Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wrathoxic

Why do so many of you guys have Anime PFP's?

6 hours ago, Master O said:

Avatar was an OK movie. Great special effects, though. 

oh I loved that one. story was very compelling, actors did a great job, and yes, the effects were great. also was nice to see sigourney in that one

Topic starter, why out of all Doom unrelated avatars would you single out only animeme ones?

8 hours ago, Spectre01 said:

It's a semi-recent fad, like those fish avatars from back in the day. More specifically, according to @Walter confetti, he is the "Starter of 2016 Love Live / anime avatar revolution".

Yeah, it all started with me using this picture of Rin Hoshizora from Love Live doing weird faces and then... Important people from the community (like Esselfortium, Tarnsman, Csonicgo and some other people in the forums) started using avatar from this show, liking the wacky and weird nature of cast from that show (iiirc) and then other people in the forums started using anime avatars creating that famous new fad, that like here just opens discussions and even one day Linguica deleted all the anime avatars for some reason I don't remember now...

44 minutes ago, Beginner said:

Topic starter, why out of all Doom unrelated avatars would you single out only animeme ones?

I think it's cool to hate "anime fetishes" these days.

I've seen others using these words to bash users sporting anime avatars in many places.

Just providing some cold, hard evidence for Walter’s claims:

On 6/28/2016 at 8:35 AM, esselfortium said:

Thank you for starting the Love Live avatar revolution of 2016

phoenix-wright-gif-16.gif

Edited by Doomkid

21 hours ago, Chezza said:

People have Avatars of what they're somewhat sexually attracted to.

Mine's a Robot.

My avatar is a drawing I made for the sole purpose of being my avatar.

So I'm attracted to myself if I'm wearing a suit and a helmet? OH GOD.

9 hours ago, Spectre01 said:

It's a semi-recent fad, like those fish avatars from back in the day.

Technically the fish avatars were anime pictures, too.

My profile picture is basically a custom figure *not mine* of the Fighter class from Hexen. I do plan on making another profile picture this time though.

6 hours ago, Chezza said:

People have Avatars of what they're somewhat sexually attracted to.

This was always my assumption. 

4 hours ago, Walter confetti said:

even one day Linguica deleted all the anime avatars for some reason I don't remember now

At the time I didn't know what the hell was going on with all the avatars and my main point of reference was the 4chan / gamergate obsession with anime girls and the whole thing seemed like an unsavory fad. I had to be convinced to let the anime run free. Also my avatar is NOT anime it is just the two main characters from the Doom movie in love with cartoon hearts for some reason.

What disturbs your prefrontal cortex so much? It's  because you are too pretty for wearing anime avatars?

34 minutes ago, Linguica said:

At the time I didn't know what the hell was going on with all the avatars and my main point of reference was the 4chan / gamergate obsession with anime girls and the whole thing seemed like an unsavory fad. I had to be convinced to let the anime run free. Also my avatar is NOT anime it is just the two main characters from the Doom movie in love with cartoon hearts for some reason.

That's the endgame of Internet

I like cute pretty girls.

I like foxes.

Find a cute picture that combines the two? Sure as hell im gonna make it my avatar.

I can't tell you but what I can tell you is that my pp is objectivly the coolest profile picture on the internet

13 minutes ago, Devalaous said:

I like cute pretty girls.

I like foxes.

Find a cute picture that combines the two? Sure as hell im gonna make it my avatar.

Why not cats and girls too :p ?

giphy.webp

41 minutes ago, MTrop said:

I have my avatar because I don't like fun.

So you're just like the author of this topic? Good to know.

If you have any questions or concerns, the Anime Complaints department can be reached by telephone at (AW0) 000-56709 during business hours.

15 hours ago, Doomkid said:

Frank Zappa is my favorite anime

I thought that was Richie Blackmore... Anyways. And I seem like one of the veeeeeery few people who don't like anime at all. Just not my cup of tea, I prefer watching Who Wants To Be A millionaire and sports instead lol. I watch some movies though. 

As of what I have picked, I pick a Baron Of Hell on a lot of places unless I feel like I have to place my IRL pic. I don't know why the baron is my favorite Doom monster. 

7 hours ago, Jello said:

And mine is a zombie Richard Nixon. Huh. I learned something about myself today. I'm not sure what I learned... but it's something.

I knew it!!! I knew that was Richard Nixon!! 

28 minutes ago, insertwackynamehere said:

There seems to be a lot of defensiveness in this thread lol

Well what else would you do :p ?

"Why do so many of you guys have Heavy Metal PFP's?"

"I like heavy metal okay, it's not satan worship or anything weird, it's just what I like, okay?"

"Why do so many of you guys have Cartoon Fish PFP's?"

"I like cartoon fish okay, it's not fishy worship or anything weird, it's just what I like, okay?"

Spoiler

This topic seems geared to get people worked up, whether intentional or not. Why won't Op-sempai notice us *cries*