Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kinker31

Doom-guy Demon-Infested Base #31: The Movie: The WAD: The Mapping Exersize

Hello fine gentlemen's, I am here to present to you a Doom II map using GZDoom Editor's "Doom: Doom II (Doom Format)" configuration. So no 3D floors or any fancy-schmancy stuff I'd probably rely on, I dunno, and was also an excuse to get to know what the heck the linedefs do.

Doom-Guy #31 is a map that tires to take place in all three of the usual settings of Doom 2: Technology, Outside, and Satan-Land, as well as a whole buttload of monsters that have the fancy property of having difficulty filters! ...That's still considered impressive, right?

Oh, and screenshots:

chocolate_doom_31.png.5dfcba770702b6fc579da66b38cac82f.pngprboom_31.png.72ae12438c2314e14a465860b807eb1b.png

(Left: Chocolate Doom, Right: PrBoom [OpenGL])

Doom-Guy #31 should run under anything compatible with PrBoom and/or Chocolate Doom, though Chocolate does a few weird things with stairs at the brick house/Stairway to demonfest parts, no idea how that happens, no idea how to fix it.

v1.01 Update: Fixed Tutti-Frutti bug when going through stairs when running the game under Chocolate Doom (probably should've changed the WADINFO file to reflect that), and made arena where you have to push the switch a little brighter.

Agressively Push on Butt to Download!

Download v1.0

Edited by kinker31

1 hour ago, kinker31 said:

Doom-Guy #31 should run under anything compatible with PrBoom and/or Chocolate Doom, though Chocolate does a few weird things with stairs at the brick house/Stairway to demonfest parts, no idea how that happens, no idea how to fix it.

Mmm... Did the stairs texture shows weird, like with weird colored lines or similar thing?

You've just encountered a Tutti-frutti bug in your map, you can fix by removing the lower-unpegged flag to your stair textures or just putting the axys of your textures at 0,0

5 hours ago, Walter confetti said:

Mmm... Did the stairs texture shows weird, like with weird colored lines or similar thing?

You've just encountered a Tutti-frutti bug in your map, you can fix by removing the lower-unpegged flag to your stair textures or just putting the axys of your textures at 0,0

They did, found the bug, fixed the bug (and made the final demon arena a bit less dark while I was at it), and the fixed version will be up soon.

Hmm, this map just kinda... sucks. It's too small with too many hitscaners and lost souls in dark rooms. I was getting gangbanged by all the enemies squeezed into the tight spaces. Maybe that is just my big stinky opinion, but I honestly don't like this map at all, not even a little bit.

2 hours ago, Sir Hattington said:

Hmm, this map just kinda... sucks. It's too small with too many hitscaners and lost souls in dark rooms. I was getting gangbanged by all the enemies squeezed into the tight spaces. Maybe that is just my big stinky opinion, but I honestly don't like this map at all, not even a little bit.

There is considerably less enemies when playing on "Hurt me Plenty", and much less when playing on "Hey, Not Too Rough", though I do understand your aggravation with hitscanners and tightly-packed enemies, which I think was what killed your enjoyment of this map.

Plus, this is a mapping exercise, I'm just trying to learn the intricate flow of this crazed labyrinth called "Doom Level design", there's only so much I can come up with before running into mapper's roadblock.