Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

Share a random fact about yourself

I have the unexplainable habit of staring at profile pictures that just so happen to capture my attention, even if the said image doesn't appeal to me for any specific reason.

Ever since Megaton Edition released, I've done a playthrough of Duke: Nuclear Winter in December, every year. Even though it's terrible.

Please help me.

my grandpa has a shelby cobra. When I was around 7 or so he took me driving on some barren farm roads and we were going around 120-140 mph.

and when we got back home I fell and landed my hand right on the exhaust pipe. yoinks

I am the bass player in the experimental metal band, DIOXIS! We're planning on recording a full length 12 track album to start off 2020 with a bang! Looking forward for this new year.

You can find us on Facebook, Youtube and Reverbnation to name a few.

Depending on whose posts I read, I tend to read them in text-to-speech (Daniel).

I've been reading my posts in that voice almost exclusively as of late rofl, and I dunno why.

I was arrested for stealing from Tower Records when I was 16 and convicted with a felony. Put on probation and eventually went to a continuation school with Jason Richter (Free Willy) and Lana Davies (daughter of Dave Davies from the band The Kinks). It's a long story (for a forum post) and there is quite a bit involved. Therapy, anti-depressants, a friend who was murdered by her boyfriend and poppy seed cake that my Grandma made being the cause of a failed drug test, extending my probation and sending a few other events in motion. I'm writing a short story about it currently, which I intend to also make a screenplay of. 

I bought a new mechanical keyboard after using the same Logitech one for over 12 years. Some of the buttons were no longer functioning properly, especially around the WASD region.

2 hours ago, Spectre01 said:

I bought a new mechanical keyboard after using the same Logitech one for over 12 years. Some of the buttons were no longer functioning properly, especially around the WASD region.

Funny, I was thinking about buying a mechanical keyboard when my current one dies. I wonder how long will it take for me to get used to it, I've heard these buttons are pretty hard to press, and what I experienced with a friend's seems to confirm this - it was quite annoying to type anything on it.

Speaking of which, my current keyboard is over 6yrs old I think, and it still works like a charm. I've only replaced one keyboard all those years, they seem to last a very long time if you don't abuse them or don't take the cheap route. Mice, on the other hand, give me grief, I change them almost on a yearly basis - my current mouse's wheel is semi-broken for reference, for a pretty long time too. It kinda still works, but only when it wants to... and I have no money whatsoever to replace it, I need a new PSU first... this, kids, is just one of the reason why you should NEVER buy pre-built computers... They. Do. Not. Last.

8 hours ago, seed said:

I've heard these buttons are pretty hard to press, and what I experienced with a friend's seems to confirm this - it was quite annoying to type anything on it.

I got one with red switches, which I don't find much different to press compared to my old regular keyboard. Various types of switches require different amounts of pressure to register a click, usually ranging from 45-60 grams. Mine is 45, but going higher may be less comfortable to type on at first. Here's an article with some tables which highlight the difference between switches.

I still use a Microsoft Wheel Mouse Optical 1.1a from over 10 years ago. Those who played Q3 back in the day may remember this legend.

16 hours ago, Spectre01 said:

I haven't had much luck with their cheap ones. The two I've used in the past several years died within a year of me using it. Meanwhile, the Microsoft internet keyboard I'm typing on has been trucking on for nearly 20 years.

13 hours ago, seed said:

Mice, on the other hand, give me grief, I change them almost on a yearly basis - my current mouse's wheel is semi-broken for reference, for a pretty long time too. It kinda still works, but only when it wants to... and I have no money whatsoever to replace it, I need a new PSU first... this, kids, is just one of the reason why you should NEVER buy pre-built computers... They. Do. Not. Last.

Yeah, I don't like how mice malfunction much sooner than they should, especially with "gamer" models. I don't know if it's poor QC or planned obsolescence? I've had to open my Logitech G500 several times for the 8 years I've had it, including just a few days ago when the RMB went super fucky. I don't have the cash to spring for a newer 502, not when it has the same issue with the mouse buttons phantom clicking or not being able to drag-and-drop. On-the-fly DPI, adjustable weights, all those marketing gimmicks mean nothing when the mouse doesn't even perform its basic functions.

Your mousewheel may be clogged up with dust and hair. A can of duster might help, or tweezers if you feel like opening up your mouse.

Yeah a good PSU is vital to a computer, and learning that lesson gave me a lot of anguish with my first custom computer. The guy who put it together didn't understand why my computer kept crashing when I was playing games on it and thought the video card was overheating. I eventually found out the el cheapo PSU that came with my case was even worse than the one that came with the HP Pavilion my family got a few months prior.

