Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SlayerOGames666

DOOM 30th Anniversary: How are we gonna celebrate?

I personally think that we could celebrate by giving a BFC (Big Fantastical Cacoward) to the best WAD that was made in this community over the 30 odd years. What do you think?

A cake with Doomguy giving the Ouch Face, and "You're getting old!" written on it in gib-style frosting.

Preferably, presented to John Romero.

1 hour ago, Dark Pulse said:

A cake with Doomguy giving the Ouch Face, and "You're getting old!" written on it in gib-style frosting.

Preferably, presented to John Romero.

Good idea! But what about John Carmack? i think he made the engine itself.

Top 100 Most influencial people on doom or something similar in the style of that 100 memorable maps list. I think this could be a nice gathering for all doom creators.

Having a handheld (able to be carried in your pocket) holographic device (hologram projector) you can ready that only plays The Ultimate Doom and boots up with the UAC logo.

Edited by SuperCupcakeTactics

"The Evolution" Megawad.

The first map is kinda designed as wads from 1993. The last map must be MAXIMUM GZDOOM UDMF WHATEVER edition with all possible and impossible tricks and features.

3 minutes ago, Deⓧiaz said:

"The Evolution" Megawad.

The first map is kinda designed as wads from 1993. The last map must be MAXIMUM GZDOOM UDMF WHATEVER edition with all possible and impossible tricks and features.

I had a similar thought - make each map representative of a year in Doom history. Could be a sweet community project.

1 hour ago, GhoulDesecrator said:

Doom 3 in the Doom 64 engine

Go a step further and get Doom 2016 capable of running Doom 3 in game so you can have Doom 3 run Shareware Doom in Doom 3 in Doom 2016. Doom Eternal can wait until the big 35.

4 hours ago, xvertigox said:

I had a similar thought - make each map representative of a year in Doom history. Could be a sweet community project.

When this happens, I call 1995!

7 hours ago, Doomkid said:

When this happens, I call 1995!

Ill call any year, as long as i know what the theme of that year's wads will be, so i can get a feel of how to decorate it accordingly. 

7 hours ago, Boomslang said:

i'd probably bake a cake with these plushies in the pic, but i can only find the pain elemental on amazon.

Glad the Pain Elemental, after being absent from Doom 3 And Doom 2016, is getting some merch love.

Although I do wonder if there are little lost souls stuffed inside him...

I would love a map that goes over the cacowards over the years, with each map being a year. It's split into several parts that have design based off of each winning wad. It would likely have to be a GZDoom map, but I still think it would be pretty neat.

On 12/18/2019 at 11:45 AM, Deⓧiaz said:

"The Evolution" Megawad.

Awesome thought! John Carmack must be proud of us!

We all should play Doom in one form or another, all at the same time, and record it individually, then upload it for others to see.

Like it could be: "Hi I'm "Name". I'm from "Country". Been playing Doom for "x" years and today is the 30th anniversary of Doom!

Anyone looking to acquire Doom stuff should do so now as prices will inevitably rise in a few years.