Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gruntkiller4000

The Official 'Trying to Find a Specific WAD' Thread

looking for a wad that used enemy and maybe weapon graphics from counter strike. first level had a lot of gray concrete wall textures.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I'm looking for mappacks that have a recurring theme/leitmotif like Icarus. So far, it seems to be the only one of its kind.

Trying to figure out which wad had its first level be all startan2 and had secrets that spouted the line "YOU FOUND THE HIDDEN IMPSE!", anyone know which wad this is?

I remember playing through this sorta amateur megawad that had a broken hourglass as a titlescreen and Blur's "song 2" as it's level 1 theme

On 12/29/2019 at 3:57 PM, THMG said:

Trying to figure out which wad had its first level be all startan2 and had secrets that spouted the line "YOU FOUND THE HIDDEN IMPSE!", anyone know which wad this is?

Here you go.

It Only Gets Worse

I played a wad long time ago, not remember when exactly, but the it had a map that was and underground cave, that leads to a gigantic spaceship caved-in. Well, if i remember right, the exit was over the spaceship and leads to the next level inside the spaceship.
i played it on zandronum or GzDoom as i didn't know any other port a few years back

9 hours ago, P41R47 said:

I played a wad long time ago, not remember when exactly, but the it had a map that was and underground cave, that leads to a gigantic spaceship caved-in. Well, if i remember right, the exit was over the spaceship and leads to the next level inside the spaceship.
i played it on zandronum or GzDoom as i didn't know any other port a few years back

That sounds like Going Down, by mouldy. Maps 18 and 19, if memory serves.

4 hours ago, Demon of the Well said:

That sounds like Going Down, by mouldy. Maps 18 and 19, if memory serves.

Oh, Yes! Now i remember! How i can forget it was one of the few megawads that i completed at that time?
Thank for the help, @Demon of the Well

I can only dream of a map like that but expanded further in the UFO setting. Maybe its a good starting point for a project.

Looking for a mid to late 90s(?) Doom 1 wad that replaces Shotgun Guy sprites with hologram version.

On 2/9/2012 at 8:09 AM, gruntkiller4000 said:

I don't remember the name of the wad, but I remember what it was about and it was about you as the doom guy, you started on the first level "E1M1" but "remastered" and with marines and scientists around the area, you came abroad and met the general or commander (who was a red doom guy , taller and without the helmet), I told you that you have to travel to a different dimension, and then you entered a machine and sent you to the first level, where you ran into just weighing a pinky I look for the question and I can't find it :(

On 12/23/2019 at 7:38 PM, Spectre01 said:

I'm interested in some Boom (or lower) compatibility wads with OpenGL/GLBoom+ as the intended or recommended renderer/port. Some examples are Eternal's wads like Frozen Time, Epic 2, and Hell Ground. There is also Bloody Steel with its high-res assets. So anything with additional features for the hardware renderer or just the author recommending a GL port. 

17 days later...

You may like Lost Civilization then, not that the author specified anything about the intended renderer, but I found it similar to Bloody Steel in many ways and much smoother on opengl, since it's mostly natural realistic environments.

(Posted this in the wrong thread originally, so here is a repost here!)

Hello fellow Doominites! I've been thinking a lot about downloading lots of wads and playing them through skulltag online. One in particular was a wave survival WAD with a hidden level called something like 'anime museum'. It was ridiculously stupid, with 'Caramelldansen' blaring as the music in the level while the entire level was covered in images of 90's and 2000's anime. There was even awful hidden rooms and secrets. Does anyone remember what this WAD was called, and if it's still around to download so my friends don't think I'm crazy and I can make them suffer like I did?

I do remember some tweak wads that changes enemies into fast running bots like in Deathmatch. Could someone remind me how this mod was called, please?

There's this pre-98' underground level that had wide open spaces with mancs, spectres, and demons in it.   The main textures in the area I remember was crackle2 and ashwall to contrast against.   There was what looked like a flattened "V" in the automap that was slightly different in height from the main chamber.   Very hectic map due to the layout allowing for the monsters to move freely, somewhat dark in lighting.   (I know this is a terrible description, wish I had more to give to help find this as it's been driving me nuts trying to remember what it was).

Single level from a shovelware disc also.  lots of cacos in the main area as well.

Edited by joepallai

I played through a megawad project last year that was generally impressive but had a weird buggy animated texture in some places that flashed between some wall textures and a crudely-drawn animated patch of blood vessels that looked drawn in MS Paint. I would have guessed that to be some mistake using a wrong texture by the author. Anyone know what that one was? I'm not recognizing it by any stand-out file names in my folder.

Im looking for a megawad that in a tech level you have to kill a type of fast marine , the level was a big dark tech base , maybe it was level 12 or 13 

other level of the game was a big outdoor corridor with lot of pillars with archiviles inside

pd; sorry for my bad english

I remember a wad I played a long time ago that I can't seem to find. I thought it was called street.wad, but whenever I download any wads similar to that name, it's completely different.

It's a doom2 wad created in the 90s. It had midi music from movies and tv shows. The first level had the Psycho theme song from Alfred Hitchcock movie. The Pink Panther theme was also present, which was played in level 8 I think . The wad also had Indiana Jones theme song, which was the last level. If I remember correctly, the final level involves you inside a fortress killing the Icon of Sin. The Icon was just a wall of fireblu from the distance.

The wad has a handful of maps and is set on a uac base, most levels are full of enemies (it was a multiplayer-oriented wad, pretty popular in the 2008-2010 time frame), i think that the wad name had "uac" in it, i cant really remember much about the maps but the first one has a mix of indoor and outdoor areas with a lot of revenants and arachnotrons (most levels were like this) and a spider mastermind behind a fence, another map is a creepy oriented map with a lot of traps and invisible monsters and it was all dark. I cant remember if the wad had any new monsters/weapons but i believe it didn't but it depended mostly of big groups of the same enemies (mostly revenants and cacodemons)

Does anybody know, or happen to have, Magicka wad? Think it was "magicka_d" or something along those lines. It's the wad with OP weapons like the Hellheaven(modified Unmaker). Thanks in advance.

On 1/10/2020 at 8:00 AM, Dragoon465 said:

(Posted this in the wrong thread originally, so here is a repost here!)

Hello fellow Doominites! I've been thinking a lot about downloading lots of wads and playing them through skulltag online. One in particular was a wave survival WAD with a hidden level called something like 'anime museum'. It was ridiculously stupid, with 'Caramelldansen' blaring as the music in the level while the entire level was covered in images of 90's and 2000's anime. There was even awful hidden rooms and secrets. Does anyone remember what this WAD was called, and if it's still around to download so my friends don't think I'm crazy and I can make them suffer like I did?

Invasion Unleashed?

I'm looking for a wad that will give me more than double ammo instead of just using infinite or re spawning ammo for vanilla doom. I want to encourage players to use different weapons and/or conserve ammo rather than running in with a BFG spamming every level.

Also if there is a wad that will allow players in vanilla doom to shoot through each other that would be wonderful too.

Would appreciate anyone who could direct me to mods like this!! Thank you so much in advance!