4 hours ago, unerxai said:

I still use a Microsoft Wheel Mouse Optical 1.1a from over 10 years ago. Those who played Q3 back in the day may remember this legend.

Man, I had a mouse that looked similar to it with a button on each side. That was so great for internet browsing and binding in games. Had so much fun in Counter-Strike and TFC with that mouse, until el cheapo PSU crashed the party and my computer.

Edited by Chow Yun Thin : changed to anguish, because "the hard way" is frying the computer parts

14 hours ago, Chow Yun Thin said:

I haven't had much luck with their cheap ones. The two I've used in the past several years died within a year of me using it. Meanwhile, the Microsoft internet keyboard I'm typing on has been trucking on for nearly 20 years.

Yeah, I don't like how mice malfunction much sooner than they should, especially with "gamer" models. I don't know if it's poor QC or planned obsolescence? I've had to open my Logitech G500 several times for the 8 years I've had it, including just a few days ago when the RMB went super fucky. I don't have the cash to spring for a newer 502, not when it has the same issue with the mouse buttons phantom clicking or not being able to drag-and-drop. On-the-fly DPI, adjustable weights, all those marketing gimmicks mean nothing when the mouse doesn't even perform its basic functions.

Your mousewheel may be clogged up with dust and hair. A can of duster might help, or tweezers if you feel like opening up your mouse.

No it's broken, it basically went into this semi-broken state after a month of use...

It's probably planned obsolescence, so that people will keep on buying more and come to expect that it's normal. No, it's not, the original mouse that came with my previous PC lasted for almost a decade, and I only replaced it because it got so god damn ugly due to years of use. I've changed a ton of mice, and none seems to last long... Sure, the plus side of thes mice is that they have on-the-fly DPI which is really useful, but it eventually turns into little more than a gimmick if the product malfunctions after such a short period of time...

As about the PSU, well again, that's just what happens when you buy pre-builts. Perhaps in other parts of the world they're better but here, buying pre-builds is synonymous with following bad practices. They're notorious for being overpriced and of overall less quality (and more also unstable). I've already replaced 2 components in an otherwise 3 years old PC... first the big cooler broke after cca. 3 months, then after another 3 the first PSU broke (it started sounding like a revving engine), and now, after another year and a half, the second PSU suffers from the same issue. The noise is virtually identical so I assume what the bastards at the warranty service did was just toss the old one and replace it with the exact same shit. I didn't have to pay for it back then, but the warranty is over now, so I have to buy one myself... and right now I've got no money for another...

I am still using a 17" Gateway EV700 CRT as my main computer monitor, which has a resolution of 1600x1200 (Custom Resolution).

1 hour ago, Mortrixs19 said:

I stole my laptop from school

I am interested to see what happens next if you get caught.

1 hour ago, Mortrixs19 said:

I stole my laptop from school

I am proud of you (not 😆)

11 minutes ago, seed said:

I am interested to see what happens next if you get caught.

That was like 4 years ago I don't even go to that school anymore, unless the teacher tracks me and dares to come where I live, it's very unlikely lmao.

18 hours ago, Mortrixs19 said:

That was like 4 years ago I don't even go to that school anymore, unless the teacher tracks me and dares to come where I live, it's very unlikely lmao.

But why did you stole it in the first place?

Meanwhile, on-topic: I've been feeling pretty Sith lately, and I dunno why. I think the SW mood has not worn off yet, but I dunno what triggered it in the first place.

26 minutes ago, seed said:

Meanwhile, on-topic: I've been feeling pretty Sith lately, and I dunno why. I think the SW mood has not worn off yet, but I dunno what triggered it in the first place.

Good... good....

Let the hate flow through you.

4 minutes ago, ReaperAA said:

Good... good....

Let the hate flow through you.

Ah, but I don t even need it, I am beyond such pitiful emotions.

giphy.webp

4 minutes ago, seed said:

Ah, but I don t even need it, I am beyond such pitiful emotions.

Obi-Wan: Well, then you are lost!

On 1/12/2020 at 11:48 AM, Mortrixs19 said:

The lack of shame is alarming. 

I'm in the process of recording a hardcore band, something I've never done before. My roommate and I have tracked the drums and a scratch guitar track for two songs, and this week we'll add the final guitar tracks as well as record bass. It's a pretty wild undertaking as my background in sound engineering has only been for my own music.