Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
maxmanium

Game suggestions for Nintendo Switch

Cue PC ports joke.

Personally if I had a Switch I'd be very interested in The Ninja Saviours: Return of the Warriors, which I hope gets a PC release some time. If you're into brawlers at all, that one looks great. 

Nintendo's first party titles have very wide appeal across basically all demographics. You'll probably find a lot that you'll love in those games alone.

Other than that, the system has attracted just about every kind of game, especially games traditionally on PC and console only and never would otherwise see a handheld release (assuming you care about playing the Switch as a handheld). Practically every indie game from the past 6~10 years has been ported to it, too.

15 minutes ago, chungy said:

Nintendo's first party titles have very wide appeal across basically all demographics. You'll probably find a lot that you'll love in those games alone.

Other than that, the system has attracted just about every kind of game, especially games traditionally on PC and console only and never would otherwise see a handheld release (assuming you care about playing the Switch as a handheld). Practically every indie game from the past 6~10 years has been ported to it, too.

That's good to know.

Don't own one, but I've heard Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Odyssey are good. I had Breath of the Wild on Wii U, and I can attest that it is a good game. It's not the next coming of Jesus or anything, but it's pretty enjoyable. 

Other than that, I haven't really paid attention to the system. Shovel Knight is good if you haven't played that yet. And Binding of Isaac if you like roguelike dungeon crawlers.

5 hours ago, hybridial said:

Cue PC ports joke.

I've seen people complain about this so many times, and it makes me wonder if said people actually understand how programming games works. Nobody ever claims/complains that Doom was a NeXT port.

51 minutes ago, Jello said:

And Binding of Isaac if you like roguelike dungeon crawlers.

I personally found Enter the Gungeon to be a better game on Switch.

The M2 port of Esprade just came out on switch, I think. Esprade is great.

Also, Strikers 1945 (1 or 2) and Dragon Blaze are quite solid if a bit drab, Raiden V is probably nice enough.

If you're into cute puzzle games, I do recommend pan-pan. It involves your little character solving puzzles and trying to repair their spaceship. Not finished it yet but it does seem to be charming. :)

On 1/2/2020 at 7:04 PM, Edward850 said:

I've seen people complain about this so many times, and it makes me wonder if said people actually understand how programming games works. Nobody ever claims/complains that Doom was a NeXT port.

Games ported into PC have also gotten better (somewhat) as the years went by, unlike the previous two decades when they performed poorly compared to their console counterparts.

3 hours ago, HavoX said:

Games ported into PC have also gotten better (somewhat) as the years went by, unlike the previous two decades when they performed poorly compared to their console counterparts.

I think that also depends on how much are the devs willing to invest in porting the games. The rushed/poor ones are typically the ones where they couldn't be bothered to make them good enough, but simply something that works.

If you're into RPG's the Switch has a fantastic selection of them, my favourite so far would likely be Octopath Traveller though.

I feel strongly about breath of the wild, very good game. Climb stuff and light shit on fire.