Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Searcher

Blind Alley, "Monster Mansion" Just released.

Blind Alley, "Monster Mansion" Just released.

File name: bndalyr.zip

Give it a try. It is in new stuff right now.
http://ftp.gamers.org/pub/games/idgames/newstuff/

Sixth map in the Blind Alley series. This one is bigger, nicer, and just as hard as my previous maps. I consider this map only somewhat hard in UV. Skill levels may come in handy until you learn the map. UV on this map is aimed at the experienced player. This is the nicest map of the lot so far. You should not miss this one!

You will never have for hunt for ammo in there. That is the least of your problems. There is enough health and ammo that you can push as hard as you want for time, or just lay back and snipe at the monsters. Nice to have the option isn't it?

Special thanks to Rich Sham for providing a great Legacy version
1.40 UV max demo of this map, included in the zip file. Give it a look, then warm up your trigger finger.

Feedback and/or demos always appreciated.

I recommend you watch the demo of the level before you play it. Unless you just love to die in the traps I have set for you.

I don't care if you missed all the others, this is a must see.

Now get busy, the carnage is waiting!

File name: bndalyr.zip

Give it a try.
http://ftp.gamers.org/pub/games/idgames/newstuff/

I like the first half better than the second.
Rich's demo is nice too.
Your maps just get the player out there with plenty of ammo to have fun... and that equals fun to me. thanks.

Yep the hottest yet in an upwardly countinuing series. I had fun recording this one.:)

Thanks guys. I thought everyone would like it. Nicest of my maps so far.

Community feedback is always greatly appreciated. It helps us to improve even more as mappers.

This is a good level, though it could be a lot better. The struckture of the level is a bit squarish, but it looks still good enough because of some light effects and good texturing. The gameplay was really interesting and made the level worth playing, though the middle part of the level was a bit boring (the one with press a switch, enter a room and press another switch). Ammo and health were mostly well balanced but I think that soul sphere was too much and made the level too easy. Good level still!

DooMer 4ever said:

This is a good level, though it could be a lot better. The struckture of the level is a bit squarish, but it looks still good enough because of some light effects and good texturing. The gameplay was really interesting and made the level worth playing, though the middle part of the level was a bit boring (the one with press a switch, enter a room and press another switch). Ammo and health were mostly well balanced but I think that soul sphere was too much and made the level too easy. Good level still!

Thanks for the input. Glad you like it. The concentration is on gameplay and looks like you agree with that.

At the same time I was looking for a nice looking map, not the best you ever saw but one that looked just fine. Glad you agree.

I agree the middle part could be a bit better but overall I think it is a good map. Perhaps not A grade but certainly strong B grade work.

That soulsphere is in there for lesser players and for players that really want to push the map for a time run. If you push hard in there you will need that item. There are a lot of places to die in that map.

Again, thanks for the feedback, and good luck to you on your new Army career.

DooMer 4ever said:

I wouldn't call it a "career" as it's something every man in Finland MUST do, but thanks.

Oh, that explains a lot, how long do you do?