Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
StoneFrog

What are your other hobbies?

I've been making maps since my dad bought me Civilization III, and I probably won't stop with Doom anytime soon. I like drawing and photography, which feel related sometimes. But I also write poetry and started learning electric bass because I love music. Hbu?

Computing at the moment. I have 24 laptops, including 11 Thinkpads and 5 Dell Latitudes. Also a bit of an Ebay addict of late, and make almost daily bids in the auctions.

I don't really have any hobbies, but recently I obtained a decent electric piano keyboard thing. I suppose learning how to play it is now a hobby. I can do an okay job if I just freestyle it and play whatever. I'd like to actually be able to play a song, then be able to replay it. I also want to learn how to read the sheet music so I can play existing songs. One day at a time I suppose. I did up a shitty recording yesterday of a random session.

I've been playing guitar and writing tunes since my teens. I wish I was more active about it.

I'm part of a regular group that plays tabletop games, it's mainly been D&D so far but, this week I'm going to try my hand at running a very different game called Blades in the Dark. I'm pretty nervous about it but also kind of glad to be doing something different from D&D, and technically I've tried GMing before but I'd barely count it so this will be my real start doing it. 

I also like playing board games on a weekly basis, one because a good friend I have that works most of the week goes too, and it is an enjoyable, social hobby. I'd recommend it to anyone. 

And my main hobby is writing, which for now I'm working on a project of doing my own interpretation of my favourite thing ever. Going forward I plan to mainly put stuff up on my deviantart page - https://www.deviantart.com/hybridial

I could see me doing various things in future, for example the Shadowrun universe really appeals to me and I could see me trying my hand at writing stuff in it, otherwise I have several projects in the waiting that are original. I just really need to to devote more time to it than I have been.

Other than mapping, I also enjoy drawing and collecting glass pop bottles as well as special edition or foreign coinage.

Oh, and I've recently gotten into Table Top RPGs (mostly D&D 5E, some Pathfinder)

Thought I'd just update to say that Blades in the Dark game went great, I really enjoyed it and I think I will play a lot more of it in future.