOM06comproom1.png.48a64f18828f9db30b361bbaeab9d7e1.png

Things to do:          I'm going to need to use some different ceiling/floor flats if I want this to have an old section angled 45 degrees.

Figure out the map's flow and minimize the back tracking that was originally inherit to this map.

Insert the Maintenance Section that I always wanted into the central building.

Reuse the NW building and improve on it's original purpose (it was way too cramped even back then)

I'm pretty happy with how this effect turned out.

EDIT: added the outdoor version.

Edited by Szuran

I am working on a manual for my Kaiser X mod, this will detail every enemy that is in my mod in addition to some extra things like a bit of history, will detail each enemy's parameters such as their level of danger, their name, skills and most importantly , the weakness.Screenshot_Doom_20191223_195728.png.000e13000db8bd9d2af365beac8b1428.png 

image.png

(yeah is in spanish for now, but i will translate them to english :P)

Starting work on a vanilla (Well, probably limit removing) hell map (For something different).

8MYHeLR.png

Ee6LYvL.png

oZFvkD4.png

Feels a bit monotextured at the moment (Redrock and brown stone)... Not sure how to make it interesting with vanilla textures, but that's another story.

Deimos techbases are fun.  This one started out with the intention of being an E2M4 fill-in by the name of "Quarantine" but maybe "Deimos Sketchbook" fits it better since it's coming out a bit disjointed.

49307612267_3f5b6092b0_h.jpg

On 12/29/2019 at 10:28 PM, Gaia74 said:

I am working on a manual for my Kaiser X mod, this will detail every enemy that is in my mod in addition to some extra things like a bit of history, will detail each enemy's parameters such as their level of danger, their name, skills and most importantly , the weakness.Screenshot_Doom_20191223_195728.png.000e13000db8bd9d2af365beac8b1428.png 

image.png

(yeah is in spanish for now, but i will translate them to english :P)

I'm late but I may read that once I can, it's cool that you make a guide with visuals for the understanding of stuff inside your mod :p

I am also planning to do this on the form of a PDA soon or later for my Mod, and I'm also writing it on Spanish xD, but it's because It's easier to write and understand it like that than if you do it from the start on english. (Though I write some sections in english, liike the Titles)

Good luck with that!

52 minutes ago, Archanhell said:

I'm late but I may read that once I can, it's cool that you make a guide with visuals for the understanding of stuff inside your mod :p

I am also planning to do this on the form of a PDA soon or later for my Mod, and I'm also writing it on Spanish xD, but it's because It's easier to write and understand it like that than if you do it from the start on english. (Though I write some sections in english, liike the Titles)

Good luck with that!

Thank you! Of course it is easier to write it from Spanish in first xD, I plan to release both versions anyway and probably first release the one in Spanish so that people can give me their opinion, I will also read your PDA if you do it, good luck too! :P