Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

Post interesting screencaps from the press blitz here

2 hours ago, Super Mighty G said:

I'll be honest, I don't like the look of that. I'm getting micro transaction vibes. 

I wouldn't worry about microtrans exactly. Again, Diablo 3 and Path of Exile both have seasons in which you unlock stuff, and its purely cosmetic (though I guess Diablo 3 has actual limited time items, but again, you don't buy them). If I'm right, it's just going along those lines. At most, it can be a bit jarring I suppose, but again...quite possibly not a "buy more now" mechanic.

I remember one time seeing a screenshot of an Arachnotron figurine in r/Doom but then it vanished.

Has anyone seen it?

On 1/22/2020 at 10:09 PM, Mattzs said:

Sorry if this has been said before, but the press info seems to confirm that the Wraiths/Makyrs are Fallen Angels.

Their origin sounds eerily similar to a version of the Story of the Watchers from the Book of Enoch. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watcher_(angel)

Angelic beings cast out from the Heavens, Land on “Earth”, create a race of giants (Nephilim; Titans in Doom?), and intermingle with mankind.

The Wraiths and Maykrs are different creatures.

On 1/22/2020 at 11:59 PM, Yourfacedotcom said:

If that book is hinting that a possible Prey 2 is in the works I'm going to very pleased.

Little demon collectibles this time it seems? That is fucking adorable!

Well, Bethesda did devour Human Head games recently and, given that PREY was not a success of sales, I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to revisit the original game with a proper sequel.

6 minutes ago, TheRedTide said:

Well, Bethesda did devour Human Head games recently and, given that PREY was not a success of sales, I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to revisit the original game with a proper sequel.

Honestly I would be fine with a sequel to the new Prey or original Prey. Enjoyed them both for different reasons.

15 hours ago, TheRedTide said:

The Wraiths and Maykrs are different creatures.

Yeah. I should have been more clear on that. 

But, I still think there is a connection because the Maykrs come to D'nur as they are impressed by the righteousness of the Sentinels. The Sentinels founded their religion around the Wraiths.

After contact with the Maykrs, the sentinels and people of D'nur begin to worship the Maykrs as well. The Maykrs don't seem to be bothered by this double worship, even when they declare the universe is filled with all kinds of enemies. The sentinels crusade in the name of the Maykrs.

Makes me wonder if the wraiths were sent there on purpose.

21 hours ago, whatup876 said:

I remember one time seeing a screenshot of an Arachnotron figurine in r/Doom but then it vanished.

Has anyone seen it?

Found some footage about it on my own and an album named At Doom's Gate.

There's also a painting with the album's illustration, making me wonder if that has something to do with the empty/white frames' role in the hub.

Video was:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3jTCl0EA2Y

I wonder if any video will soon be deleted or gone, so i guess archiving them could matter.

arachnotron and at dooms gate album painting.png

7 hours ago, Knee Deep In The Fan said:

I believe "At Doom's Gate" was also one of the name of the songs from the 2016 game also wasn't it?

1 hour ago, Liquid Ink said:

At Doom's Gate is the original E1M1 music isn't it?

yes and yes

I see that the inevitable 'Doom Eternal' Easter eggs thread is gonna be extensive.

I like the idea that we'll be finding records to collect, no doubt Mr Slayer has a LP player in his hub. That's gonna be fantastic.